90% chances for Relic drop CoH3 after the survey. I hope Im wrong. :(

11 May 2023, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2023, 12:26 PMnigo

90% chances for Relic drop CoH3 after the survey. I hope Im wrong. :(

Why? I don't follow your logic.
11 May 2023, 13:40 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Because they dont asked anything gameplay related. They only asked about general things like campaign, balance or the UI.

And all these things are heavily negative reviewed by the commnunity.

So, this survey will help Relic if they need to invest more in CoH or not. My bet is not, they will drop the support like DoW3.

Like I said, I hope Im wrong.
11 May 2023, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2023, 13:40 PMnigo

Like I said, I hope Im wrong.

With respect, i think you're reading into it a bit too much. Its just another way of collecting feedback. Devs do this all the time.
11 May 2023, 13:52 PM

Basically, they're gauging how much work it's going to take to get the game into a state that would be considered to be "acceptable" for the largest number of respondents. This will most likely lead to some quick math at the level of upper management where any serious work being done on the game will be severely curtailed given its current state as a likely financial disappointment. Keep in mind - Dawn of War III had a full expansion in the works which community members were constantly kept on the hook about until it was revealed as a pipe dream that had been squashed by bean counters long ago.

I don't know for sure that Company of Heroes 3 is a financial disappointment - but there are a few metrics that I know high-level management look at to determine such things. One of them is straight-up sales, and rest assured, if Company of Heroes 3 broke any records there we would have heard about it. People I know with a casual interest in the series avoided it entirely due to a variety of factors, but bad word-of-mouth from Day 1 was the prime motivator. The second, increasingly-important metric is microtransaction revenue, and the ability for the game to keep generating revenue from the already-existing player base. The particular implementation of microtransactions here, with a lacklustre cosmetic shop and no ability to actually customize your profile at launch means that the game is probably "underperforming" at this level as well.

With this survey it honestly seems like they're fishing for an excuse to justify a pre-existing plan to take the game (and the rest of the studio, hopefully) behind the shed and shoot it.
11 May 2023, 14:31 PM

Not enough transgender, non binary, dual soul apache helicopters playing.
Literally no target audience here, mate.

However, we should consider walking a mile in Relics shoes to understand them better.

11 May 2023, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2023, 14:31 PMKatitof

:D

Its a crazy, reality denying narrative for sure. I don't envy the kids going through college/university at the moment. That's where it seems to be the most fervent, almost like a religion.
11 May 2023, 18:07 PM

They haven't yet launch the game for the console market. Not sure what are their expectation.
11 May 2023, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2023, 18:07 PMEsxile
They haven't yet launch the game for the console market. Not sure what are their expectation.

Probably expecting Northgards success.
However Northgard pace and way combat works really is console friendly as accidental design perk.
12 May 2023, 16:39 PM

Yep - overwhelming feeling I had while filling out the form was: Relic senior management have started internally asking the questions along the path to ending support for the game and moving on.
13 May 2023, 05:31 AM

Yep - overwhelming feeling I had while filling out the form was: Relic senior management have started internally asking the questions along the path to ending support for the game and moving on.

I doubt it. Who is ever going to buy another Relic game? I sure as hell wont. They have to rework themselves first and prove they can still be considered a good studio by fixing COH3.
13 May 2023, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2023, 14:31 PMKatitof

Literally no target audience here, mate.

However, we should consider walking a mile in Relics shoes to understand them better.

you made me laugh while looking up well played sir :D

well I guess we can only hope that they"ll keep on with the game...
13 May 2023, 19:28 PM

:D

Its a crazy, reality denying narrative for sure. I don't envy the kids going through college/university at the moment. That's where it seems to be the most fervent, almost like a religion.

I agree. I thought it was bad when I went to college 40 years ago, but that was nothing in comparison to today. It's especially disturbing when you consider that the groundbreaking "research" that went into all of the sexual identity theory was done by someone named John Money and his work is accepted as gospel by the left, even though two of his research subjects committed suicide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
13 May 2023, 23:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2023, 18:07 PMEsxile

No rts, true... but they did release Space Marine which was an over the shoulder action game but ran quite well on ps3/360
15 May 2023, 10:43 AM

you made me laugh while looking up well played sir :D

well I guess we can only hope that they"ll keep on with the game...

delete pls
15 May 2023, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2023, 19:28 PMGrumpy

I agree. I thought it was bad when I went to college 40 years ago, but that was nothing in comparison to today. It's especially disturbing when you consider that the groundbreaking "research" that went into all of the sexual identity theory was done by someone named John Money and his work is accepted as gospel by the left, even though two of his research subjects committed suicide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

I am not a fan of many of today's queer feminist movements, but that is quite abbreviated and does not do justice to the complexity of the subject matter.
15 May 2023, 16:21 PM
Senior Editor Badge

From Relic:

I wanted to clarify a couple things about this survey. This will be the first of many over the coming years. So a lot of the questions in it are essentially baseline questions for us to track how answers, sentiment or requests shift over time. I've raised the issue of some of the survey logic blocking people (Ex: "I didn't play campaign - so I can't answer questions about it"), so I'm hoping that gets fixed down the line. Our team is very aware of what the top community priorities and requests are right now, and much of what we're working on is aligned with that. Surveys are another tool in our toolbelt to reach a wider audience that does not engage on our community platforms to help validate what we already know and are working on. This survey is not a "hey, what should we do now?" This is more about tracking sentiment and requests over the long term (6 months, 1-year, 2-years, 3-years, etc.) and seeing how those trends change or shift. Hope that helps answer any concerns or questions. :)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment