Login

russian armor

Looking for 3v3 Axis Strategy

30 May 2022, 14:28 PM

Hi guys,

I decided to give OKW a go for 3v3s. It didn't turn out as smooth going as I thought :S
Could you guys give me strong strategies for 3v3s as OKW, along with a teammate of Wehr?

I have the basic commanders + Overwatch which I bought.

I have been experimenting with Sturm Pio + 4 squads + kubel, but it seems very draining on the mp.
What build would be best against the allies as OKW?

Thanks
30 May 2022, 16:00 PM

This might sound a bit meme-ish, but it is a valid strat.

Most of 3v3 maps are rather big, so mobility is the key here. If you lose an encounter, then your units will have to sprint back across half the map spending a lot of time. So play around mobility!

Go with Overwatch for JLI or Luftwaffe for paratroopers & heavy emplacements.

kubel-kubel-kubel-upgrade for sturmpios-tech truck into mechanized - luchs + autorepairs - then it depends on the situation. I prefer to open with more infantry, but you can go MG or Raketen.

If you need a bit more firepower, go for early call-inf of JLI.
If you want to lock down a cut-off - put 20mm flak down.

Kubels do not bleed manpower, rather maneuverable, and they vet up rather fast when you use them togheter. Fisrt spread them to gain control, then bunch them up and bleed your opponents, sneak for cutoffs, outmaneuver your enemy.

3 kubels with a bit of micro can reliably kill clowncar. And if you lose them you can salvage their wrecks for a bit of fuel to speed up your LVs!

There are a lot of weaknesses like Vikkers, upgraded penals, you need to have a decent micro and so on, but it is super fun.
30 May 2022, 17:19 PM

Hi guys,

I decided to give OKW a go for 3v3s. It didn't turn out as smooth going as I thought :S
Could you guys give me strong strategies for 3v3s as OKW, along with a teammate of Wehr?

I have the basic commanders + Overwatch which I bought.

I have been experimenting with Sturm Pio + 4 squads + kubel, but it seems very draining on the mp.
What build would be best against the allies as OKW?

Thanks

It would help if we knew the skill bracket you're talking about here. Ppl entering 3v3 usually have a bit of experience with the factions already.

OKW 3v3 is harder than most ppl seem to realise. Or at least, if you don't want to use the BS/abuse stuff. And even those are exceptionally well known and notorious among Allied players.

Generally I would not build more than 4 squads in total (or 3 + kubel), which is what most ppl use unless they go JLI etc. My usual build is SP (starting unit) + 2 volks + kubel, but I can micro these very well.
30 May 2022, 21:39 PM

Try posting a match. I don't play OKW online anymore but I find Pf to be a pain in the ass to deal with.

For your build I suggest building the Kubel first to cap as much as possible quickly.

If you go with PF you have early snare for scout car/brit car. Maybe something like kubel/VG/ 2PF. Try to throw down as much sandbags as you can with volks to help out your PF until you get your G43 upgrade.
30 May 2022, 22:03 PM

I can't say from the perspective of an OKW player, but I can say from a perspective of somebody who plays against OKW.

I hate:

a) Pfussies --> excellent run'n'gun, excellent damage, excellent vision, excellent utility. Downside is that they are weak early game (before G43), but they more than make up come lategame.
b) Kubels early game on open maps with low cover (Steppes kubel is OP in 3v3).
c) Spios charging to the frontlines instead of capping point by point. Only way you can win against spios charging is by standing still and already being in cover (rifles, conscripts, ISection; Not CEngineers or REchelons -> those 2 die either way)
d) King Tiger late game with Spearhead on 90% of 3v3 maps (it's a free buff with no downsides basically)
31 May 2022, 03:27 AM

as OKW in 3v3 You had to be a welltrained for 1v1 playstyfe.
Still, here is my tips:
1/ Kubel should be "must buy" unit since 3v3 map is big, It can deal enough damage so Sturm, Volk can push in. Typical build is kubel- volk - volk - truck - mg - and so on. Also kubel - sturm - volk and fast Truck is ok.
2/ most of the time You go Medic HQ, lay it in the place where can help your teammate as well.
3/ Again Pathfinder spam. try to hold green cover as much as you can. Or calling teammate for a big attack.
4/ About Commander pick: Overwatch is must have since it can counter everything. 2nd is elite armor for middile VP meat grinder and OP 70 range view Kingtiger. the last one depend on:
+ playing with friend: If they have heavy TD, heavy tank or heavy fire support then you can pick special op and OKW tiger, flame hetzer. If they go full arty and close the pocket thing then you go Jadtiger
5/ it's ok to buy MG34. It actually can suppress Inf unlike stupid Vicker and Maxim. keep it follow Volk, fussiler or any elite A move blob.
6/ build 2 raketten and dont A move them too much. that all
31 May 2022, 10:13 AM

Most of 3v3 maps are rather big, so mobility is the key here. If you lose an encounter, then your units will have to sprint back across half the map spending a lot of time. So play around mobility!

kubel-kubel-kubel-upgrade for sturmpios-tech truck into mechanized - luchs + autorepairs - then it depends on the situation. I prefer to open with more infantry, but you can go MG or Raketen.

Kubels do not bleed manpower, rather maneuverable, and they vet up rather fast when you use them togheter. Fisrt spread them to gain control, then bunch them up and bleed your opponents, sneak for cutoffs, outmaneuver your enemy.

3 kubels with a bit of micro can reliably kill clowncar. And if you lose them you can salvage their wrecks for a bit of fuel to speed up your LVs!

There are a lot of weaknesses like Vikkers, upgraded penals, you need to have a decent micro and so on, but it is super fun.

That is very interesting! I am not sure if I have enough micro to make it work, as I feel guards / AT gun will ruin this quite quickly if they notice so many kubels haha. I do like going Luchs + Raketen.
31 May 2022, 10:20 AM

It would help if we knew the skill bracket you're talking about here. Ppl entering 3v3 usually have a bit of experience with the factions already.

OKW 3v3 is harder than most ppl seem to realise. Or at least, if you don't want to use the BS/abuse stuff. And even those are exceptionally well known and notorious among Allied players.

Generally I would not build more than 4 squads in total (or 3 + kubel), which is what most ppl use unless they go JLI etc. My usual build is SP (starting unit) + 2 volks + kubel, but I can micro these very well.

I am level 12 for Soviets and arranged allies team. Yeah, I think I will limit myself to building 3 squads with the kubel, just haven't quite found the balance myself.

Try posting a match. I don't play OKW online anymore but I find Pf to be a pain in the ass to deal with.

For your build I suggest building the Kubel first to cap as much as possible quickly.

If you go with PF you have early snare for scout car/brit car. Maybe something like kubel/VG/ 2PF. Try to throw down as much sandbags as you can with volks to help out your PF until you get your G43 upgrade.

I usually use Kubel to harass first up. Since they usually have less squads around that time to gang up on the kubel and I can get some mp drain.
I will try find a match with my mate!

I can't say from the perspective of an OKW player, but I can say from a perspective of somebody who plays against OKW.

I hate:

a) Pfussies --> excellent run'n'gun, excellent damage, excellent vision, excellent utility. Downside is that they are weak early game (before G43), but they more than make up come lategame.
b) Kubels early game on open maps with low cover (Steppes kubel is OP in 3v3).
c) Spios charging to the frontlines instead of capping point by point. Only way you can win against spios charging is by standing still and already being in cover (rifles, conscripts, ISection; Not CEngineers or REchelons -> those 2 die either way)
d) King Tiger late game with Spearhead on 90% of 3v3 maps (it's a free buff with no downsides basically)

I am not quite used to using the KT yet. Is the idea to let it sit back, while other stuff is in front so that it can shoot from the back and be more safe? I feel I have been too aggressive with it and losing it since it can't get out of trouble like other soviet heavy tanks can.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2022, 03:27 AMtheekvn
as OKW in 3v3 You had to be a welltrained for 1v1 playstyfe.
Still, here is my tips:
1/ Kubel should be "must buy" unit since 3v3 map is big, It can deal enough damage so Sturm, Volk can push in. Typical build is kubel- volk - volk - truck - mg - and so on. Also kubel - sturm - volk and fast Truck is ok.
2/ most of the time You go Medic HQ, lay it in the place where can help your teammate as well.
3/ Again Pathfinder spam. try to hold green cover as much as you can. Or calling teammate for a big attack.
4/ About Commander pick: Overwatch is must have since it can counter everything. 2nd is elite armor for middile VP meat grinder and OP 70 range view Kingtiger. the last one depend on:
+ playing with friend: If they have heavy TD, heavy tank or heavy fire support then you can pick special op and OKW tiger, flame hetzer. If they go full arty and close the pocket thing then you go Jadtiger
5/ it's ok to buy MG34. It actually can suppress Inf unlike stupid Vicker and Maxim. keep it follow Volk, fussiler or any elite A move blob.
6/ build 2 raketten and dont A move them too much. that all

Good tips, thanks!
What would be the build if I want to incorporate the sturm officer in the build? kubel, volks, Pfussies x2, then sturm officer?
31 May 2022, 13:26 PM

How you use your kubel will change depending on faction and unit. Against conscripts and rifleman since they are slower firing you can inflict some bleed. IS kind of depends since they are long range focused they can reduce some bleed while they get the universal carrier to fight back. Penals actually do quite well vs kubel due to their SVT firing a bit faster/6man and scout car will be out shortly to chase you down.

Also how would you describe your infantry play are you aggressive or passive. IF your a bit passive JLI work great since they are long range units that can do good crit damage. Your kubel and VG will help get more criticals allowing them to pay off quickly. For more aggressive play you can try VG with MP40 back up by the OPEL blitz truck. You can keep your pushes going longer while your kubel at VET1 can use detection mode to give you a heads up on where to attack/defend.
1 Jun 2022, 09:06 AM

OKW in all modes but especially 3v3 is all about Map Control and Psychological Operations.

• Don't build too many units. OKW thrives on good experience gains and manpower saving. As people said before, 3 volks + 1 kubel or TOPS 4 volks is more than enough to carry you through the entire game.
  • Try to tech quickly to Schwere truck (even if you are stalling for KT) to get Obers to replace potential Volk wipes.
  • For the love of everything, DON'T OVEREXTEND YOUR TRUCKS. Most people think that OKW Battlegroup Support is free healing and Schwere Panzer HQ is free area lockdown. Nothing could be further from the truth. They are mostly tech buildings, that if you lose you get set back A LOT. Be very careful with them. For 99% of players, building Healtruck inside base and Flaktruck a little over the base borders to cover a flank should be ENOUGH.
  • KT is way better than most people think, and definitely worth stalling for. You have raks to support you, so build two of them and supplement your army by a good antiinfantry formation (MGs, Obers, Veted Volks) and you should be good to go.
  • For newbs, Mechanized HQ -> Luchs rush is death sentence.

1 Jun 2022, 09:08 AM

Tell me you are joking dude
1 Jun 2022, 09:10 AM

How you use your kubel will change depending on faction and unit. Against conscripts and rifleman since they are slower firing you can inflict some bleed. IS kind of depends since they are long range focused they can reduce some bleed while they get the universal carrier to fight back. Penals actually do quite well vs kubel due to their SVT firing a bit faster/6man and scout car will be out shortly to chase you down.

Also how would you describe your infantry play are you aggressive or passive. IF your a bit passive JLI work great since they are long range units that can do good crit damage. Your kubel and VG will help get more criticals allowing them to pay off quickly. For more aggressive play you can try VG with MP40 back up by the OPEL blitz truck. You can keep your pushes going longer while your kubel at VET1 can use detection mode to give you a heads up on where to attack/defend.

JLI are indeed very very good.

I always think of them as Sniper for OKW and build one to have with my volks.
3 Jun 2022, 17:23 PM

I am level 12 for Soviets and arranged allies team. Yeah, I think I will limit myself to building 3 squads with the kubel, just haven't quite found the balance myself.

I don't agree with much of the content from others in this thread, as I think they're (unintentionally) setting you up to get brutally dismembered by a competent Allied player. Or worse, your entire panzerfusilier blob gone in a shotgun Katyusha/Calliope barrage.

I won't go into high skill bracket stuff as it is unlikely to make much sense at this stage. So some general pointers:

Volks are fairly rubbish infantry unless you outnumber your opponent in squads, but even then only for a short duration. They are most cost-effective being used behind sandbags and even MGs will struggle to suppress them if properly put behind heavy cover. Watch out for grenades. Generally keep enemy infantry at range, you will know when to charge, in time. Few ppl want to charge into StG volks unless they have the numbers.

Fusiliers are highly recommended by many, but the abysmal early game and weaker durability per model compared to volks (same at vet 0, easier to kill models at vet I/II, same at vet III) is understated heavily. Better offensive scaling doesn't help if you're dead before it even comes online.

Ppl don't respect your MG due to its low dps, but it will suppress. Just might take a little longer in the far distance than MG42.

My personal rule of thumb for the kubel: It never lasts as long as you need it to but it will -always- last longer than your opponent wants it to. Use its sight range to scout out MGs so you don't facecheck them with your inf.

Get used to the Battlegroup -> Flak HQ build as you'll be using it a lot. ISG smoke is invaluable and effectively free. Flak HT is very difficult to micro properly so expect to lose it a lot.

No.1 cheese you should expect are clown cars (don't have lone squads and do focus fire it). Two volks will beat a flame engineer clown car if you stay calm. Shooting it in the rear helps a lot too.

Don't place your HQs near the frontline, you're asking to lose them and the game with it. Recovery is possible but extremely hard. You'll get a feel for the right distance for each map, with time.

Generally speaking, you have an advantage at the start (Sturmpioneer) and lategame. You should expect to feel weaker in the midgame than your opponents as their LV phase is just better than yours unless you go Mech HQ. Mech HQ is a very high micro build and a vehicle loss can set you back horribly. I do not recommend early stuka except against the campiest of enemy players. Lategame is where you begin to outclass them - Obersoldaten you know very well on the receiving end. Pz IV Ausf J is a very hated med tank but expect it to get penned by shots when you need it the most to live. Panther's a Panther, but TDs are everywhere. JP4 is a very high skill threshold unit due to its tendencies to bug out when moving and general poor handling. But it is a very dangerous Medium/TD killer.

15 Jun 2022, 03:41 AM

Hey guys,

Just got a replay here if someone can shed a bit of light for me as to what I should have done differently.
This is just a random 3v3, not with my usual mates.
But I am playing as the OKW up top, and just having a very hard time to contest for that VP point.

Would love some advice if that is possible.

Thanks very much.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/110451/3v3-3okw-vs-3ukf
15 Jun 2022, 14:19 PM

Hey guys,

Just got a replay here if someone can shed a bit of light for me as to what I should have done differently.
This is just a random 3v3, not with my usual mates.
But I am playing as the OKW up top, and just having a very hard time to contest for that VP point.

Would love some advice if that is possible.

Thanks very much.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/110451/3v3-3okw-vs-3ukf

Ok, since new patch just dropped... again Relic fuek up.
You can pick Elite armor and go for 8CP Sturmtiger. auto win game =D
16 Jun 2022, 01:45 AM

Ok, since new patch just dropped... again Relic fuek up.
You can pick Elite armor and go for 8CP Sturmtiger. auto win game =D

I suck at using the sturm tiger. It seems like I can't hit anything usually when I use the rocket, the enemy usually moves away before it fires away..
Is there any tricks to using it lol.
16 Jun 2022, 04:40 AM

1. Change your steam name to Relic sucks ass.
2. Get CELO, makoCELO, or Coh2Stats desktop app.
3. Select modes 1v1 and 3v3. Use these extra map vetoes to kill the 3v3 maps that suck (most).
4. If you get a 1v1 game just drop.
5. If you get a bad matchup in 3v3 just drop.
6. Do not buy Coh3.

Your welcome.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 92
unknown 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %