Login

russian armor

Guards vs Airborne Long Range

10 Aug 2022, 15:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What is rally? If your talking about the rally point that is only available in Airborne but not Terror Tactics. Airborne ACC vet is overall worse than the other Soviet elite units also but probably to late to address.

Good point. I somehow connect the airborne rally point with airborne Guards, probably because they have existed only in combination for a long time.
The accuracy veterancy bonus not especially bad. Guard Rifles get +30% as well. Almost every unit in the game either gets +30% or +40% in total. On a quick search, I can't find a real pattern, it is not depending on elite/non-elite nor the optimum range. However, that doesn't mean though that Airborne Guards couldn't use a +40% buff instead the +30%. Maybe that is what they are lacking.
10 Aug 2022, 15:48 PM

Good point. I somehow connect the airborne rally point with airborne Guards, probably because they have existed only in combination for a long time.
The accuracy veterancy bonus not especially bad. Guard Rifles get +30% as well. Almost every unit in the game either gets +30% or +40% in total. On a quick search, I can't find a real pattern, it is not depending on elite/non-elite nor the optimum range. However, that doesn't mean though that Airborne Guards couldn't use a +40% buff instead the +30%. Maybe that is what they are lacking.

Cons/Shocks/AssG/Commissar all get 40% which makes it fairly strange but Guards do get the best REC ACC bonus out of all of them. That leaves Airborne with the short stick as it is technically two units in one. I think the VET ACC was dropped since cloak>First strike bonus plus 40%acc could lead to some BS wipes if nades are used. However as that doesn't apply to LMG Airborne it left them in a weird spot.

As A soviet main I would like to see all Guards variants get firing positions. Could lead to some interesting performance.
10 Aug 2022, 20:22 PM

I think the VET ACC was dropped since cloak>First strike bonus plus 40%acc could lead to some BS wipes if nades are used. However as that doesn't apply to LMG Airborne it left them in a weird spot.

Gee, I sure hope that we don't have instances of this AWFUL tactic in the game, right? (Pgren camouflage x bundle grenade, fallshirmjager camouflage that also gets stronger with vet 5 & bundle grenade, commando & light gabon bomb)
11 Aug 2022, 10:22 AM

Cons/Shocks/AssG/Commissar all get 40% which makes it fairly strange but Guards do get the best REC ACC bonus out of all of them. That leaves Airborne with the short stick as it is technically two units in one. I think the VET ACC was dropped since cloak>First strike bonus plus 40%acc could lead to some BS wipes if nades are used. However as that doesn't apply to LMG Airborne it left them in a weird spot.

As A soviet main I would like to see all Guards variants get firing positions. Could lead to some interesting performance.

Vet abilities (and bonuses) should be designed around specific units and their role.

Firing position for Thompson/PPsh guards would be a bad design so I see no real reason for such a change.
11 Aug 2022, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2022, 10:22 AMVipper

Vet abilities (and bonuses) should be designed around specific units and their role.

Firing position for Thompson/PPsh guards would be a bad design so I see no real reason for such a change.

A cloaked PPSH Guard hiding with firing positions active and on hold fire would work fairly well together for a trap. The acc bonus plus cooldown bonus would make it like a budget tactical advance.

For Zooks it wouldn’t be to bad as you would reload even faster right?

For Thompsons it would be fairly useless outside of forcing units out of garrisons using nade and then firing positions to put DPS them or holding onto a point. However if they pick up an LMG in the empty slot instantly becomes a zone of death.
11 Aug 2022, 11:47 AM

A cloaked PPSH Guard hiding with firing positions active and on hold fire would work fairly well together for a trap. The acc bonus plus cooldown bonus would make it like a budget tactical advance.

Allowing both first strike and firing position would simply be too much especially for a no cost combo.

For Zooks it wouldn’t be to bad as you would reload even faster right?

No, bazookas use reload not CD.

"Name: "Firing Positions"
Duration: Toggle Ability
Cost: Free
-25% weapon cooldown.
+2.5 range.
Squad can't move."

For Thompsons it would be fairly useless outside of forcing units out of garrisons using nade and then firing positions to put DPS them or holding onto a point. However if they pick up an LMG in the empty slot instantly becomes a zone of death.

Generally speaking there is little reason to give firing position to all Guard variant.
9 Oct 2022, 23:45 PM

I would assume using green cover allows the fight to take longer so that RNG can smooth out compared to testing several light cover battles were a lot of the fight depends on if Guards get favorable RNG with PTRS.

Late to the party here but just wanted to say that your logic is somewhat flawed with this. You're correct in that it would normally cause the fight rng to even out but because of the bugged behavior of the PTRS you're really just allowing for a longer window of the PTRS being able to get a good rng roll and affecting the battle because the guards are getting the full cover bonus while the obers are taking full damage from the PTRS. From what I understand, the PTRS is no slouch when it comes to damage too.
10 Oct 2022, 14:24 PM

So why don´t someone test guards and obers in yellow and no cover and post a video?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★