Login

russian armor

the negative user reviews are deserved

1 Apr 2023, 10:26 AM

This thread rightfully died as the copium ran out and the state of the game was no longer ignorable.

I'm not changing my review yet, and In fact I haven't even felt like playing the game for weeks now.

That's how far I've come, as someone who preordered the game, and even defended the state of the game & graphics from my friends during the multiplayer alpha.

How is everyone else feeling at this point?

1 Apr 2023, 12:56 PM

A little bit disappointed that after a month from the release of the game and the first major patch introduces the store, which was expected, but doesn't fix or improve any of the major issues that were reported and complained about since perhaps even some of the testing phases of the game.

It's like there is a strict pipeline set in place for updates that is so rigid and inflexible which will hurt the game in the long run in my opinion.
1 Apr 2023, 13:20 PM

To add to injury, the entire narrative of "coh-devlopment" was such a kick to the gut post release. All of their promotional work was misleading, saying that there was any sort of actual community input & engagment.
Clearly shit was only changed if hell broke loose (They really worked hard to still make a UI which is less functional than coh2, we have a tac. pause button in MP for some reason but no surrender button).

Witnessing the little amounts of actual play testing, and then seeing many of in the only MP play test observed bugs and issues still persisting, is insulting. Furthermore all the errors of coh2 were redone in coh3, with things such as broken call-ins with minimal cooldowns which leads in some cases to skipping entire tech trees.

The defence of "oh yeah they were working on good SP experience for launch" is such a cop-out answer. The SP content was and still is majorly scuffed and relic clearly has their priorities on making a quick buck for their coporate overlords. Judging by the 60€ price tag for a bare bones early access experience, and the incoporation of bad faith MTX this early.
1 Apr 2023, 13:59 PM

The defence of "oh yeah they were working on good SP experience for launch" is such a cop-out answer. The SP content was and still is majorly scuffed and relic clearly has their priorities on making a quick buck for their coporate overlords.

Yeah kekw if that was their goal they failed at that one too.
1 Apr 2023, 14:04 PM

It's like there is a strict pipeline set in place for updates that is so rigid and inflexible

I think that's the case yes
1 Apr 2023, 16:58 PM

I personally would like to see a few things before I am happy with the games release. Personal things that I am sure will NEVER get done.

But to answer the question you only need one metric: Is Relic full brain dead monkey scuffing retards?

The game has been out for over a month and I have yet to even "SEE" the stats screens. Never seen them.

If I had paid for this heaping pile of trash, I would have refunded immediately. The ONLY reason to play skirmish is for the stats screen.

I dont know how anyone at Relic is this retarded. Why would anyone ever tie a menu screen to something like the game host or the AI? Who is that scuffing dumb? I can't even begin to conceive how they have jobs. I would have fired everyone 2 weeks before release and fixed it myself.

This is beyond the dumbest thing I have ever seen done by humans. And this includes drunken tards trying to de-ball themselves on YouTube. At least they had a conceivable goal. What was Relics goal? To kill their own IP and lose all of their jobs? To create the WORST scuffing game ever made?

The fact this is still broken but they added an in-game store = YES, all of the garbage reviews are deserved. No one should buy this game and all of you should get your money back.

I hate to say it but they deserve to just close their doors at this point. We will all lose the games we love but it has to be done for humanities sake at this point.

EDIT:
This level of incompetence absolutely cannot be tolerated or rewarded. They need to publicly fire some people or just close their doors.
1 Apr 2023, 17:52 PM

The "recent" steam reviews are dropping fast. Down to 54%.

Last three days:
21.25% positive
27.06% positive
20.45% positive

I am too dumb to understand this phenomena. Where is Katitof to explain to me that this is normal for all game releases and is not indicative of a game company about to close its doors forever.

Relic you are the absolute worst piece of dog squeeze ever. A list of your accomplishments:
- Weakened/Destroyed the Coh2 and Coh3 communities.
- Driven off top streamers.
- Obliterated future player growth.
- Hired people from the community, destroyed their dreams.
- Driven off community members who had helped you all thru Coh2.

There were a lot of Coh2 mappers getting their feet wet at the end of Coh2. I was really looking forward to seeing them grow and make maps in Coh3. Most are gone now. And at the rate Coh3 is going, the remaining mappers may never get a chance to get a map in the game.

I stand by my statement, the next patch is everything. You guys have two strikes: garbage release state and in-game money grab.

The Relic situation, to me, went from "watching a down syndrome child trying to do algebra" to "I am watching a hotel burn down filled with the people I love". I was rooting for them and now just want to save as many people as I can knowing the whole place is going up in flames.
1 Apr 2023, 19:27 PM

Sad to see the once almighty Relic and the greatest RTS of alltime saga go down this way
2 Apr 2023, 04:50 AM

Here are some lines from Steam reviews I find entertaining:
"JUST GET SOMETHING RIGHT PLEASE RELIC"
"Thanks Sega, you really f#cked up this time."
"I feel like I've been lied to and robbed purchasing this game."
"Well that kills a lot of good will towards the game and potential customers. It is not okay and we should expect the developers to do better."
"While you will be gaining short term profits from your micro transactions you have done long term damage to a loved franchise."
"The latest update basically ♥♥♥♥ on anyone that had good faith on the development team to fix any major issues and introduced the worst monitisation system for any casual or fan."
"Burn the place down. Coh is dead. Relic is dead. I'm heartbroken."
"I have no more hope for them."
"Game seems half baked and they dare to sell it for 60€. Now they offer in-game payments to milk this cash cow even further. Unbelievable."
"My verdict- do not buy. The game can share the fate of DoW3 in upcoming months."

Did I have to scour the reviews to get these ... no, these are just from today alone.

Where have I heard all of these statements before?

It is heart breaking hearing people say I love the series and pre-ordered the deluxe edition and it sucks ass I wish I could refund it.
2 Apr 2023, 05:00 AM

Did they do anything with the extra time when it was delayed? Like they shoulda delayed it til this summer, based on how the game progressed from previews to final relesse

The foundation is actually rly good imo, and 4 factions at launch is awesome. But so many little things that are annoying, and it feels like balance lessons from coh2 were not learned at all
2 Apr 2023, 11:35 AM

Sad how Relic just can`t get anything done right. Now we have a very disappointing COH3 and a boring COH2 that will not get any new balance changes and maps and therefore slowly lose players.

As I said numerous times. COH3 just makes me feel like the majority of Relic devs are lazy and don`t love the COH-franchise as well as WW2. There is simply no passion. No attention to detail. Everything is done in a half-hearted manner and the outsourced stuff like the artwork seems low-budget (to put it VERY mildly).

Are you that short on cash Sega/Relic? Can`t you hire someone to get better looking icons? Or do you think faction icons that can be reproduced in MS Paint in 5 minutes are really cutting it for a 60 USD AAA title in 2023?

The skins are an absolute joke as well. You are selling Winter Tundra skins for a lot of money even though the skins are based on free procedural textures.

So glad I decided not to buy this after the multiplayer test. I would have loved to support you and buy COH3 but if you can`t offer a decent product I can`t justify handing over cash to you.
2 Apr 2023, 12:40 PM

Are you that short on cash Sega/Relic?

The fact that there is only english voice-over now as well as the dozen other hints should have made it absolutely clear to you by now that Relic is -in fact- not raking in millions of dollars that they can spend however they want, so why keep asking like this?

Releasing the store in the game's current state is indeed a terrible blow to Relic's reputation, but at least there is no outrageous pay2win desaster like in CoH2.
Yes, the skins apart from the highlight 1000 merit ones are terribad rip-off deals but nobody forces you to buy them.
2 Apr 2023, 14:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes, the skins apart from the highlight 1000 merit ones are terribad rip-off deals but nobody forces you to buy them.

It's not about the current state of the store, it's about the store setup and pricing showing that monetization in CoH3 will be very, very aggressive. This includes skins for now, but will surely extend to battlegroups and factions down the line as well.
2 Apr 2023, 14:22 PM

It's not about the current state of the store, it's about the store setup and pricing showing that monetization in CoH3 will be very, very aggressive. This includes skins for now, but will surely extend to battlegroups and factions down the line as well.

Not necessarily. It's a pretty random example I know, but in another, popular game I play called "Dead by Daylight", a premium cosmetic skin for one character costs 11€ on average while a new chapter -which includes two new playable characters and 6 new playable perks- costs 7€

Wait for the new CoH3 battlegroups and see how much they cost, and then let's complain afterwards if it's a rip-off
2 Apr 2023, 15:34 PM

Wait for the new CoH3 battlegroups and see how much they cost, and then let's complain afterwards if it's a rip-off

The cohmmunity hoping Aerafield is correct in saying Coh3 will still be around by the time Relic can roll out battlegroups.
2 Apr 2023, 15:43 PM

The cohmmunity hoping Aerafield is correct in saying Coh3 will still be around by the time Relic can roll out battlegroups.

The sad part is that first impressions are everything. Apparently Battlefield 2042 is actually in reasonably polished state by now, but my first thoughts whenever someone brings the game up is: "it's a shit game". Same thing for Cyberpunk. The way they released those games have become a black mark upon their names that really haven't ever gone away for me.

I'm very glad that CoH3 didn't release in a completely shit state, but the initial reception of this game will turn away players for a long time to come, I think. Relic really needs to muscle through the negative reception and come out on top of it, and make CoH 3 the game it should have been from the start. If they drop CoH 3, then I don't think anyone is going to have any modicum of confidence in Relic in the future.

I deeply, deeply, want to like CoH 3. But I won't lie to myself and make excuses for Relic. That's all there is to it.
2 Apr 2023, 17:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not necessarily. It's a pretty random example I know, but in another, popular game I play called "Dead by Daylight", a premium cosmetic skin for one character costs 11€ on average while a new chapter -which includes two new playable characters and 6 new playable perks- costs 7€

What you describe is really an exception. Most games shit their games with MTX. I don't see why I should pretend Relic would be the rare exception, given that everything - releasing a half finished game, prioritizing store over game fixes, fake currencies, token freemium model, similar behaviour in CoH2, even the publisher being SEGA - that they did so far points towards heavy monetization. There is no reason to give Relic the benefit of the doubt.
2 Apr 2023, 20:05 PM

Shirley the next bad step that will happen is not releasing giga op commanders that will be untouched for 1 month :foreveralone:
3 Apr 2023, 01:33 AM

What you are comparing seems to be one optional cosmetic piece vs paid DLC. Paid DLC will always cost less, while optional cosmetics more.

Though there are plenty of better examples of developers not fucking over base game/F2P audience with new gameplay content. For example, BF42 new heroes, weapons and vehicles. All you have to do is play the game, you aren't even asked to choose whether you want to spend your currency on a new hero, or upgrade something.

There have been plenty of fair updates (new content) that have been either completely free, or unlocked swiftly doing challenges. The only concern is that this isn't some altruistic charity, but the free gameplay content is the form of engagement, and the revenue is expected to come from cosmetics. If you aren't getting the revenue on skins, then you have to pivot and monetize it somehow...

It is Total Warhammer business model. Sure, it costs a lot to get a new army relative to the base-game price, but it is a fair deal. I would say CoH3 can charge $15 for the new faction, and $5 for the 4th+ new battlegroups (provided there is a F2P path that takes a month of grind to get it)
3 Apr 2023, 14:39 PM
Patrion 310

That's how far I've come, as someone who preordered the game, and even defended the state of the game & graphics from my friends during the multiplayer alpha.

How is everyone else feeling at this point?

Admitting to mistakes is not a sign of weakness but a sign of integrity & humbling yourself.

The CoH/WW2 community deserves better.
We should never accept abuse and unfairness as commonplace.

Complacent fans are like the frog in boiling water;

The first step to breaking abusive relationships is this;

Example of total cowardice and modern-day praetorian guard protecting the robber barons;

Personally, I have a lot to say about abusive relationships with shady corporations such as Sega (and beyond that).
But this shitshow is not just about me. It's about people making their own experiences and ideally gain the wisdom required to brake abusive relationships.

May the force be with you (bifurcation);

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS