Login

russian armor

AFK

31 Jan 2022, 12:55 PM

Can we make the game detect AFK player so that surrender votes can go ahead when players are afk?
31 Jan 2022, 13:52 PM

no, wait until the ai drops to surrender

instead fix the surrender bug where after 20 or 25 minutes one player can force a surrender by spamming the button, or have it randomly fire
31 Jan 2022, 13:54 PM

AFK player do not drop to AI for inactivity...
31 Jan 2022, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 13:54 PMVipper
AFK player do not drop to AI for inactivity...

they usually drop after a while, either in 30 seconds or 3 minutes

if they are afk for over half a minute then just drop the game
31 Jan 2022, 14:18 PM

In you next game stay afk and see if you will drop or not.

Now pls stop disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing.
31 Jan 2022, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 14:18 PMVipper

But you can drop the game if your partner is afk.
31 Jan 2022, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 13:57 PMKatukov

I can confirm that they do not drop. Had a game, 2 months or so ago...
Whiteball. 3v3. The brit guy just went afk after 25 minutes of dominating the enemy. We were playing until minute 35 until we noticed that somehow we are getting swarmed. The non-afk ally says "this guy has been afk for the past 10 minutes, I can no longer hold my flank".
Lo an behold, all of his units and tanks, in base, afk. We played for 5 more minutes, the guy comes back and says "Sorry. I got vaccinated. The nurses came to my house"

Weirdest AFK I've had, ever. I've seen number 1's and 2's afk. I've seen guests arriving-afk. But never have I witnessed "Nurses came to give me the vaccine"-afk.

Point is, there is no automatic afk to abandon mechanic. This guy was afk for 15+ minutes.
31 Jan 2022, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 14:28 PMEsxile

Is there any relevance between what you have posted and what I have replied to?
(Which is
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 13:57 PMKatukov

)

There is no kick mechanism for afk players
31 Jan 2022, 15:10 PM

[post="883219"]
(Which is
)

Yes, if your partner is afk then just leave the game, the result will be the same. If you can process this info can't do more for you.
31 Jan 2022, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 15:10 PMEsxile
[post="883219"]
(Which is
)

Yes, if your partner is afk then just leave the game, the result will be the same. If you can process this info can't do more for you.
Do you agree that contrary to what Katukov claimed there is no afk kick mechanism or do you agree with him that there is? If it the if first I suggest you stop quoting and responding to irrelevant if it is the later I suggest you provide proof.

Now if you want to claim that there is no need for a surrender mechanism because people can quit feel free to explain why in your opinion there should not be one.

31 Jan 2022, 16:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 16:13 PMVipper

Do you agree that contrary to what Katukov claimed there is no afk kick mechanism or do you agree with him that there is? If it the if first I suggest you stop quoting and responding to irrelevant if it is the later I suggest you provide proof.

Now if you want to claim that there is no need for a surrender mechanism because people can quit feel free to explain why in your opinion there should not be one.

You're the one disagreeing with Esxile for whatever reason. He just made the point that you can drop yourself if your Ally is afk, nothing else.
31 Jan 2022, 16:28 PM

You're the one disagreeing with Esxile for whatever reason. He just made the point that you can drop yourself if your Ally is afk, nothing else.

Nope.

See post #6 he quote my response to katokuv which said that there is not auto AFK kick mechanism to say something completely different.
31 Jan 2022, 16:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 16:28 PMVipper

Nope.

See post #6 he quote my response to katokuv which said that there is not auto AFK kick mechanism to say something completely different.

I saw it. He suggested that you can drop yourself to find a new game sooner since CoH2 does not support afk recognition.
Katukov's opinion has nothing to do with Esxile's response, you're jumping to conclusions here.
31 Jan 2022, 16:36 PM

I saw it. He suggested that you can drop yourself to find a new game sooner since CoH2 does not support afk recognition.
Katukov's opinion has nothing to do with Esxile's response, you're jumping to conclusions here.

This is what I posted
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 14:18 PMVipper

to which he quoted and responded
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 14:28 PMEsxile

The response start with "but" which an indication of disagreement not agreement and the is no relevance between being able to drop and the existence of a afk kick mechanism. In sort there is no reason to quote the specific response.

Do we all agree that there is no afk kick mechanism? If yes we can move on.
31 Jan 2022, 17:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 16:36 PMVipper

He even acknowledged that by saying that an afk kick feature and dropping yourself will yield the same result.
His original post made the point that leaving yourself is already a solution to the problem. His post wouldn't make any sense otherwise. Why should you drop the game if the player would get replaced by AI anyway?
It's a bad solution for sure, but for what we have everyone can fix the problem himself by simply leaving the game. There is no need to stick to the game apart from a small amount of lost rewards. I think your suggestion would fit better to CoH3 since CoH2 will likely not see an update anymore, I hope though that they implement it along with a lot of other QoL features for multiplayer.
31 Jan 2022, 18:01 PM

He even acknowledged that by saying that an afk kick feature and dropping yourself will yield the same result.
His original post made the point that leaving yourself is already a solution to the problem. His post wouldn't make any sense otherwise. Why should you drop the game if the player would get replaced by AI anyway?
It's a bad solution for sure, but for what we have everyone can fix the problem himself by simply leaving the game. There is no need to stick to the game apart from a small amount of lost rewards. I think your suggestion would fit better to CoH3 since CoH2 will likely not see an update anymore, I hope though that they implement it along with a lot of other QoL features for multiplayer.

1) If one drop out of multiplayer game the game does not end but continues even if no active players playing, it there any reason why play should be forced to continue playing a game vs no human opponent?

2) When one drop out of game one received a penalty that make gives him lower score in disputed games, why should one be penalized for having an afk teammate especially since the afk player receives no penalties at all?

3) Is there anyone that thinks that the current system is better and that there should not be a mechanism that disregards AFK in surrenders vots?

4) Why is this thread reached 16 post already when none so far has disagreed with OP?
9 Feb 2022, 14:22 PM

the guy comes back and says "Sorry. I got vaccinated. The nurses came to my house"

China gaming
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 77
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak