Login

russian armor

I hope they make a Dawn of War 4

22 Mar 2022, 22:37 PM

Probably won't happen since DoW3 bled money but I really liked the Dawn of War franchise especially Dow2 retribution.

From what I understand: Games Workshop does a licensing scheme based on expected revenue. Since Dow3 flopped so hard, they probably paid more money in licensing fees than made money from selling the game.

Anyway, I hope they remake Dow2 in some way shape or form or even remake Dow1. They were both dope.
29 Mar 2022, 12:30 PM

Dawn of War 2 was a really good game. They should have continued that success with Dawn of War 3 and expanded upon Dawn of War 2 rather than try to create a hybrid between DOW1 and DOW 2 mixed in with Moba Elements.

If they really wanted to make a traditional RTS/Starcraft style type of game such as Dawn of War 1 they should have created a separate sub series for it.

This way you would have Dawn of War COH style, COH, and traditional RTS. Similar to how Age of Mythology was a sub series to Age of Empires but with a different gameplay style focusing on fantasy. This would have pleased everyone instead of having all of their fans unite in hatred over what DOW 3 was.

I doubt future Relic games will be good. All of the top tier talent that was at Relic are now in Blackbird Interactive working on Homeworld 3. Quin Duffy (created COH 2 and AOE 4) also just left Relic.
15 Apr 2022, 02:48 AM

Dawn of War 2 was a really good game. They should have continued that success with Dawn of War 3 and expanded upon Dawn of War 2 rather than try to create a hybrid between DOW1 and DOW 2 mixed in with Moba Elements.

If they really wanted to make a traditional RTS/Starcraft style type of game such as Dawn of War 1 they should have created a separate sub series for it.

This way you would have Dawn of War COH style, COH, and traditional RTS. Similar to how Age of Mythology was a sub series to Age of Empires but with a different gameplay style focusing on fantasy. This would have pleased everyone instead of having all of their fans unite in hatred over what DOW 3 was.

I doubt future Relic games will be good. All of the top tier talent that was at Relic are now in Blackbird Interactive working on Homeworld 3. Quin Duffy (created COH 2 and AOE 4) also just left Relic.

It was Segas's decision.
They saw DOTA2 was making a shit load ton of money with micro-transactions.
So they ordered for DOW3 to make all the DOTA2 players quit DOTA2 and rush to play DOW3 instead.
And give tens of thousands of billions to Sega instead!!!!

... Not only it didn't work out, but DOW fans were furious :)
1 Jun 2022, 19:45 PM
Patrion 310

I hope Relic either makes a good CoH3 game or dies trying. Sega and Microsoft funding more Relic failures are counterproductive. Both AoE and CoH are bigger than Relic.
These games will survive without a studio that exists in name only.
2 Jun 2022, 07:07 AM

I hope Relic either makes a good CoH3 game or dies trying. Sega and Microsoft funding more Relic failures are counterproductive. Both AoE and CoH are bigger than Relic.
These games will survive without a studio that exists in name only.

but no other Dev does it well.

look at any other RTS: Rock paper scissors, no including of the environment, and worst of all: lazy 1sec loop clone animations
2 Jun 2022, 15:57 PM
Senior Editor Badge

seems like they are struggling to keep players in what should've been a great game? https://steamcharts.com/app/281610#All
3 Jun 2022, 10:48 AM

seems like they are struggling to keep players in what should've been a great game? https://steamcharts.com/app/281610#All

kek indeed
7 Sep 2022, 00:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Please keep commentaries about society and religion out of this forum.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★