Login

russian armor

Merging Coh2 and Coh 3 for a better game.

16 May 2023, 15:20 PM

Lets support coh3 anyway, but this is a niche game segment and we are better if we play together. Consequently,they should merge both coh2 and 3 into one better game engine...

Give:
More maps;
More options;
Revamped game engine;
Revamped interface;

Additions
Bigger games/ scaling units and planes.
Better level of zooming.
Slower game a bit. 20%

Modifications/adjustments:
Reduce the range of AA gun;
Reduce the [destructive part effect] of all off-map and plane's abilities;

Add default voice to the game.
Add 30 sec voice open countdown for team match.

More options and counters options for each armies are more important then pur game balance. It is also faster and more fun to discover what work best.

@Relic
16 May 2023, 19:24 PM

16 May 2023, 19:38 PM

I'm thinking I might just play Men of War 2 when it comes out instead at this point.
16 May 2023, 20:20 PM

It's not a big job as both game are the same nearly and many asset are compatible. Better to have a bigger game then 2 nearly empty game.
16 May 2023, 23:31 PM

It's not a big job as both game are the same nearly and many asset are compatible. Better to have a bigger game then 2 nearly empty game.

You do realize that both games use completely different engines, right? There is no such possibility like "Copy content from CoH2 and paste it in CoH3". Everything needs to be re-built from scratch
17 May 2023, 13:54 PM

Compatible assets. They should be or it's a bad design.
17 May 2023, 15:48 PM

You do realize that both games use completely different engines, right? There is no such possibility like "Copy content from CoH2 and paste it in CoH3". Everything needs to be re-built from scratch

Not the icons mate.

But yes, merging games is impossible. Perhaps you could get away with much faster production time editing and retexturing some tank models, at the same time re-mastering the old maps from existing CoH3 environmental assets rather than rebuilding precise building/terrain details as they were in CoH2 maps.

Right now, the content is a joke, and if there is a choice between two remastered CoH2 units/maps, versus one new CoH3 asset from scratch: I take the first option until CoH3 reaches half the content of CoH2.

Reuse audio, icons, base-models, gameplay role/design of the Sturmtiger. Bring it to the CoH3. It would have been fine if Relic weren't laggards with launch content, but we are at the position where the team is scounting for the 4vs4 map, maybe summer you will get some actual game DLC, yet the quality of it might be botched anyway.

We are almost three months in, there is 0 new content. Skins or some bug-fixes aren't content.
17 May 2023, 16:59 PM

Well, community members are already remaking COH2 maps like Crossroads and Famonville for COH3. I imagine Relic will eventually cave and take more community content into the game but just aren't doing it from jump since it would probably be a bad look to have community members bailing you out from your lack of content at launch.
17 May 2023, 21:33 PM

Not the icons mate.

But yes, merging games is impossible. Perhaps you could get away with much faster production time editing and retexturing some tank models, at the same time re-mastering the old maps from existing CoH3 environmental assets rather than rebuilding precise building/terrain details as they were in CoH2 maps.

Right now, the content is a joke, and if there is a choice between two remastered CoH2 units/maps, versus one new CoH3 asset from scratch: I take the first option until CoH3 reaches half the content of CoH2.

Reuse audio, icons, base-models, gameplay role/design of the Sturmtiger. Bring it to the CoH3. It would have been fine if Relic weren't laggards with launch content, but we are at the position where the team is scounting for the 4vs4 map, maybe summer you will get some actual game DLC, yet the quality of it might be botched anyway.

We are almost three months in, there is 0 new content. Skins or some bug-fixes aren't content.

Merge both game into [COH World] then sell content patch etc. For me its already the same game, just not compatible yet and not as good as the previous one. We cannot afford to split the player base. @relic
18 May 2023, 05:28 AM

Merge both game into [COH World] then sell content patch etc. For me its already the same game, just not compatible yet and not as good as the previous one. We cannot afford to split the player base. @relic

Meh. It's not really that deep of a split to warrant it. Around 2k players left coh2 and plus an extra 500 new players are all that CoH 3 is pulling in. CoH 2 is pretty much doing exactly the same as it was prior to CoH 3.

All relic has to do is stop wanking off and actually put some elbow grease and content into CoH 3 and the switch will either occur or not occur naturally.
19 May 2023, 23:47 PM

Meh. It's not really that deep of a split to warrant it. Around 2k players left coh2 and plus an extra 500 new players are all that CoH 3 is pulling in. CoH 2 is pretty much doing exactly the same as it was prior to CoH 3.

All relic has to do is stop wanking off and actually put some elbow grease and content into CoH 3 and the switch will either occur or not occur naturally.

I really dont understand Relics ideas. do they lack expertise ?
20 May 2023, 09:42 AM

Yeah even if it was possible, this isn't going to happen... The developers would need to have been gigantic fans of COH 2 and all the subtle nuances and additions that gradually helped it become a rock solid RTS. On the evidence of COH 3, they aren't.

Don't get me wrong it may yet get there, but we're doing it the hard way.

20 May 2023, 12:35 PM

Just tell them to get Canada's federal grant about historical signifiance... to receive free money from the state. So hire those who can make things happens. @Relic.
22 May 2023, 18:50 PM

"today on useless suggestions..."
22 May 2023, 20:15 PM

So how do we do that? We merge them using hadron collider?
We are on a budget and just put it at the front of 2 trucks and crush them together?

We just melt them and mold them into one?

Or we just crack them both into a bowl, scramble them and heat them up until firm on a pan?
23 May 2023, 23:38 PM

I did not and do not buy COH3 but would buy Coh2.5. It had to have everything that COH2 already has, and just add a few things, but few, COH2 is almost perfect now, COH3 couldn't get me hooked for an hour. (On the Demos) Really this Woke generation doesn't know how to make games.
24 May 2023, 14:48 PM

Agreed - the total number of active COH players is about the same now as it was before the launch, maybe up a little.

I don't think there will be any large switch until the game goes on sale. I often see COH2 players from South America when I play. To them, $70 might be as much as 20% of their monthly income. If I had to pay that percentage, I'd still be playing COH2.

Also, COH2 is better balanced in everything except 4v4 and feels more fun to play still. In COH3, US seems too good in early infantry battles but terrible in late game, similar to COH2 on release.
24 May 2023, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2023, 20:15 PMKatitof
So how do we do that? We merge them using hadron collider?
We are on a budget and just put it at the front of 2 trucks and crush them together?

We just melt them and mold them into one?

Or we just crack them both into a bowl, scramble them and heat them up until firm on a pan?

No, you're overthinking his suggestion. The answer is duct tape. It fixes everything.

Duct Tape

I'm sure that COH2/COH3 not making the list was a simple oversight.

25 May 2023, 19:19 PM

I did not and do not buy COH3 but would buy Coh2.5. It had to have everything that COH2 already has, and just add a few things, but few, COH2 is almost perfect now, COH3 couldn't get me hooked for an hour. (On the Demos) Really this Woke generation doesn't know how to make games.

Oh fuck that. Nobody would give a shit about a remastered CoH2 on the same old shitty engine. Ehh, nobody apart from the skeleton crew that keeps playing CoH2 for hours every day and will do so for the next 20 years.
25 May 2023, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2023, 19:19 PMmerlin

Oh fuck that. Nobody would give a shit about a remastered CoH2 on the same old shitty engine. Ehh, nobody apart from the skeleton crew that keeps playing CoH2 for hours every day and will do so for the next 20 years.

That's a pill which is hard to swallow to some here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS