Login

russian armor

Grenadier Skin... why?

10 Jun 2022, 19:02 PM
Donator 11

Hello.

Since Day1 of CoH2 the Wehrmacht Ostheer Grenadier Skin is a mild joke on the eye, if not borderline historically questionable.

And now, I saw we have a beautiful Flecktarn skin for the Assault Grens - a sheer delight of artwork! Bravo to who ever made it.

Why, oh why would you not use this skin also for the vanilla Grens? Its been 10 years and my nerd heart is still bleeding at the yellow holy halo (?) on the Grens helmet.

Relic. (Or whoeverisinchargenow) Pls.

Am I the only one suffering? :)

Hanz
10 Jun 2022, 19:16 PM

10 Jun 2022, 20:21 PM

you are a little over 10 years late
11 Jun 2022, 10:12 AM

I actually quite like the Grenadier camo. BUT GOD I HATE ITS WINTER VERSION.
11 Jun 2022, 18:06 PM
13 Jun 2022, 19:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well, in the beginning was planned to update only new units, such as Raid Section, Luftwaffe officer and AirGuards. But we also made several other units, who didn't get original design in the first place. Thanks to Relic, all of them made it to the game (even not used Jaeger officer skin, which was designed as squad leader for jaeger command squad)

We also wanted to create special skin for UKF weapon crew, but we found proper option after deadline was reached. Grenadiers were mentioned by community too, but they were left untouched, because they have their unique model and skin.

There is no news about future patches (and i doubt there will be any tbh), but if dream for a while, i would like to give a touch to this units:
1. Soviet Comissioner (there is unused model for 1943+ soviet army officer, fits better than NKVD guy).
2. Cavrifles. Rifleman model, imho, found to be not the best choice. Engineers model with backpacks for SMG mags fits better.
3. Grenadiers. If go futher, sturmpioneers model is good choice to start (remove backpack). Winter version can be taken from Ostruppen or ostheer weapon crew.
4. UKF weapon crew, because there is none atm. British engineers model is a good candidate for it.
5. Fusiliers winter model. IIRC they use same model as summer one, i think some ostheer model will be better (because it has additional stuff on it).

All of them with new skins of course.

Bonus, there are some broken assets for german tank crew (unusable in vehicles). If repair them, they will be good option for german tank commander.
14 Jun 2022, 22:10 PM
17 Jun 2022, 15:49 PM

Well, in the beginning was planned to update only new units, such as Raid Section, Luftwaffe officer and AirGuards. But we also made several other units, who didn't get original design in the first place. Thanks to Relic, all of them made it to the game (even not used Jaeger officer skin, which was designed as squad leader for jaeger command squad)

We also wanted to create special skin for UKF weapon crew, but we found proper option after deadline was reached. Grenadiers were mentioned by community too, but they were left untouched, because they have their unique model and skin.

There is no news about future patches (and i doubt there will be any tbh), but if dream for a while, i would like to give a touch to this units:
1. Soviet Comissioner (there is unused model for 1943+ soviet army officer, fits better than NKVD guy).
2. Cavrifles. Rifleman model, imho, found to be not the best choice. Engineers model with backpacks for SMG mags fits better.
3. Grenadiers. If go futher, sturmpioneers model is good choice to start (remove backpack). Winter version can be taken from Ostruppen or ostheer weapon crew.
4. UKF weapon crew, because there is none atm. British engineers model is a good candidate for it.
5. Fusiliers winter model. IIRC they use same model as summer one, i think some ostheer model will be better (because it has additional stuff on it).

Bonus, there are some broken assets for german tank crew (unusable in vehicles). If repair them, they will be good option for german tank commander.

Good ideas all. But if there is another patch coming (99.5% sure it will not) it's all going to be number and stat changes. I doubt any work that requires original thinking and design vision could be okayed by relic at this point in coh2's life.
17 Jun 2022, 19:32 PM
Donator 11

Thank you for sharing this.
5 Jul 2022, 08:34 AM

Railway Gun Artillery victory strike should be Wehrmacht exclusive. In my opinion... I don't see why everyone gets a Wehrmacht victory strike
_________
Also, I agree Grens could use a reskin, at least for their non-winter uniforms. (maybe both?) It's awesome that the current devs are considering a reskin!
4 Nov 2022, 14:14 PM

When I see this post I cry for what could have been.

On a completely seperate note does anyone know who the handsome man in that pfp is? Asking for a friend (me).
4 Nov 2022, 14:30 PM

When I see this post I cry for what could have been.

On a completely seperate note does anyone know who the handsome man in that pfp is? Asking for a friend (me).

you cant be seriously asking that
4 Nov 2022, 14:32 PM

you cant be seriously asking that

Yes I am seriously asking that. The oldest anime I've ever watched was the original Berserk, so you're gonna have to cut me some slack here.
4 Nov 2022, 14:53 PM

Yes I am seriously asking that. The oldest anime I've ever watched was the original Berserk, so you're gonna have to cut me some slack here.

4 Nov 2022, 16:09 PM

Many thanks :wave:
4 Nov 2022, 17:56 PM

I look at this photo and think what's the problem? The Wehrmacht soldiers had a similar camouflage, until not all soldiers were equipped with them. But this is quite authentic, unlike the Soviets, in which only conscription and shock troops are close to authentic.
5 Nov 2022, 12:08 PM

5 Nov 2022, 18:01 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight