Login

russian armor

Coh 2 game director Quinn Duffy left relic

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
25 Dec 2021, 07:12 AM

Telling the truth about totalitarian mass murderer regimes is not racism.

You know, the Allies weren't perfect and did a lot of shit, but not a word about it. Germany with its policy of extermination and slavery? Not a word about it. Oh ... we are doing the part about Ivans, let's completely fill it with shit, because about Ivans you can, the rest cannot.
25 Dec 2021, 13:32 PM

virgin coh2.org community vs the chad Goldenpunch for exposing real history.

Many thanks mate, you have made my christmas. Let the cucks cope.
26 Dec 2021, 02:21 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Nobody is saying Stalin was an angel or that he didn't commit crimes against humanity. That's not what's being discussed.

However, depicting the brave men and women of the Red Army as spineless cowards who are unwilling to fight for their homes and families without being forced at gunpoint and reinforcing negative stereotypes already disproved by reputable academic research is racist, just like how saying the French Army is made of defeatist surrender monkeys is also racist.

The true terror of these totalitarian mass murderer regimes that deserves criticism lies in the political purges or the famines, not the way they defended themselves against a ruthless enemy who sought to wage a racial war of annihilation.

Where is the truth about the Nazi regime in the game? One at least as evil as, if not worse than, the Soviet Union? A mere footnote in the campaign. The campaign narrative that Quinn Duffy made doesn't try to criticize totalitarian regimes, it only seeks to criticize the Russian one, and disingenuously at that.

CoH3 will be far better off without his politics involved.

EDIT: Honorable mention of 'truth':
"One Russian carries the gun, the other the ammo"
26 Dec 2021, 03:21 AM

coh2.org moderation moment when they allow nazi sympathizers but ban people who mocked the said people
26 Dec 2021, 06:25 AM

virgin coh2.org community vs the chad Goldenpunch for exposing real history.

Many thanks mate, you have made my christmas. Let the cucks cope.

Found the 15 year old who just discovered 4chan.
26 Dec 2021, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2021, 02:21 AMKasarov

Nobody is saying Stalin was an angel or that he didn't commit crimes against humanity. That's not what's being discussed.

However, depicting the brave men and women of the Red Army as spineless cowards who are unwilling to fight for their homes and families without being forced at gunpoint and reinforcing negative stereotypes already disproved by reputable academic research is racist, just like how saying the French Army is made of defeatist surrender monkeys is also racist.

The true terror of these totalitarian mass murderer regimes that deserves criticism lies in the political purges or the famines, not the way they defended themselves against a ruthless enemy who sought to wage a racial war of annihilation.

Where is the truth about the Nazi regime in the game? One at least as evil as, if not worse than, the Soviet Union? A mere footnote in the campaign. The campaign narrative that Quinn Duffy made doesn't try to criticize totalitarian regimes, it only seeks to criticize the Russian one, and disingenuously at that.

CoH3 will be far better off without his politics involved.

EDIT: Honorable mention of 'truth':
"One Russian carries the gun, the other the ammo"

Can the CoH1 German single company be considered then as justification the myth of a clean Wehrmacht? If there is no mention of politics or war crimes, but the second part is one huge "Enemy at the Gate" propaganda?
26 Dec 2021, 10:25 AM
26 Dec 2021, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2021, 02:21 AMKasarov

However, depicting the brave men and women of the Red Army as spineless cowards who are unwilling to fight for their homes and families without being forced at gunpoint...

Can you please specify which in which part of the game in your opinion the red army is depicted as cowards?
26 Dec 2021, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2021, 10:57 AMVipper

Can you please specify which in which part of the game in your opinion the red army is depicted as cowards?

Maybe at that moment where Soviet soldiers go on the attack and Maxim is shot in their back if they try to retreat? Or a game mechanic in which, after the call of the Conscript, a Commissar appears who will shoot all the soldiers whose squad has retreated? Maybe in those moments when the main character, talking to his soldiers, says the only choice we have is to go forward. And he is answered as if we have a choice? In the description of the mission, which says that Soviet soldiers are fighting because of order 227, and do not want to protect their country, home and family? In a false quote from Marshal Vasilevsky that he does not want to fight, taken out of context when he talked about when he fought in the First World War?
26 Dec 2021, 12:15 PM

Found the 15 year old who just discovered 4chan.

So saying that USSR was not human paradise is "15 year old 4chan user". Lmao true cope indeed my friend.
26 Dec 2021, 12:22 PM

History Expert thread?

What saddens me most is that "Expect Historians" have the same sources as we do, and the normies praise them if they say the correct number of things.

M4 sHeRmAn BeSt TaNk iN wAr
TiGeR i wAs AcTuAlLy PiEcE oF sHiT
BlItZkRiEg NeVeR wOrKeD
StAlIn LoVeD hIs PeOpLe
ArSeNaL oF dEmOcRaCy

Here, I'm ready to write a best seller on WW2.
26 Dec 2021, 12:33 PM

Maybe at that moment where Soviet soldiers go on the attack and Maxim is shot in their back if they try to retreat?

How is that a sing of cowardness of soldiers?

Or a game mechanic in which, after the call of the Conscript, a Commissar appears who will shoot all the soldiers whose squad has retreated?

Maybe in those moments when the main character, talking to his soldiers, says the only choice we have is to go forward. And he is answered as if we have a choice?

And before that first solider says "we understand we are with you to the end" and that does not sound like a thing a coward would say.

In the description of the mission, which says that Soviet soldiers are fighting because of order 227, and do not want to protect their country, home and family?

In a false quote from Marshal Vasilevsky that he does not want to fight, taken out of context when he talked about when he fought in the First World War?

Mission 5 text:
"The symbolic city of Stalingrad remained a key battlefield for more than five months, starting in the autumn of 1942. It was characterized by vicious close-quarters combat,infatry attrition, Luftwaffe bombing, and the perilous Volga crossing. For the Read Army, the enemy would be not only the Wehrmacth but also a new imperative from Comrade Stalin: Order 227. With the new order, Soviet troops were forbidden to retreat without a senior officer's command. Newly formed "blocking detachments" opened fire on soldiers retreating without permission.
Isakoivh detested the order but carried out his duty, fighting alongside his troops to reclaim the city named for their great leader.

"He ordered us to stand fast and save Stalingrad. So we knew that it was "do or die", We could not retreat"
Lt. General Vasily Chuikov, Red army.

26 Dec 2021, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2021, 12:33 PMVipper

And before that first solider says "we understand we are with you to the end" and that does not sound like a thing a coward would say.

Mission 5 text:
"The symbolic city of Stalingrad remained a key battlefield for more than five months, starting in the autumn of 1942. It was characterized by vicious close-quarters combat,infatry attrition, Luftwaffe bombing, and the perilous Volga crossing. For the Read Army, the enemy would be not only the Wehrmacth but also a new imperative from Comrade Stalin: Order 227. With the new order, Soviet troops were forbidden to retreat without a senior officer's command. Newly formed "blocking detachments" opened fire on soldiers retreating without permission.
Isakoivh detested the order but carried out his duty, fighting alongside his troops to reclaim the city named for their great leader.

"He ordered us to stand fast and save Stalingrad. So we knew that it was "do or die", We could not retreat"
Lt. General Vasily Chuikov, Red army.

Oh, how cute. But there is no such quotation in Chuikov's memoirs. But there is such a quote:

Soon I was informed of the arrival of the commander and commissar of a tank corps. I immediately invited them to the dugout, detaining everyone who was at the headquarters at that time, and asked:

- How will you, a Soviet general, being the chief of a combat area, look at if your subordinate commanders and staffs retreat to the rear without your permission? How do you assess your act from the point of view of fulfilling order No. 227 of the People's Commissar of Defense - the unauthorized transfer of the command post of the formation to the rear of the command post of the army?

I have not received an answer to my questions. Both the commander and the corps commissar burned with shame. You could see it in their eyes. I strictly warned that I regarded their act as desertion from the battlefield, and ordered them to be with the command post at an altitude of 107.5 by 4 o'clock on 13 September.

All in Chuikov's memoirs are two moments of mentioning order 227 during the Battle of Stalingrad, this and the text of the order. Another lie from Relic?
26 Dec 2021, 13:03 PM

I am not here to defend Relic or claim that everything in COH2 are historically accurate.

I have simply asked what part of the game depict the foot soldiers of the Red army as cowards.

If in your opinion there are such parts pls identify them because I have a hard time finding them.
26 Dec 2021, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2021, 13:03 PMVipper

I am not here to defend Relic or claim that everything in COH2 are historically accurate.

I have simply asked what part of the game depict the foot soldiers of the Red army as cowards.

If in your opinion there are such parts pls identify them because I have a hard time finding them.

All of the above shows that the Red Army is cowards. Those who do not want to fight for their country, relatives and families. Not a single such phrase was in the game. All the motivation of the Red Army is shown in the game as shot and order 227. That is, the soldiers did not want to fight, only the threat of death.
26 Dec 2021, 13:11 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Maybe back to the main topic?
26 Dec 2021, 13:16 PM

the commanders of the campaign are depicted as twisted, savage, deceptive and cruel, while the soldiers are sent on death missions (or shot if they don't do), and are obviously put to fear.

the entire campaign is goebbels tier propaganda and can be considered well fictional, but that is already well established

This isn't a post topic though
Pip
26 Dec 2021, 13:21 PM

Oh, how cute. But there is no such quotation in Chuikov's memoirs. But there is such a quote:

Its apparently a quote from the book "Unconditional Surrender", which is a 1945 publication by a CBS war correspondent.

The impression that I got from the Soviet campaign was not that the soldiers of the Red Army were cowards, but that the commissars and top brass (I.E Stalin and similar) were barbarians.

Though regardless of all else, this stupid topic really doesn't belong on CoH2.org. Please can we stop derailing actually relevant discussions?
26 Dec 2021, 13:29 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Soldier 1: "We understand comrade Lieutenant; we are with you until the end."
Soldier 2: "As if we have a choice."

What choice is there in war? If Relic wanted to portray the grit of the Soviet soldier, why insert this line and ruin Soldier 1's bravery? By inserting this line, Relic is instead downplaying Soldier 1's bravery.

And on top of that, why did the commissar execute the stranger behind Isakovich, which prompted him to remark on the enemy saving bullets in the first place? Heavily implied to be under charges of cowardice.

Churkin: "And this drove our troops to fight with great determination in Stalingrad."
Isakovich: "What drove us in Stalingrad was Order 227. Our soldiers had no choice."

In CoH1, Americans and British bravely fought on foreign soil for strangers, but Soviets in Stalingrad were driven not by home, friends, family, or revenge, but Order 227 and a fear of death. As if war wasn't already death, and as if it really mattered which bullet it takes to kill you.

Isakovich: "You're assigning me to a Penal Battalion? This is a death sentence!"

When the maximum length of servitude was 3 months and many returned to their units afterwards. Why many didn't survive the war is because Penal Battalions were overwhelmingly early-mid war formations when the Soviets were still struggling. You might as well say that joining any Soviet military unit in the years of 1941-1943 is a death sentence. Very few enlisted men from 1941 survived too.

EDIT: Quinn Duffy and his team has tried to paint the Russians in the worst light possible. If you insist the game is 'historically balanced' as he calls it, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm extremely happy that Quinn Duffy has left. CoH3 will be better without petty politics and disrespectful slander.
26 Dec 2021, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2021, 13:29 PMKasarov

What choice is there in war? If Relic wanted to portray the grit of the Soviet soldier, why insert this line and ruin Soldier 1's bravery? By inserting this line, Relic is instead downplaying Soldier 1's bravery.

And on top of that, why did the commissar execute the stranger behind Isakovich, which prompted him to remark on the enemy saving bullets in the first place? Heavily implied to be under charges of cowardice.

In CoH1, Americans and British bravely fought on foreign soil for strangers, but Soviets in Stalingrad were driven not by home, friends, family, or revenge, but Order 227 and a fear of death.

When the maximum length of servitude was 3 months and many returned to their units afterwards. Why many didn't survive the war is because Penal Battalions were overwhelmingly early-mid war formations when the Soviets were still struggling. You might as well say that joining any Soviet military unit in the years of 1941-1943 is a death sentence. Very few enlisted men from 1941 survived too.

EDIT: Quinn Duffy and his team has tried to paint the Russians in the worst light possible. If you insist the game is 'historically balanced' as he calls it, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm extremely happy that Quinn Duffy has left. CoH3 will be better without petty politics and disrespectful slander.

Once more I am not trying to defend Relic, Quinn Duffy or anyone else.

Imo none of what you have pointed out depicts the Soviet solider as a coward.

Cowards do not fight and in the game Russian soldier fight even against impossible odds.

Imo criticism (weather justified or not or even accurate is another story) aim at the high command and not at the foot soldiers.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 550

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak