Login

russian armor

0CP Paradrop Fix Idea

11 Aug 2023, 17:13 PM

Alright, what if the paradrops remained 0CP, BUT you can only drop them in friendly connected (or maybe unconnected but friendly) territory UNTIL you get a commander ability beneath them?

For example, let's say that the fallshirmpios come before IDK an AT gun drop (I don't know what it really is I haven't been playing CoH 3). Make it so that it's the AT gun drop AND it unlocks paradropping fallshirmpios anywhere on the map as usual.

I think that this would allow paradropped units to be useful as support units that can instantly be dropped onto the field to reinforce a position in the early game, but not able to do the whole "harass VPs as soon as the game starts", however they can still function as disruptive nuisances later on.
11 Aug 2023, 19:55 PM

Why hasnt this post been moderated yet
11 Aug 2023, 21:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2023, 19:55 PMRosbone
Why hasnt this post been moderated yet

The one thing I dislike about this idea is that it forces you to drop on territories you've already captured, thereby reducing unitspreading.
11 Aug 2023, 22:04 PM

Or just add cooldown for the first call-in the way CoH2 did it.

30cal and fallpios have around ~30 seconds cooldown, so if they start with cooldown, this 30 seconds will at least allow other factions to get their T1 building, start producing first unit and starting unit will be much closer to the centre of the map allowing you to at least catch paradroped unit during landing, if they are dropped way too aggressively.

But who cares? It takes relic 1 year, to ignore all the reasonable feedback and suggestions, later to proudly announce they are introducing it into the game. Call-ins and paradroped will be fixed eventually.
11 Aug 2023, 22:13 PM

The one thing I dislike about this idea is that it forces you to drop on territories you've already captured, thereby reducing unitspreading.

12 Aug 2023, 18:38 PM

Or just add cooldown for the first call-in the way CoH2 did it.

Think this is applying a coh2 mindset to a game that is not coh2. There were no airdropped or infiltration spawn units at CP 0. Adding a 30 second cooldown isn't going to change the fact that you can appear on the field exactly where you want and get a head start on building cover, wiring off the enemy's, etc.

30 seconds is a big deal in 1v1, in 4v4 that's nothing. That kind of fix only helps the small gamemode side of the playerbase.

I like my idea better because of that fact. At least if you're rushing to drop units at the VP, you have to cap your way to it first.
12 Aug 2023, 20:01 PM

30 seconds is a big deal in 1v1, in 4v4 that's nothing. That kind of fix only helps the small gamemode side of the playerbase.

Actually its 75 seconds, even more then I've remember, for both FP and 30cal.

But even if they've had 30 second cooldown you are underestimating time badly. First fights in 4v4 starts at around ~1:30 minute mark, unless someone is rushing towards the enemy.

With 30 seconds delay you would already have T1 build and first unit finishing production and your starting unit will be moving towards second point. On top of that you consider delay of a plane actually flying, unit paradropping and doing some activities, you would have plenty of time to screw up aggressive paradrop. And top of that second paradroped unit will be delayed significantly.

Para units and their spawn system is completely fine, what is not fine is that they can cap VPs and bleed you from the start, aswell as wiring\taking garrisons\delaying and harrasing cut-offs and this is all simply because they can be dropped from the get go. So what is the point addressing their spawn system, when its their timing casing problems.
13 Aug 2023, 09:01 AM

Yeah they should just add an initial cooldown for all 0cp para units.
16 Aug 2023, 15:19 PM

Or just disable ability to drop into fog of war?
16 Aug 2023, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2023, 15:19 PMFrost
Or just disable ability to drop into fog of war?

Might be the best thing for balance, but can't help feel like that kills the spirit of airborne tactics

The whole point of it was dropping them into areas behind the lines. That said, i haven't played in a month or two so I'm not the one to ask about how its effecting the actual game
17 Aug 2023, 04:46 AM

Might be the best thing for balance, but can't help feel like that kills the spirit of airborne tactics

The whole point of it was dropping them into areas behind the lines. That said, i haven't played in a month or two so I'm not the one to ask about how its effecting the actual game

Right right. I agree. That's why I was thinking that they would recieve that full capability after a few CPs or something.
28 Aug 2023, 00:36 AM

Zero cp doesnt bother me as much as the immunity they have until ready to fire

In coh2 you could dmg a dropping squad before they even hit the ground if you were in the landing area. In coh3 seems like they take no dmg until the dropping squad is rdy to shoot back

This is exceedingly stupid, coh2 had airdrops figured out. WHy change it
28 Aug 2023, 04:39 AM

Zero cp doesnt bother me as much as the immunity they have until ready to fire

In coh2 you could dmg a dropping squad before they even hit the ground if you were in the landing area. In coh3 seems like they take no dmg until the dropping squad is rdy to shoot back

This is exceedingly stupid, coh2 had airdrops figured out. WHy change it

coh3 designed by clowns. the airdrop did take damages in early version, they later patched to take no damages.

0cp mg no damage, wtf
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 882
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak