Login

russian armor

Why Stuart is sh*t compared to T70

11 Feb 2022, 14:31 PM

T70 can carry the whole country to win while Stuart is ... And their cost is almost the same.

A single shot from T70 scatter (too accurate while moving) can 3/4 infantry HP not to mention the wiping capability of this tank.

While infantry can stare at Stuart "zup" =D
11 Feb 2022, 14:45 PM

the Stuart costs the same as the t-70

it can start taking down models, but yeah the dps against (exposed) infantry is inferior to the t-70

unrelated, but the t-70 actually doesn't do good on the move dps, its way stronger when stationary, although it can get lucky

additionally green cover is rather really good at blocking T-70 shots, yellow cover clumps up your squad and lets it get damaged easier
11 Feb 2022, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2022, 14:45 PMKatukov
the Stuart costs the same as the t-70

it can start taking down models, but yeah the dps against (exposed) infantry is inferior to the t-70

unrelated, but the t-70 actually doesn't do good on the move dps, its way stronger when stationary, although it can get lucky

additionally green cover is rather really good at blocking T-70 shots, yellow cover clumps up your squad and lets it get damaged easier

Stuart has better AT capabilities while T70 is more for recon/AI.

Having an alive stuart later on in the game can give you vision boost, anti-dive engine damage ability and decent enough AT. It won't wipe infantry as well as the T70 does, but it's far from being a bad unit
11 Feb 2022, 15:34 PM

Stuart has better AT capabilities while T70 is more for recon/AI.

Having an alive stuart later on in the game can give you vision boost, anti-dive engine damage ability and decent enough AT. It won't wipe infantry as well as the T70 does, but it's far from being a bad unit

its not really bad, but the abilities on it are really situational IMO
11 Feb 2022, 16:40 PM

T70 is a decent piece of equipment alright. However the SOV faction depends so much upon it any decent player will expect it and prepare for it.

Everytime I face SOV my flank I immediately rush T1 and pump out 3 Paks. Almost always there will be a T70 at that point, it will get raped and the SOV player will lose his only edge.

Stuart is not so common, and can catch a lot of people off guard. For that reason alone I rate it higher than T70.

11 Feb 2022, 17:23 PM

T70 is a decent piece of equipment alright. However the SOV faction depends so much upon it any decent player will expect it and prepare for it.

Everytime I face SOV my flank I immediately rush T1 and pump out 3 Paks. Almost always there will be a T70 at that point, it will get raped and the SOV player will lose his only edge.

Stuart is not so common, and can catch a lot of people off guard. For that reason alone I rate it higher than T70.

3 paks sounds a touch too much, how are you able to win when you sink 1000ish MP into AT that early in the game?
11 Feb 2022, 17:27 PM

Stuart isn't bad per se, it simply has bad timing, and is overpriced for what it does, when it arrives. When you can make do with so many other tools until a M4 is available.

SOV is quite dependant on T70, and should have better performance compared to a stuart
11 Feb 2022, 20:01 PM

3 paks sounds a touch too much, how are you able to win when you sink 1000ish MP into AT that early in the game?

If you think it is too much you make 2.
11 Feb 2022, 20:06 PM

Stuart isn't bad per se, it simply has bad timing, and is overpriced for what it does, when it arrives. When you can make do with so many other tools until a M4 is available.

SOV is quite dependant on T70, and should have better performance compared to a stuart

I don't really think the problem with T70-Stuart is not a stats one rather than a "meta" one.

T70 is pretty much the only time slot the SOV player is expected to make meaningful contributions to his superiority. However over the years it has become so ingrained with the SOV playstyle it's now nothing more than a mere distraction in a predetermined build order.

That's why when playing Wehr/OKW you always make 2-3 ATGs when you first can.

With USF is very different. Going Stuart can actually catch someone unprepared since the norm in USF is going for Captain, pumping out maybe the AAHT and then stalling for Jackson.
12 Feb 2022, 02:50 AM

Stuart is good
13 Feb 2022, 20:57 PM

Stuart, like many USF units, is incredibly over priced as far as fuel goes. The MP cost is fine but fuel costs in general for USF are through the roof.
16 Feb 2022, 07:14 AM

When you think you have so little, go see what UKF has.

At least Stuart is better than AEC :)
16 Feb 2022, 07:44 AM

The Stuart is a pretty disappointing vehicle. Its biggest selling point is its timing compared to other light tanks, but its capabilities compared to a T-70 or Puma are pretty disappointing.

I routinely find myself with vet 2 Stuarts with only 2-3 kills, while the 222 I was supposed to be countering has 8-9 kills and better lategame utility.

Seriously, check some replays if you don't believe me and think yours do better. It can't kill infantry worth a damn. The nerf to the main gun neutered a lot of its AI capabilities and turned it into a fairly dedicated AT unit that leans heavily on its fixed abilities to be useful.
16 Feb 2022, 08:34 AM

The Stuart is a pretty disappointing vehicle. Its biggest selling point is its timing compared to other light tanks, but its capabilities compared to a T-70 or Puma are pretty disappointing.

I routinely find myself with vet 2 Stuarts with only 2-3 kills, while the 222 I was supposed to be countering has 8-9 kills and better lategame utility.

Seriously, check some replays if you don't believe me and think yours do better. It can't kill infantry worth a damn. The nerf to the main gun neutered a lot of its AI capabilities and turned it into a fairly dedicated AT unit that leans heavily on its fixed abilities to be useful.

It is a mistake to waste your fuel on this. Stuart has been garbage for years.
MMX
16 Feb 2022, 13:27 PM

Depends. At least in 1v1s the Stuart is anything but garbage and hence is picked in probably 90% of all games. It has decent enough AI to render ignoring its presense a costly mistake and, if used correctly, can even hold its ground against a Puma.
16 Feb 2022, 14:52 PM

Wrong. Lower than 4v4, Stuart can catch axis unaware because of its timing since most USF players go for captain. Then it can do game-ending damage.
24 Feb 2022, 07:40 AM

T70 can carry the whole faction. I've never seen a light armor that wipes infantry from long distance and its AOE damage surpasses any LV, especially with OKW shitty raketeen.

T70 can chase while wiping squad, Stuart is just a meme.
24 Feb 2022, 09:02 AM

T70 can carry the whole faction. I've never seen a light armor that wipes especially with OKW shitty raketeen.

T70 can chase will wiping squad, Stuart is just a meme.

Yes T-70 is OP by design and comparing another unit with an OP unit makes it look bad.

Stuart being inferior to T-70 does not mean it is bad, it work fine with the faction and see enough of action.
24 Feb 2022, 16:39 PM

T70 is OP, but Stuart is a balanced light tank.

At least USF has a light tank. Look at OST.
24 Feb 2022, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 16:39 PMLeo251
T70 is OP, but Stuart is a balanced light tank.

At least USF has a light tank. Look at OST.

I dont understand why that is an issue.
Thats the price they pay for having 2 stock heavy vehicles unlike usf and su. Ost also have good acces to strong mines and their td and at gun can snare or slow the target.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★