Login

russian armor

What really grinds your gears in CoH2?

8 Mar 2022, 15:55 PM

I've got some more:

Seeing my teammate starting with a completely offmeta approach eg. start soviets and upgrade Molotov or start USF and spam REs.

When I lose my whole army because the T command did not register.

When I press tab and t on a battlegroup and send the wrong unit to camp.

When I lose against idiotic tactics like blobbing and emplacement spamming (you can still lose to trivial tactics no matter how good you are).
8 Mar 2022, 16:04 PM

I've got some more:

Seeing my teammate starting with a completely offmeta approach eg. start soviets and upgrade Molotov or start USF and spam REs.

When I lose my whole army because the T command did not register.

When I press tab and t on a battlegroup and send the wrong unit to camp.

When I lose against idiotic tactics like blobbing and emplacement spamming (you can still lose to trivial tactics no matter how good you are).

Then tell us how you are going to attract to the game and monetize FTP RTS? The FTP model is not suitable for the strategy. The FTP model implies that for the donation you accelerate your progress. What is the progress in RTS with the base? You can count anything, but the FTP model may not attract to the game, but destroy the mechanics and gameplay. After all, all this must be reworked for the sake of monetization.
8 Mar 2022, 16:23 PM

A clear example of the fact that FTP can break the game. This is Men of War II: Arena, an FTP project of Men of War. I tested it myself and it was shit. FTP is not a panacea, it can break a game that works.

Initially, the project was announced in 2015 and was called Soldiers: Arena. On February 18, 2020, 1C Online Games, together with Best Way, announced the game by releasing a trailer with a retitled Men of War II: Arena.

On March 31, 2020, the game officially entered the closed beta testing stage. Open beta testing of the game began on July 29, 2020.

On August 10, 2021, the developers announced that they would stop developing the project. The game servers were closed on September 30 of the same year

At the same time, Men of War is still played, and online is stable at the same level.

sorry wrong topic

8 Mar 2022, 16:30 PM

That axis factions seem to attract such larp fanatics.

Luckily we don't have any here on coh2.org:thumbsup:

It's weird how in in thousands of hours played I've seen a handful of people with names such as 'Patton, Churchill' etc. Yet most team game seems to have someone with an iteration of 'SS_Wiking_6gorillion, DesertF0x, Fuhrer'.

Most of the time it's utterly harmless. But the cringe is still there, it never truly goes away:bananadance:
8 Mar 2022, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2022, 16:30 PMGrim
That axis factions seem to attract such larp fanatics.

Luckily we don't have any here on coh2.org:thumbsup:

It's weird how in in thousands of hours played I've seen a handful of people with names such as 'Patton, Churchill' etc. Yet most team game seems to have someone with an iteration of 'SS_Wiking_6gorillion, DesertF0x, Fuhrer'.

Most of the time it's utterly harmless. But the cringe is still there, it never truly goes away:bananadance:

Oh no....
8 Mar 2022, 17:52 PM

Then tell us how you are going to attract to the game and monetize FTP RTS? The FTP model is not suitable for the strategy. The FTP model implies that for the donation you accelerate your progress. What is the progress in RTS with the base? You can count anything, but the FTP model may not attract to the game, but destroy the mechanics and gameplay. After all, all this must be reworked for the sake of monetization.

CoH 2 literally already had the trappings of a successful Free-To-Play model. Literally just the exact same except you allow players to spend money for Supply or buy commanders/skins directly. And then balance the game so that it's not Pay-To-Win (i.e. you can still win with default units). Add lootcrates with rare skins, add skins for the camo on your units, knife skins. It's too easy.

It's a tall order for sure, though.

EDIT: Actually you DON'T allow players to buy commanders and skins directly. Make it so that if you buy 5 dollars worth of supply, you can buy X amount of commanders but *just* a little bit lacking to buy another. That's another dirty secret of free to play models.
8 Mar 2022, 17:59 PM

CoH 2 literally already had the trappings of a successful Free-To-Play model. Literally just the exact same except you allow players to spend money for Supply or buy commanders/skins directly. And then balance the game so that it's not Pay-To-Win (i.e. you can still win with default units). Add lootcrates with rare skins, add skins for the camo on your units, knife skins. It's too easy.

It's a tall order for sure, though.

EDIT: Actually you DON'T allow players to buy commanders and skins directly. Make it so that if you buy 5 dollars worth of supply, you can buy X amount of commanders but *just* a little bit lacking to buy another. That's another dirty secret of free to play models.

All these lootbox changes were meaningless because there was no support. And apparently Relic themselves are well aware of this, no matter how hard they try to screw the FTP mechanics, it all turns out very badly: CoH:O, lootboxes all this led to nowhere.
8 Mar 2022, 18:45 PM

Oh no....

What is your ingame name by chance XD
9 Mar 2022, 17:23 PM

What grinds my gears? Here's a couple.

Tanks spinning on the spot despite being told to reverse in a straight line.

The game engine is an unoptimised piece of sh*t. Game starts at 150fps with v-sync off and within 3 minutes with no battlefield scarring, it's down to 70fps. For the hardware we have available nowadays, it's pathetic.

The lack of maps. 3v3 and 4v4 maps are the same handful. No variation when you have a couple of vetos set for the really bad maps.
9 Mar 2022, 18:44 PM

That mortar squads just sit there and start packing up on the 10th click. MOVE IT!
10 Mar 2022, 06:38 AM

EDIT: Actually you DON'T allow players to buy commanders and skins directly. Make it so that if you buy 5 dollars worth of supply, you can buy X amount of commanders but *just* a little bit lacking to buy another. .

Yeah that would work. Relic already had the gold system in place to buy stuff. Could easily be expanded to use real money and in-game play to get gold.
10 Mar 2022, 09:01 AM

Losing really grinds my gears. Maybe it's just me.
22 Mar 2022, 09:41 AM

My stationary tanks automatically chasing down enemies on their own when I don't tell them to, if an enemy unit enters its LoS and then runs away. I *hate* that, and really demonstrates the need for a hold position function.
22 Mar 2022, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2022, 09:41 AMKothre
My stationary tanks automatically chasing down enemies on their own when I don't tell them to, if an enemy unit enters its LoS and then runs away. I *hate* that, and really demonstrates the need for a hold position function.

This happens when you tell your unit to attack another unit. After you tell the unit to attack, hit the stop button so it goes back to auto targeting.
22 Mar 2022, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2022, 09:41 AMKothre

Not really a game problem as Rosbone pointed out.

However, a "Hold Position" command a la AOE2 would be nice.
22 Mar 2022, 22:41 PM

Bad pathing on tanks and bounces on kill shots make me angry sometimes.

Hurr durr superior German armour bounced a kill shot from my vet 2 jackson.
23 Mar 2022, 12:37 PM

you intend to retreat a low health squad. right in the moment when you click on squad, that model you're clicking dies so you only click on the ground, however you already pressed the retreat key, resulting in the selected full health squad retreating and the low health squad dieing in the process
23 Mar 2022, 12:48 PM

you intend to retreat a low health squad. right in the moment when you click on squad, that model you're clicking dies so you only click on the ground, however you already pressed the retreat key, resulting in the selected full health squad retreating and the low health squad dieing in the process

Yep happened to me yesterday almost broke my fucking keyboard
23 Mar 2022, 21:22 PM

Light vehicle handle as bad or worse than tanks.
Lack of explanation of unit upgrades and VET gain.
An official sandbox to try said upgrades/VET
Lack of vehicle priority for AT infantry.
Lack of a toggle for units to keep moving until optimum damage distance. So if you have PG/Gren or Penal/Shocks they all don't stop when you see or engage an enemy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★