Login

russian armor

Relic and Org need to update their banning policies

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
3 Jul 2023, 20:54 PM

The summer sales are on for Steam and I was browsing games. Oh, AoE4 is on sale for $20. Hmm, I am not a fan of AoE2 but it might be worth messing around in it for $20.

Should I buy it? Can I buy it? If I buy it, can I even play it? Will I drop $20 on the game just to find out my Relic ban stretches to this franchise as well?

I have seen people perma banned in Coh2 that are playing Coh3. Somehow I am banned in both but they are not. Am I banned from future games? These people were not?

It is still an annoyance to me that I am banned from ONLINE PLAY but am unable to play OFFLINE in Coh2. I can play OFFLINE in Coh3. That is still simmering. More on this later.

WAY OFF TOPIC
While looking at AoE4 in Steam I saw the map editor was a DLC so it had its own reviews. You know how I love reading reviews. 25% approval and some of those are for mods and not map building. This editor sucks, its trash, why is it so hard to run, its super laggy, etc, etc.

That is when it dawned on me, this map editor is trash and has been trash for years and years and the morons at Relic have not fixed it. And once again, I guarantee I could go there and have it working tomorrow. How do you go to sleep at night knowing this stuff is in this shape??? Who does this???

I am at a loss how these people get out of bed and make it to work everyday. They do not seem to possess the intelligence to do it. I almost feel like we should be applauding them like we are at the special olympics "Good Job Billie! You did it! You're a winner!".

I would pay cash money to tour the building just to understand how this place is such a mess.
4 Jul 2023, 00:49 AM

The summer sales are on for Steam and I was browsing games. Oh, AoE4 is on sale for $20. Hmm, I am not a fan of AoE2 but it might be worth messing around in it for $20.

Should I buy it? Can I buy it? If I buy it, can I even play it? Will I drop $20 on the game just to find out my Relic ban stretches to this franchise as well?

Cant speak to the ban situation, but can say that aoe4 is easily worth $20

Significantly better game than coh3. They aren't in the same universe

Aoe4 is also very different from aoe2. Some similarities sure, but still plays very differently
4 Jul 2023, 01:17 AM

Cant speak to the ban situation, but can say that aoe4 is easily worth $20

Significantly better game than coh3. They aren't in the same universe

Aoe4 is also very different from aoe2. Some similarities sure, but still plays very differently

I always felt like Coh was AoE2 modified to my exact specifications. So I am curious how AoE4 is. But I know I will only play it a few times and never touch it again. So I dont want to drop $60 on it. $20 sounds fine. but I wont buy it until I am unbanned by relic. Which will happen..........?
4 Jul 2023, 01:34 AM

Well boys its been like 3 1/2 weeks since my ban... well, since my wife got banned. Its her account that got banned, not mine.

4 Jul 2023, 10:11 AM

Well boys its been like 3 1/2 weeks since my ban... well, since my wife got banned. Its her account that got banned, not mine.

"new" Relic gonna relic.

Enjoy, zero infractions, completely clean slate, but banned for 3rd warning without receiving a singular infraction prior permanently.
But at least I can play.

That company used to have my full trust since DoW2 and they just went down the shitter after CoH2.
4 Jul 2023, 11:08 AM

Oi, why is your wife even playing this game? Sounds like domestic abuse to me.

Seriously, you will not find logic or justice. I moved on and I wasn't even banned. You should just move on... play meaningful and good games, let COH3 rot. I don't care if you deserved the ban or not, there is no way forward.

Relic is a trainwreck, reading news that the upcoming 4vs4 map is some monolithic throwaway draftwork being repurposed makes it sound like they didn't even plan on making anymore 4vs4 maps: just managed to "scout" the artifact in their database. 5 months in, no content, no community, no staff, no plan.

So when you are trying to find flaws in their community management, you will probably discover the equal level of competence to their game or studio management.

Even if you discover that they are indeed petty and specifically targeting you, you cannot do shit. You will just pound sand while they collect paychecks.
4 Jul 2023, 19:25 PM

Enjoy, zero infractions, completely clean slate, but banned for 3rd warning without receiving a singular infraction prior permanently.

Sounds personal. Maybe its time we start getting personal
4 Jul 2023, 19:30 PM

Oi, why is your wife even playing this game? Sounds like domestic abuse to me.

Yeah. She didnt fall for it. I bought her a copy but she only played once or twice. By then she was playing the Fallout series on the regular.

I was grinding on her account to get her a couple useful commanders then just kept playing on it in case she ever decided to startup again. But she didnt.
5 Jul 2023, 18:25 PM

I always felt like Coh was AoE2 modified to my exact specifications. So I am curious how AoE4 is.

I settled on buying the superior game.
6 Jul 2023, 09:26 AM

I always determine my game purchase decisions via Twitch viewer numbers :snfPeter:
6 Jul 2023, 14:14 PM

Is cherry picking season again?
A_E
18 Jul 2023, 19:19 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

All I can say is when you have a company that clearly takes LGBTQI+ issues very seriously and fully supports the modern theories of the fluidity of gender etc. and you post about one of their staff members publicly on a post that links to their linkedin and go on an odd rant mocking that person for being some shade of LGBTQI+ and then distastefully mock values that Relic clearly supports, It's not that surprising when they ban you.

Basically it's a good lesson you can learn from:

A) people take the LGBTQI+ stuff very seriously, even if you don't, and you have to respect that.
B) Your 'humour' doesn't translate well in every context, and you need to protect yourself in that sense.
C) Being some shade of trans or whatever is a protected characteristic in a lot of people's opinion, so joking about it will have you viewed as being as analogous to sexist/ racist/ homophobic, whether you like it or not, this is how you will be treated and viewed.

I'm speaking as someone that is vaguely conservative but accepting of everyone's right to be different to myself, you have to educate yourself on other people's viewpoints or you'll never understand or respect them.
18 Jul 2023, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2023, 19:19 PMA_E
snip

I think the better questions are why should players support a company that goes balls deep into politics and fully supports rather controversial ideology and why that gaming company does it.
18 Jul 2023, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2023, 19:36 PMKatitof
I think the better questions are why should players support a company that goes balls deep into politics and fully supports rather controversial ideology and why that gaming company does it.

This is the main issue with gaming. There is no way for players to gather together and make an impact. As consumers you need to vote with your wallet. Which people rarely do anymore.

Any ideas? Am I missing some cool Reddit group that talks about boycotting games? Just post Steam reviews explaining why we are not buying their products?
19 Jul 2023, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2023, 19:36 PMKatitof

Care to explain what, in your opinion, this "rather controversial ideology" that Relic fully support, is?
19 Jul 2023, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2023, 08:52 AMVipper

Care to explain what, in your opinion, this "rather controversial ideology" that Relic fully support, is?

To get banned? We know perfectly well that it has now become a religion and any criticism will be subject to a severe ban. Regardless of freedom of speech and opinion.
19 Jul 2023, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2023, 08:52 AMVipper

If you do not know what we are talking about based on last 3 posts, you wouldn't understand explanation anyway so it would be an utter waste of time for me to do it.
19 Jul 2023, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2023, 19:19 PMA_E
All I can say is...

I appreciate your take. I doubt you read everything before this so I will babble on some more since no one ever posts here anymore. Give people something funny to read.

SUMMARY
People said Coh3 sucks because gay, trans, etc were hired, not people who actually write games. I showed that argument could be supported by public photos of some employees we were all already looking at on LinkedIn. At no point did I mock anyone. I totally support anyone who is happy and not hurting others. AND I STILL GOT BANNED.

OP
This post is about Relic arbitrarily banning paying customers with no respect for said customer. It seems to be a stance many companies take. Which I do not agree with.

In my case, it was my 1st offense so I should have been banned for up to a month. That month has long passed. So they are not even following their posted guidelines. Will I be unbanned a month from now??? No way to know.

Luckily for me Coh2 match maker sucks and Coh3 just plain sucks. So my Coh playing is basically unchanged.

COH3
I can make maps and test them in Coh3. But the map editor is complete dog shit and I would rather have my balls pierced than use it.

COH2
I can make maps but I can't test maps in Coh2. Which is a problem. By banning me from Coh2 they basically have stolen my license to play the game because SKIRMISH is locked out. Once again, their ineptness has broken another feature they have no intention of fixing. "Oh thats too hard, we were all hired by someone who came into Starbucks while were there playing Solitaire."

NO ARGUMENTS FROM ME ABOUT THE BAN
I am not arguing about my ban at all. but I could sit and chat all day long about why Relic is ruining Democracy and my ban is just another step in the wrong direction.

MAPS
I formally request RELIC remove all maps from Coh2 that I have made. I do not want my maps associated with a terrible organization such as Relic. Belgorod, Dreux Scout, White Ball, and Road to Arnhem need to be removed.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS