Login

russian armor

Greyhound question

9 Apr 2022, 23:02 PM

Hello, I have a simple question. Is the Greyhound useless? Because it does feel like that. I can't see any situation where it is something that will give me a big advantage in said situation. Asking for both 1v1 matches and 3v3 or 4v4. I need some advice on it, or for someone to tell me to drop it because it actually is bad and its not just me
10 Apr 2022, 11:21 AM
Donator 22

I love it. In 1v1 or open 2v2 maps is super annoying. And with the canister shot threatening whipes, it is even more annoying. It needs room and time to shine in my view.
10 Apr 2022, 13:05 PM

Greyhound is 222 with enough AT power. Problem is the timelime too late and a doctrine is downgraded airbone.
10 Apr 2022, 15:43 PM

Greyhound is 222 with enough AT power

I would compare it more with the T-70.

Also I think with the Greyhound and when it's useful, it's the exact same with the Puma from Wehrmacht. If you managed to farm 4/5cps extremely fast (talking 8-9 minutes or even faster) in 1v1 and maybe 2v2, then go for it to keep up the snowballing. If your cp gain is slow or you play 3v3/4v4 then dont use it
10 Apr 2022, 21:53 PM

Greyhound abuse is a thing. Next to impossible to chase down and kill at vet III. But Tellers exist, as does the OKW Puma. Flak HT can also hurt you pretty badly if they keep their nerve.
11 Apr 2022, 12:53 PM

Huge potential for it, and I have had my fair share of losing the game because of the USF player outmicroing on me with it.

As others have said, it's a USF T70 and should be used this way. Avoid direct confrontations that may lead to snares, get close shoot canister, roll back, repair. Run around and bleed people.

Obviously, all its power is in its timing. If you get it post 12min mark it's a waste for sure.
9 Nov 2022, 01:18 AM

Greyhounds my favourite unit :p so no its not useless ;) , its window to shine (unless stomping) is small, coming out at 4 cp,s chances are they already have At fielded, meaning you need to be careful play aggressive early game and cut them off from fuel from the start, you can then abuse their lack of fuel and spam some light vehicles, but this is extremely micro taxing, for a for what it worth, (sometimes use a fighting pit to hold)

my general game plan is, rush m20 place mines, get Stuart, para drop then get the greyhound, its extremely micro intensive but fun as hell to play

if playing well and keeping shit alive, vet 3 m20's and greyhounds are lighthouses, and can be used to spot for your jackson lategame
9 Nov 2022, 14:56 PM

What Aerafield said about CPS - main weakness is Greyhond's timing if CP gain is slow. The other thing to keep in mind is you NEED to upgrade the pintle - in my experience the main gun is roughly comparable to what Stuart does to infantry. So if you are hurting for munitions and can't upgrade pintle right away then it's probably not worth it.
12 Nov 2022, 14:05 PM

Hello, I have a simple question. Is the Greyhound useless? Because it does feel like that. I can't see any situation where it is something that will give me a big advantage in said situation. Asking for both 1v1 matches and 3v3 or 4v4. I need some advice on it, or for someone to tell me to drop it because it actually is bad and its not just me

Its the strongest light vehicle in the game by far. In 1v1 it completely destroys ostheer.
Simple build to follow (in top level play there is literally only one counterplay) rifle-rifle-rifle-LT-Stuart-heal-Bars-Greyhound. All in and you basically win the game, they can only survive if they have a 2nd pak
13 Nov 2022, 23:38 PM

Yes Greyhound is completely useless. A CP4 unit (which might as well be an eternity to wait for) that isn't good a killing either infantry or vehicles. No match for a Puma. Not sure what it's supposed to do.
14 Nov 2022, 02:20 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The fact that it's 4CP makes it's viability extremely varied between game mode and even matches where the CP's tick slower or faster (depending on how much action you have.) It's balanced in a weird place for sure. I think outside of 1v1 it's pretty bad because it will usually come too late. Interesting idea though by Orangepest of getting the Stuart first and then also a Greyhound later on, I'll have to try that. I've only ever used it as a replacement to Stuart/M20/AAHT.

It has good damage but it needs munitions for the Pintle and Canister shot and the rest of the commander is very munitions heavy. In team games rushing a munitions cache is pretty nice for the commander.
14 Nov 2022, 19:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Do schreck pgrens not work? Those always felt like the real counter to greyhounds.
17 Nov 2022, 14:52 PM

Its the strongest light vehicle in the game by far. In 1v1 it completely destroys ostheer.
Simple build to follow (in top level play there is literally only one counterplay) rifle-rifle-rifle-LT-Stuart-heal-Bars-Greyhound. All in and you basically win the game, they can only survive if they have a 2nd pak

How much does it cost? 70 fuel like the Stuart I think. Well I really hope you can destroy your opponent if you invest 140 fuel while he only spend 30 on a 222. At cost of being very late on medium because once the P4 is out, you can only count on Stuart and zooks to deal with it for the time being.

---

On 2vs2 depending on the map I'll prefer to spend 70 fuel on the Greyhound than 110 on a sherman to cover the flank and harass. But you need to have at least one squad of para to plant mines around.

Sometime if I still decide to go sherman first, if I lose it I'll call a greyhound for the same purpose. Cheaper and enough effective.
21 Nov 2022, 17:33 PM

Do schreck pgrens not work? Those always felt like the real counter to greyhounds.

In the current meta you don't really have room for pgrens anymore, going 3x gren into pgren means you eschew a command squad (best inf unit you have as ostheer)

Pgrens basically havent seen any real competitive use in a good while and getting a dedicated AT squad vs 4x rifles with bars isnt optimal and kind of over time just whittles you down real fast.
25 Jan 2023, 01:31 AM

Once in awhile when I feel like doing something non-meta, I'll get them in a 4v4. If you play somewhat conservatively with them, they end up with really great vision and good AA at vet 2 or 3. I combine one with two Jacksons which makes it really difficult for armor, then once the armor is chased off, the main gun acts almost like a sniper. It's really situational and much more difficult to use against good players.
25 Jan 2023, 15:06 PM

Greyhound is a really fun unit to use in my opinion. I prefer him than Stuart or HT because he has a bit of both, he can hit 222, he's fast, he resists more than 2 antitank shots and the best, he has greater vision than both. The only problem from my point of view is that 4 CP for him to enter the game makes it a little risky to wait to do it. At this point, he already has 222 in scene or OKW HT, ideally 3CP, so he could enter the scene in a similar time to a HT for example.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★