Login

russian armor

At what point will you come back to Coh3?

5 Aug 2023, 21:59 PM
Benefactor 115

Still don't like it.

I think its because COH3 is COH1 and COH2 smooshed together but there's no new gameplay mechanics that interest me.

map selection is also garbage.
5 Aug 2023, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2023, 19:09 PMGrim
I came back today to try it again after a few months off. Namely because they added maps for team games.

Tried a few 3v3/4v4 and the balance just seems to be really....bad. Worse then it was months ago by any stretch of the imagination. Combined with the lack of diversity as the remaining players play hard and fast by the meta or die.

Bersaglieri spam is still as obnoxious if not more so than it was in the past.

I dunno, I really held out hope for this game but the matches today left me realising this product is dead in the water and a misery to play.

4v4 is definitely where it's at when determining balance, no doubt about it
5 Aug 2023, 22:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2023, 22:34 PMKoRneY

4v4 is definitely where it's at when determining balance, no doubt about it

The only thing coh3 has going for it is its okay 1v1 and 2v2 balance. Let's not forget, though, that the majority of the playerbase are not 1v1 and 2v2 players, and I can tell you that 4v4 may be unbalanced in coh2, but a whole fuckton less so than coh3.

I was trying to give coh 3 another chance the other day, hosting a custom match with a custom 4v4 map. 3 times I tried hosting, 3 times CoH3 maxed out my ram (16 GB) and crashed itself.

I'm just not motivated enough to try again right now. I don't even want to play coh2 to be honest. I'm looking forward to the Men Of War 2 test. Other than that, I'm playing the Sims 2.

More maps, more battlegroups are the only things that interest me right now. And ONE 4v4 map for a grand total of THREE possible maps to play on is not enough for me lmfao.
6 Aug 2023, 00:48 AM

The only thing coh3 has going for it is its okay 1v1 and 2v2 balance. Let's not forget, though, that the majority of the playerbase are not 1v1 and 2v2 players, and I can tell you that 4v4 may be unbalanced in coh2, but a whole fuckton less so than coh3.

I was trying to give coh 3 another chance the other day, hosting a custom match with a custom 4v4 map. 3 times I tried hosting, 3 times CoH3 maxed out my ram (16 GB) and crashed itself.

I'm just not motivated enough to try again right now. I don't even want to play coh2 to be honest. I'm looking forward to the Men Of War 2 test. Other than that, I'm playing the Sims 2.

More maps, more battlegroups are the only things that interest me right now. And ONE 4v4 map for a grand total of THREE possible maps to play on is not enough for me lmfao.

I'm on 16gb of ram too. Odd. Though I haven't tried hosting, maybe that kills system memory.

Admittedly I play mostly 3v3 and 2v2 but 3v3 isn't quite as much of a shitfest as 4v4 which blew me out of the water. I threw in the towel for that mode the other day after getting dumpstered by a horde of jeeps and m8s. It was funny in that 4v4 kind of way but I don't have much time for that.

But I agree on the maps, there is quite a shortage. BGs otoh I'm a little apprehensive about them adding more because it's going to be fucked for a while while they wring out money from fotm players and then finally figure out how to balance them.
6 Aug 2023, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2023, 00:48 AMKoRneY

I'm on 16gb of ram too. Odd. Though I haven't tried hosting, maybe that kills system memory.

Admittedly I play mostly 3v3 and 2v2 but 3v3 isn't quite as much of a shitfest as 4v4 which blew me out of the water. I threw in the towel for that mode the other day after getting dumpstered by a horde of jeeps and m8s. It was funny in that 4v4 kind of way but I don't have much time for that.

But I agree on the maps, there is quite a shortage. BGs otoh I'm a little apprehensive about them adding more because it's going to be fucked for a while while they wring out money from fotm players and then finally figure out how to balance them.

Technically it was actually VS AI on a custom map with that CoH 3 extended roster tuning pack mod. Who knows, maybe it was the map or maybe it was the tuning pack, all I know is that it just killed my will to play lmfao
6 Aug 2023, 17:37 PM

Technically it was actually VS AI on a custom map with that CoH 3 extended roster tuning pack mod. Who knows, maybe it was the map or maybe it was the tuning pack, all I know is that it just killed my will to play lmfao

I ran cheatmod last night and it killed my system, so maybe the extended mod might've done yours in too, on top of hosting.
10 Aug 2023, 06:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2023, 19:09 PMGrim
I came back today to try it again after a few months off. Namely because they added maps for team games.

Tried a few 3v3/4v4 and the balance just seems to be really....bad. Worse then it was months ago by any stretch of the imagination. Combined with the lack of diversity as the remaining players play hard and fast by the meta or die.

Bersaglieri spam is still as obnoxious if not more so than it was in the past.

I dunno, I really held out hope for this game but the matches today left me realising this product is dead in the water and a misery to play.

What's your ELO? genius question because for sure at low ELO level you'll find much more dumb strat and spam that works vs newbies.

Bersaglieri spam for instance is probably quite easy to counter with early vehicle such as dingo or weasel since they don't have atnade and aren't even that good in fighting before getting vet and weapon. Now if you opened with 2 HMGs, you're going to be in trouble vs them.
10 Aug 2023, 13:59 PM
Benefactor 115

Game has to be fun at all levels. You can't just cater for the top 1% because you won't have a player base then.
10 Aug 2023, 15:22 PM

Well if you open with 2 cisors, don't be surprise to hard lose if your opponent blindly opened with 2/3 rocks.
10 Aug 2023, 18:29 PM

I have been trying to find hacks to make the map editor better. This has led me to testing a map I am editing. And to me the biggest factor is sound.

The constant yelling is annoying and it covers up what is really happening so much. I find that after about 20 seconds my brain just filters out the game sound altogether.

The yelling needs to be turned way down. From early talks with Duffman, turning them down also turns down the major alerts like "Grenade!". Is that still the case after updates? Thoughts?
10 Aug 2023, 19:00 PM

Game has to be fun at all levels. You can't just cater for the top 1% because you won't have a player base then.

While I agree its not all about the top players, there needs to be a line drawn for the bottom of the barrel players too.

Should we neuter all off-maps into impotent abilities, because they will not dodge it?
Should increase grenade throwing animation length and fuse timer, because they can't see it?
Should we lower costs of units, because they will just keep losing them and having to rebuild?

Balance should not be made for top 10 players, but it also should not cater to rank 5000 4v4 blobber who can't dodge longest off-maps or make simplest of decisions about not frontally attacking something that hardcounters him.
10 Aug 2023, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2023, 17:48 PMGrim

Have two steam accounts lol but go off I guess, Korney.

Right, your alternate 3v3 account 😂
10 Aug 2023, 19:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2023, 19:13 PMKoRneY

Right, your alternate 3v3 account 😂

Why else would I have so few fucking matches on a game I talk about constantly?

10 Aug 2023, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2023, 19:19 PMGrim

I don't use alternate accounts so your guess will probably be better than mine

Edit : I thought it was because you said you took a few months away, but hey, multiple accounts!
10 Aug 2023, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2023, 19:19 PMGrim

I dont even play Coh3 and I talk about it all day long.

Right now I am watching some COH3 and focusing on the terrible sound. Dudes screaming in my ears while large caliber weapons are being fired and they sound like someones popping balloons about 30 meters away from me. Zero immersion.

EDIT:
I just ran the game with the screaming at a minimum. And yes, the alerts are buried in there. Alerts need to have their own volume control. The game actually sounded decent without the screaming idiots.
10 Aug 2023, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2023, 20:26 PMRosbone

I dont even play Coh3 and I talk about it all day long.

Right now I am watching some COH3 and focusing on the terrible sound. Dudes screaming in my ears while large caliber weapons are being fired and they sound like someones popping balloons about 30 meters away from me. Zero immersion.

EDIT:
I just ran the game with the screaming at a minimum. And yes, the alerts are buried in there. Alerts need to have their own volume control. The game actually sounded decent without the screaming idiots.

My wife has banished me back to headphones, the screaming and overly loud heavy mortars/arty only serve to frustrate her

The sound is seriously out of balance. The sound production has definitely declined since coh1, but topping Jeremy Soule's work (for the soundtrack at least)was probably never going to happen

Edit: clarity, writing between dumb projects at work
11 Aug 2023, 07:11 AM

I agree the sound design and planning is terrible. Constant shouting, which drowns out everything else on top of repetetive voicelines, which they definetly had budget cuts on.
11 Aug 2023, 10:23 AM

have feedback to relic about the terrible sound design since early beta. nothing changes. the way usf infantry scream like dying pigs, talk about zero sound director. who are the people hired at relic?

the recent explosion and planes audio patch made things worse. the loudness is unbalanced. there's no atmospheric effect, just empty silence or stupidity loud

can it be more contrasty with baldur gate 3 that whole world is playing?

both are considered great relics of pc past, that current players won't touch outside the old boys. both larian and relic had about 400 staffers working on it for years.larian already released 2 hot fixes with plenty of fixes..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★