Login

russian armor

Does anyone use Incendiary Explosive Round on LVs?

7 Nov 2022, 17:38 PM

I just saw on the CoH2 ability guide that IER actually deals 50 damage to light vehicles (if it penetrates). Seems like a pretty miniscule amount of damage that's not even worth paying the 45 munis for. It's not even enough to bring a panzerfaust hit up to 160 damage. The only light vehicles I can see this being useful against is the M3A1, UC and WC51/M20.

So I guess it's pretty much just to help OST beat super lights in the veery veery early game? Anybody use this ability enough to confirm or deny?
7 Nov 2022, 17:44 PM

Actually, disregard the M20, because if serelia is correct and IER really only has 5 pen, then it's only got a 50% chance of dealing damage against the M20 frontally.

Really gonna have a hard time getting behind the M20 with a sniper.
7 Nov 2022, 17:51 PM

The ability is better used vs infatry than vs light vehicles...
7 Nov 2022, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2022, 17:51 PMVipper
The ability is better used vs infatry than vs light vehicles...

I know that much. I meant to ask if anyone's been using it on LVs, and was wondering if said person can share their perspective on it.
7 Nov 2022, 20:48 PM

Not worth using on any vehicle, unless you think you'll get the killshot. Anti-LV isn't it's main purpose anyway

Ost doesn't really need it for that, they can handle LVs just fine with mg42s vet 1 ability and with their longer range fausts
7 Nov 2022, 23:57 PM

I've used it a few times. LVs easily have enough HP to shrug off a normal use of the ability. Using it reveals your position instantly and slows you down iirc. It's like the UKF sniper shooting at Kubels and 222s.
8 Nov 2022, 00:38 AM

I just saw on the CoH2 ability guide that IER actually deals 50 damage to light vehicles (if it penetrates). Seems like a pretty miniscule amount of damage that's not even worth paying the 45 munis for. It's not even enough to bring a panzerfaust hit up to 160 damage. The only light vehicles I can see this being useful against is the M3A1, UC and WC51/M20.

So I guess it's pretty much just to help OST beat super lights in the veery veery early game? Anybody use this ability enough to confirm or deny?

what unit has this ability?
8 Nov 2022, 02:11 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Here's a cool video about it
8 Nov 2022, 02:19 AM

what unit has this ability?

Incendiary Explosive Round. Used by the OST sniper to stun infantry in 99.99% of its use. Apparently it deals a special 50 damage to light vehicles if it penetrates, however.

EDIT: I lied. Include finishing off 1 model squads in that 99% somewhere.
8 Nov 2022, 02:42 AM

Incendiary Explosive Round. Used by the OST sniper to stun infantry in 99.99% of its use. Apparently it deals a special 50 damage to light vehicles if it penetrates, however.

EDIT: I lied. Include finishing off 1 model squads in that 99% somewhere.

lmao i don't think anyone even knows it does damage to LVs, people rarely even use the ability on normal infantry
8 Nov 2022, 03:57 AM

lmao i don't think anyone even knows it does damage to LVs, people rarely even use the ability on normal infantry

I wouldn't say rarely. Last I heard, skilled players use IER to finish off squads at 1 model because there's an accuracy buff that makes it pretty much guaranteed to hit retreating squads.

Although I guess situations like that probably occur more rarely in higher level gameplay

Also, against a clumped up squad, it deals some respectable damage. Not just against the model that gets sniped.

8 Nov 2022, 07:37 AM

I've used it a few times. LVs easily have enough HP to shrug off a normal use of the ability. Using it reveals your position instantly and slows you down iirc. It's like the UKF sniper shooting at Kubels and 222s.

Not really, "Critical Shot" from UKF sniper will cause engine damage to light vehicles and it quite viable...
8 Nov 2022, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2022, 07:37 AMVipper

Not really, "Critical Shot" from UKF sniper will cause engine damage to light vehicles and it quite viable...

I was referring to the normal shots from the UKF Sniper. In any case, lining up a critical shot on an Axis LV usually ends up being in a situation where it's coming right at you.
8 Nov 2022, 14:17 PM

I was referring to the normal shots from the UKF Sniper. In any case, lining up a critical shot on an Axis LV usually ends up being in a situation where it's coming right at you.

Normal shot are also different since UKF sniper has 100/85/70 penetration and 60 damage and normal shots have chance for critical as far as I can remember.

Generally speaking UKF sniper has a very weird design since it can be used again micro light(and light to some extend) vehicles which are units that are considered "hard counter" to snipers.

8 Nov 2022, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2022, 14:17 PMVipper

Normal shot are also different since UKF sniper has 100/85/70 penetration and 60 damage and normal shots have chance for critical as far as I can remember.

Generally speaking UKF sniper has a very weird design since it can be used again micro light(and light to some extend) vehicles which are units that are considered "hard counter" to snipers.

A remnant of the time when UKF's only access to snares was from the sniper and the mines engineers could place.

I'm sure this poses a bit of a problem for OKW trying to counter the brit sniper though, if they can't even use le goobel.
8 Nov 2022, 14:28 PM

accidental double post
8 Nov 2022, 16:48 PM

A remnant of the time when UKF's only access to snares was from the sniper and the mines engineers could place.

I'm sure this poses a bit of a problem for OKW trying to counter the brit sniper though, if they can't even use le goobel.

And the AEC and Tulips.

The design of sniper is weird and did have a Kubel take engine damage from a UKF sniper, even had a stun on an Elefant.

OKW best counter to snipers is probably JLI.

Main point here is that UKF sniper is rather unique.
8 Nov 2022, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2022, 16:48 PMVipper

And the AEC and Tulips.

The design of sniper is weird and did have a Kubel take engine damage from a UKF sniper, even had a stun on an Elefant.

Main point here is that UKF sniper is rather unique.

UKF sniper shot stuns all tanks in the game, though people rarely go ukf sniper and even more rarely use this ability
8 Nov 2022, 19:54 PM

UKF sniper shot stuns all tanks in the game, though people rarely go ukf sniper and even more rarely use this ability

The effects of critical shot depend on vehicle type...
8 Nov 2022, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2022, 16:48 PMVipper

Having to use doctrinal units to counter vanilla units is always a treat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★