Login

russian armor

Please fix the horrible matchmaking in COH3

28 Jan 2022, 22:22 PM

The COH2 match making seems to be tailor made to be as awful as possible because it matches people of similar ladder rank per team before finding opponent teams.
This is essentially a way to guarantee Elo hell for some players.

I have a main account and a smurf account for testing this. I had a good run on the smurf account for first 10 matches, my ladder rank was top 300 in one faction after 150 matches in 4v4. On my main account my ladder rank is over 2500 in the same faction.

Fixing this is simple, you match similar ladder rank per opponent, not per teammate.
29 Jan 2022, 02:02 AM
31 Jan 2022, 12:05 PM

Better yet have some way of placing people per team from a legit Elo sort of calculation based on how they do per match (how they stack up in the stats of the match).

It would also be nice to be able to opt out of playing against arranged teams, or at least make it so ladder rank is not affected at all by those matches.

Opt out would be better though since these matches are usually a much greater waste of time then waiting for a balanced match.
31 Jan 2022, 17:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2022, 22:22 PMReverb
The COH2 match making seems to be tailor made to be as awful as possible because it matches people of similar ladder rank per team before finding opponent teams.
This is essentially a way to guarantee Elo hell for some players.

I have a main account and a smurf account for testing this. I had a good run on the smurf account for first 10 matches, my ladder rank was top 300 in one faction after 150 matches in 4v4. On my main account my ladder rank is over 2500 in the same faction.

Fixing this is simple, you match similar ladder rank per opponent, not per teammate.

For the first 10 games you do not have a rank. That means you can fight vs anyone from rang 10.000 to rank 1. Elo is established after you first 10 games...
1 Feb 2022, 05:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 12:05 PMReverb

It would also be nice to be able to opt out of playing against arranged teams, or at least make it so ladder rank is not affected at all by those matches.

They need to stop throwing solo newbs against premade teams.
1 Feb 2022, 23:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2022, 17:05 PMVipper

For the first 10 games you do not have a rank. That means you can fight vs anyone from rang 10.000 to rank 1. Elo is established after you first 10 games...

Yes which can land you a ladder of 34 or 3000 (I've had both from different smurf accounts). You are able to keep high ladder rank because you get good teammates vs low ladder opponents and low ladder/constant ladder sink from poor players on your team despite the same skill level in both situations. Low ladder rank basically solidifies poor teammates and makes it impossible to climb ladder.

I do not care about ladder rank for any reason besides the fact that higher ladder players are rarely AFK or rage quit after 2 minutes (although I can't really blame that so much since poor ladder position just breeds contempt for the game. You can only handle so many games of doing 3-4x damage, kills and caps before you really start getting tired.

I know the only solution is to play 2v2 (or really 1v1) but there is no reason why 4v4 should be THIS bad.
2 Feb 2022, 03:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2022, 23:57 PMReverb

Yes which can land you a ladder of 34 or 3000 (I've had both from different smurf accounts). You are able to keep high ladder rank because you get good teammates vs low ladder opponents and low ladder/constant ladder sink from poor players on your team despite the same skill level in both situations. Low ladder rank basically solidifies poor teammates and makes it impossible to climb ladder.

I do not care about ladder rank for any reason besides the fact that higher ladder players are rarely AFK or rage quit after 2 minutes (although I can't really blame that so much since poor ladder position just breeds contempt for the game. You can only handle so many games of doing 3-4x damage, kills and caps before you really start getting tired.

I know the only solution is to play 2v2 (or really 1v1) but there is no reason why 4v4 should be THIS bad.

Did I write this? Sounds like a Rosbone smurf account :thumbsup:

Basically it comes down to Relic being greedy. Their servers suck all the ass. Other game servers would like to suck ass too, but Relic hogs it all.
11 Feb 2022, 15:51 PM

relic where's your dev post about how you will fix your toxic mm in coh3?
1 Mar 2022, 14:44 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

relic where's your dev post about how you will fix your toxic mm in coh3?

Relic talk about MM in this devblog:
Matchmaking

This is one of the more critical components of the multiplayer experience. For players to have fun, we need to get them into matches quickly and with similarly skilled players. Those two key features are ones we have already been hard at work on improving over our past titles in the franchise. When we match players in a queue for CoH 3, we plan to do so based on several factors: the mode selected, region, skill score, latency and also player reputation score.

Out of those matchmaking factors, player skill score is one of the more important ones in ensuring matches are fun for all participants. Currently we’re looking at how that skill score is determined, how it is calculated in different modes and playlists, and how it impacts matchmaking.

Leaderboards and ranks are also an important piece of that puzzle. What good is a fancy score if you can’t show it off? Additionally, we’re also exploring a secondary, seasonal rank. This obviously draws a lot of inspiration from other modern competitive games. We won't necessarily use these titles, but think along the lines of Bronze, Silver, Gold – Division 1-3, etc. These would reset on a regular cadence, with players then engaging in placement matches to get an initial rank for the season and then fight their way to the top.

cf. https://www.coh2.org/topic/109776/relic-devblog-23-multiplayer-vision
1 Mar 2022, 15:12 PM

Relic talk about MM in this devblog:

cf. https://www.coh2.org/topic/109776/relic-devblog-23-multiplayer-vision

Thanks, it's a little light on detail.

Relic needs to embrace modern standards, where premades aren't placed against random individuals no matter what the gamemode. It'll get way worse in unranked, when you have premade teams and smurfs stomping the casuals.
Haven't they learned from games like swtor?

We need to see how Relic is going above and beyond to both protect the playerbase and provide competitive games for individuals and teams.
1 Mar 2022, 17:42 PM

Additionally, we’re also exploring a secondary, seasonal rank . This obviously draws a lot of inspiration from other modern competitive games. We won't necessarily use these titles, but think along the lines of Bronze, Silver, Gold – Division 1-3, etc. These would reset on a regular cadence, with players then engaging in placement matches to get an initial rank for the season and then fight their way to the top.

PLS let it be true it would solve all problems plz let it be true.
2 Mar 2022, 08:11 AM

A free-to-play multiplayer module would be amazing too.
2 Mar 2022, 17:09 PM

A free-to-play multiplayer module would be amazing too.

Oh hell, no
3 Mar 2022, 12:02 PM

Yeah, it would bring players in to improve mm accuracy.
With better community management and improved player interaction, would lead to a diverse pool of people to match.

A lot depends on the fixes and design changes they're doing for coh3. But more players would be a good thing
3 Mar 2022, 15:56 PM

You do not get worse matchups than your opponents of similar skill all the time.
Stop coping.
3 Mar 2022, 16:30 PM

Oh hell, no

The only way to stay competitive in 2022 strategy genre is F2P multiplayer.

Making people pay 60$ for the game is horribly outdated.
3 Mar 2022, 22:06 PM

The only way to stay competitive in 2022 strategy genre is F2P multiplayer.

Making people pay 60$ for the game is horribly outdated.

Why even buy it in the first place then?

F2p means p2w with many micro transaction.

That would be the worst. COHO was a very good example. Unbalanced peace of crap
4 Mar 2022, 05:05 AM

You do not get worse matchups than your opponents of similar skill all the time.
Stop coping.

Fuck off.

This is about game pop and health.
4 Mar 2022, 12:33 PM

Why even buy it in the first place then?

F2p means p2w with many micro transaction.

That would be the worst. COHO was a very good example. Unbalanced peace of crap

LOL and DOTA2 are the main "competitors" of COH in the strategy genre. They are completely free and not p2w. You pay to have better skins, and trade them.

CSGO even went f2p, for the same reasons.

It's just a way better business model. I guarantee you if COH3 MP is not free to play, the playerbase will sink right down after the first weeks.
23 Mar 2022, 12:03 PM

I guarantee you if COH3 MP is not free to play, the playerbase will sink right down after the first weeks.

This is ever ygame these days!
NEW GAMES SUCK.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight