Login

russian armor

Jaegers

9 Mar 2023, 04:32 AM

The Jaeger Light Winfantry are back and better than ever now with shrecks!

Anyone worked a reasonable counter? My mad-minute US Sniper hit a mine, so that sucked, but maybe that OP unit is workable, any other ideas?
9 Mar 2023, 05:08 AM

Riflemen honestly work fine, you should have more infantry than him in total if he's spamming jaegers and they should hold you out until 76mm sherman spam. Mixing a sniper in can work well too, provided you don't hit a mine with it. Just make sure to always have other things moving in front of it. I've been having a lot of fun with USF lately since the patch
9 Mar 2023, 06:13 AM

Yeah the counter is a nerf, need one asap
9 Mar 2023, 10:37 AM

Volkshrek blobs 2: The shrekkening
9 Mar 2023, 13:58 PM

Riflemen honestly work fine, you should have more infantry than him in total if he's spamming jaegers and they should hold you out until 76mm sherman spam. Mixing a sniper in can work well too, provided you don't hit a mine with it. Just make sure to always have other things moving in front of it. I've been having a lot of fun with USF lately since the patch

Jäger Schreck blob when a lone Sherman wanders off into their territory: (͡• ͜໒ ͡• )
9 Mar 2023, 19:44 PM

You just have to realize that you can't count on armor to bounce shreks at all. For US you just screen your tanks with Infantry while popping HE shells and get cheeky wipes until they run out of Munis to spam shreks. Brits can out-infantry spam and have more LMG options to just laser them long range. Either way Jaeger blobs are lame as fuck.
12 Mar 2023, 08:46 AM

You just have to realize that you can't count on armor to bounce shreks at all. For US you just screen your tanks with Infantry while popping HE shells and get cheeky wipes until they run out of Munis to spam shreks. Brits can out-infantry spam and have more LMG options to just laser them long range. Either way Jaeger blobs are lame as fuck.

I think the Shrecks literally have 300 pen at the moment so it's like... 3 times the armour of a Sherman.
12 Mar 2023, 09:12 AM

I think the Shrecks literally have 300 pen at the moment so it's like... 3 times the armour of a Sherman.

You're thinking wrong, I've seen them bounce shermans.
They have 130 pen at long range.
12 Mar 2023, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2023, 09:12 AMKatitof

You're thinking wrong, I've seen them bounce shermans.
They have 130 pen at long range.

300 close, 130 long?

I found the bouncing to be extraordinarily rare.
12 Mar 2023, 12:22 PM

Jagers might be a bit overtuned right now, but sadly, they are the only decent "Elite infantry" that Wher has, Grenadiers don't scale well into late game and the other "Elites" are underperforming for their cost. If they nerf them they need ot buff some other infantry or make the Grenadier refit ability more affordable.
12 Mar 2023, 13:13 PM

300 close, 130 long?

I found the bouncing to be extraordinarily rare.

There is no reason to ever get close to AT squad, that 300 close is irrelevant unless you are ambushed.
12 Mar 2023, 18:04 PM

Jagers might be a bit overtuned right now, but sadly, they are the only decent "Elite infantry" that Wher has, Grenadiers don't scale well into late game and the other "Elites" are underperforming for their cost. If they nerf them they need ot buff some other infantry or make the Grenadier refit ability more affordable.

It's an odd one the more I think about it. I feel the Wehr need to crutch on them to push back the Quad.50/Stuart since the Marder isn't playable. Maybe the StuG's mounted 42 needs to be better as well. Wehr players aren't really incentized to use the other options like Falls.
12 Mar 2023, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2023, 13:13 PMKatitof

There is no reason to ever get close to AT squad, that 300 close is irrelevant unless you are ambushed.

I think you'll agree tho that for 20 years now the Shrek outclasses the Zook in every respect and there's no requirement lol.
12 Mar 2023, 18:08 PM

I think you'll agree tho that for 20 years now the Shrek outclasses the Zook in every respect and there's no requirement lol.

Still, close range penetration is irrelevant.
The fact that weapon is on a 5 man, high AI dps easily sustainable and spammable squad is the problem.
They are only slightly weaker then pre-nerf BOYS spams.
13 Mar 2023, 01:13 AM

Jager's shreks do not reliably penetrate Sherman front armor. In this replay I bounced 3-4 frontal Shrek shots at a Sherman. [replay]https://cohdb.com/replays/19/download[/replay]

I only got any damage on it when I hit the side.
13 Mar 2023, 03:01 AM

without a doubt a nerf is require, its just basically boys at but german. If the fan boys are fighting tooth and nail to keep it that should be the fist indicator that your are correct in the nerf.
13 Mar 2023, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2023, 18:08 PMKatitof

Still, close range penetration is irrelevant.
The fact that weapon is on a 5 man, high AI dps easily sustainable and spammable squad is the problem.
They are only slightly weaker then pre-nerf BOYS spams.

I agree, I could see them getting a cost decrease and losing a model, as at 5 men their infantry fighting capability remains decent even with the Shrek upgrade. I definitely encountered the shrek bouncing off that Sherman front armor (4 in a row :( proof in the replay I posted) at range. The AT is not as super powered as some are claiming.
13 Mar 2023, 21:26 PM

The Schreck has too much accuracy even at long range. That needs to be cut down significantly.

However we have to also accept that Jäger spam is a result of the other Wehrmacht roster not working, specifically trash Grens and the alternative building (the one with PGs and the Nebelwerfer) not performing.
14 Mar 2023, 00:47 AM

I'm all for some unit getting the shrek, but if they upgrade it they should lose a model on the unit to balance it out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight