Login

russian armor

Isn't the UKF Commando's camouflage ability a bit excessive?

4 Aug 2022, 11:13 AM

Ost already has a simaler feuture on all their vehicles just for a tiny amount of muni in a lot of doctrines. Saving many vehicles from destruction.
And that okay according to most people.

Yet one unit in one doctrine on the other side that has it vet locked and is close range inf unit... and thats a problem. Because it negates the wipe chance?

The extent people go to prove something is op...

The number of times I've seen those smoke canisters save tanks in teamgames, negating the extremely bad decisions for a handful of munitions... Paired with the wonky ground targeting and general map design (elevations, etc)...
On all overall great commanders. Yeah, the commando's are the problem. A unit in a silly overnerfed faction.
4 Aug 2022, 14:30 PM

Ost already has a simaler feuture on all their vehicles just for a tiny amount of muni in a lot of doctrines. Saving many vehicles from destruction.
And that okay according to most people.

Yet one unit in one doctrine on the other side that has it vet locked and is close range inf unit... and thats a problem. Because it negates the wipe chance?

The extent people go to prove something is op...

40muni =/= 0muni
4 Aug 2022, 15:04 PM

40muni =/= 0muni

And commandos =/= tanks......
4 Aug 2022, 15:10 PM

And commandos =/= tanks......

Yeh but commandos retreating can cover a mass retreat of tank exactly the same way a tank smoke can cover the retreat of wounded soldiers
4 Aug 2022, 15:14 PM

Yeh but commandos retreating can cover a mass retreat of tank exactly the same way a tank smoke can cover the retreat of wounded soldiers

Are commandos free? Yes or no?

Does retreating a squad cost you frontline presence? Yes or no?
4 Aug 2022, 15:16 PM

Does retreating a squad cost you frontline presence? Yes or no?

It leaves you with one less squad on the frontline so you tell me.
4 Aug 2022, 15:23 PM

It leaves you with one less squad on the frontline so you tell me.

So there is a drawback to using the ability in the way u described... The reason nobody cares its free is because the squad has to go back to base...

Wait until u find out that mortar smoke is free

4 Aug 2022, 16:40 PM
Donator 33

The broken logic of this question is mind blowing. Commandos are not free, using them to cover your tanks retreat is a skill cap play. I could say something equally dumb like smoke dispensers that come in Wher docs is technically a free unlock but costs to use and coverts the tanks and any low units retreat, HOWEVER it is a GOOD PLAY made via skill cap.

As was also pointed out in this thread, ST have the same camo with an extra second to jump cover to cover so this is a bit of a comedy, or a full blown step brothers bunkbed scene. (thinking the second one)
4 Aug 2022, 20:11 PM

That's what I also believe.

Imagine putting free smoke upon retreat on, say, Obers or Falls so that you could retreat them and cover a whole tank battalion reversing.

Just imagine.

Those two units you mentioned do have smoke grenades, so yes, you could use them to cover retreats.
Even better because the blendkorpers do damage so you can't push through them, and you don't have to retreat the squad to 'use' the smoke.
4 Aug 2022, 20:38 PM

Those two units you mentioned do have smoke grenades, so yes, you could use them to cover retreats.
Even better because the blendkorpers do damage so you can't push through them, and you don't have to retreat the squad to 'use' the smoke.

True enough.

They are not free though but I get your point.
4 Aug 2022, 23:13 PM

They are not free though but I get your point.

Lmao no shit. U can also throw them... And u dont have to retreat...

Glad you're figuring it out :clap:
5 Aug 2022, 04:08 AM

the bomb not only acts as a sight blocker, but it also damages AND slows infantry, and at least the fallshirmjagers (or the obers, i am not sure), can use their lethal bundle grenade independently of the smoke, so they can land a fairly easy grenade to butcher a whole squad

the slow effect is present regardless of a squad retreating
5 Aug 2022, 09:41 AM

The retreat smoke allows Commandos with their effective camo to be used even more aggressively with reduced risk of being wiped. Thus it is an issue with the unit.

On the other hand UKF remain a badly designed faction that can be annoying playing with or against.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★