Mortar Half Track availability.

Ost 250/1 half track stock, upgradeable to 250/7
Option Distribution Votes
38%
62%
Total votes: 13
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
15 Oct 2022, 07:45 AM

With only two doctrines with the MHT, I really wish there were more options to choose from. Would be nice if all docs with HTs in came standard with the 250/1, which could be upgraded for muni into the 250/7.

Seems a pretty obvious vehicle upgrade, seen as its just a 250 with a mortar whacked in it. It has trade offs as would cost bit more munis to field, but would be great to have it avilable in the infantry of mechanised doctrines, which are under used generally.

Equally, Festung Support and Spearhead would gain access to early 250/1.

Dont know if we will see any more small patches, but I can dream :p

18 Oct 2022, 02:54 AM

With only two doctrines with the MHT, I really wish there were more options to choose from.

I'm abstaining from this one. I certainly like the idea. Mortar HT upgrade would definitely have to be gated behind tech or CP somehow seeing as the 250 isn't restricted to a CP requirement (besides the one callin with the mechanized panzergrens).

It would certainly allow the 250 to be more useful in 4v4 matches, as the 250 very quickly becomes obsolete while the mortar halftrack is pretty useful for quite some time afterwards.
18 Oct 2022, 09:47 AM

Yeah thats true, it would make the 250 scale well and so much more worthwhile investment early. I hadnt thought about the Tech/CP issue, but you are right.
18 Oct 2022, 11:10 AM

Could work,but I think it should need more higher tech request.
18 Oct 2022, 18:22 PM

250 behind BP1 and HT upgrade locked until CP2 would be fair as it would give USF/Brit time to get ready. Most aren't rushing a HT in smaller modes so CP2 would help stall them for team games. Early 250 would be rewarded with early Vet which could help HT pay for itself in smaller modes.
18 Oct 2022, 18:53 PM

250 behind BP1 and HT upgrade locked until CP2 would be fair as it would give USF/Brit time to get ready. Most aren't rushing a HT in smaller modes so CP2 would help stall them for team games. Early 250 would be rewarded with early Vet which could help HT pay for itself in smaller modes.

this would be reasonably if axis light artillery wasn't extremely cancerous to fight against as it is
19 Oct 2022, 07:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This should have been designed like this in the first place, but will likely be problematic to slap it onto current commander design since suddenly commanders get mortar or early pressure options that they otherwise should not have.
19 Oct 2022, 13:28 PM

I am 100% for this.

Such important vehicles like mortar hts should not be locked behind doctrines.
19 Oct 2022, 20:33 PM

This should have been designed like this in the first place, but will likely be problematic to slap it onto current commander design since suddenly commanders get mortar or early pressure options that they otherwise should not have.

Its certainly a point for consideration, but none of the commanders with the 250 are insanley powerful. Certainly Mechanised can be good. To be fair spotting scopes and MHT would indeed be too OP lol :P
20 Oct 2022, 15:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Its certainly a point for consideration, but none of the commanders with the 250 are insanley powerful. Certainly Mechanised can be good. To be fair spotting scopes and MHT would indeed be too OP lol :P

Spearhead and Mechanized are very strong commanders and among the best ones that Ostheer has across all modes, they are one of the most prevalent commanders in the loadout. German Infantry is also a good commander. Only Festung support is middlish in my opinion. There could be some issues with those commanders receiving more utility.

CoH2 should have more often focused on transitioning early game units into late game utility roles though, just like your suggestion. Balance team did some of that, but not all units got that treatment and many are still fairly useless later on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★