Login

russian armor

Ostheer Accuracy

PAGES (7)down
30 Nov 2021, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 07:09 AMVipper

It seem you got that the other way round, it is not Donnie complaining about the "non doc vision from t70" but Katukov complaining about the doctrinal spotting scopes although Sander93's long response.

he was complaining about how 222 is not as impactful as t70 and how t70 can spot everything, which 222 can do as well.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 07:09 AMVipper

Your description of m3a1 for some strange reason is flawed:
M3A3 has plenty of DPS on its own for its timing/class
M3A3 can survive an ATG shot so again it has plenty of HP for its timing/class

ofc, my guy. Very good unit vs OST...maybe for a 1 screen army type of guy :facepalm:
Imagine getting m3 vs gren start with 20 range fausts and proceed to waste all your micro on it, just because it is "good on paper". Might as well save the resources for a future backtech into zis gun, so when p4 arrives you won't get caught with your pants down while parading your "all seeing" t70
30 Nov 2021, 10:56 AM

he was complaining about how 222 is not as impactful as t70 and how t70 can spot everything, which 222 can do as well.

I think it safe to say that T-70 is more impactful than 222. Actually is one of the most impactful units of Soviet at least in small modes...

As for the sight his point was that T-70 provides stock a similar vision as Spotting scope provide
to PzIVs.

ofc, my guy. Very good unit vs OST...maybe for a 1 screen army type of guy :facepalm:
Imagine getting m3 vs gren start with 20 range fausts and proceed to waste all your micro on it, just because it is "good on paper". Might as well save the resources for a future backtech into zis gun, so when p4 arrives you won't get caught with your pants down while parading your "all seeing" t70

I am not sure what your point is here that M3a1 is UP?
Because claiming that it does not have DPS or
HP or
that is only "good on paper" sure makes it sound like it.
30 Nov 2021, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 10:56 AMVipper

I think it safe to say that T-70 is more impactful than 222. Actually is one of the most impactful units of Soviet at least in small modes...

As for the sight his point was that T-70 provides stock a similar vision as Spotting scope provide
to PzIVs.

I am not sure what your point is here that M3a1 is UP?
Because claiming that it does not have DPS or
HP or
that is only "good on paper" sure makes it sound like it.

so ~53 vision pre vet 3 apparently similar to 70 minimum vision from scope. And 222, which is a part of most OST builds, has also similar sight to t70.

M3 is not that useful vs gren start. It is not OP, nor UP, this is how it is, I don't care. Please read my every comment explaining it is this way, because there won't be 2 pages long discussion about minor details that have already been pointed out in some way, shape or form.
30 Nov 2021, 11:25 AM

The 222 is a lot cheaper thus should be less impactfull. Its vision however does not disable its guns. It can do aa quite wel.
The t70 has this ability toggled and disables its guns. And its impact is only shortly before a p4 is fielded. So only if you keep the t70 alive can y.ou make use of its vision. Its usualy a lost game if you build a 2nd one.

The p4 or wich ever vehicles you decide to put spotting scopes on dont have their guns disabled. Wich is a massive plus, that and you can put it on any vehicle. It should either be a toggle with downsides or just for 222 251 or cmmd p4.
30 Nov 2021, 11:44 AM

so ~53 vision pre vet 3 apparently similar to 70 minimum vision from scope.

It is not.
On other hand that vision requires static play with vehicle being immobile for certain amount of time.
You can also look at Sanders93 response in post 87 who does not seem to think spotting scopes are op in anyway.

And 222, which is a part of most OST builds, has also similar sight to t70.

Yes it does. And that speaks volumes about how useful T-70 is even past it's roaming phase.

M3 is not that useful vs gren start. It is not OP, nor UP, this is how it is, I don't care. Please read my every comment explaining it is this way, because there won't be 2 pages long discussion about minor details that have already been pointed out in some way, shape or form.

If you don't care I suggest not to post about its lack of DPS/HP/being good only on paper.
30 Nov 2021, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 11:44 AMVipper

If you don't care I suggest not to post about its lack of DPS/HP/being good only on paper.

I don't care because you always pull off the "debating" stuff you love.

Imagine getting m3 vs gren start with 20 range fausts and proceed to waste all your micro on it, just because it is "good on paper"

M3 is not that useful vs gren start.

it has no dps on its own, has no HP either and requires T1, which kind of different start from safe t2

Also why don't you que up in 2v2 and 1v1 as SOV, find a decent OST opponent and use the very great Clown Car vs him?
30 Nov 2021, 12:48 PM

I don't care because you always pull off the "debating" stuff you love.

Also why don't you que up in 2v2 and 1v1 as SOV, find a decent OST opponent and use the very great Clown Car vs him?

Ok you seem to want to use ad hominem arguments once more.

I am simply not going to follow you in the root you have chosen that will derail this thread which is about Ostheer accuracy.

Think we have established that:
that pak is not inaccurate
T-70 is more impactful than 222
that M3A1 is not up
that spotting scopes are not OP

and we can move on.
30 Nov 2021, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 10:56 AMVipper

I think it safe to say that T-70 is more impactful than 222...

What are your backs for such claim.
30 Nov 2021, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 12:54 PMEsxile

What are your backs for such claim.

Why is this phase more crucial for OST than say for Soviets? Due to infantry upgrades and the 222/251, Soviets are on the back foot from the ~4 minute mark until the T70 arrives. What sense does it make that they are denied their power spike?
30 Nov 2021, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 12:48 PMVipper

Ok you seem to want to use ad hominem arguments once more.

I am simply not going to follow you in the root you have chosen that will derail this thread which is about Ostheer accuracy.

Think we have established that:
that pak is not inaccurate
T-70 is more impactful than 222
that M3A1 is not up
that spotting scopes are not OP

and we can move on.

Donnie brings up t70 vision
I bring up 222 vision.
You bring up m3 vision.
I say that m3 is not that much viable vs OST, so it is pretty irrelevant to this discussion and explained why in the process.
You start doing your regular stuff, ignoring what have been said, derailed the thread yourself and then said I did it :facepalm:
Nice job, man. Nice job.
30 Nov 2021, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 13:02 PMVipper

Hannibal never said the T-70 is more impactful than the 222, quite the opposite. He says both are crucial for their timing.
Ostheer's 222 to apply early pressure and Soviet's T-70 to respond to it 4 minutes later.

30 Nov 2021, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 14:34 PMEsxile

Hannibal never said the T-70 is more impactful than the 222, quite the opposite. He says both are crucial for their timing.
Ostheer's 222 to apply early pressure and Soviet's T-70 to respond to it 4 minutes later.

Read the post again he clearly describes the T-70 as Soviets power spike.
30 Nov 2021, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 14:42 PMVipper

Read the post again he clearly describes the T-70 as Soviets power spike.

Which does not mean MORE.
30 Nov 2021, 17:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I never said anything about the very vague term of 'impactfulness', nor did I compare the 222 to the T70. Please don't make stuff up that I have not said
I am also not the oracle of CoH2, my opinion is not worth more than any random Joe's opinion.

And most of all, please all go back to topic, this topic is actually about OP claiming some Ostheer units need more accuracy. It is okay and normal to deviate from the main topic over time, but the 'impactfulness' of the 222 and T70 have nothing to do with the topic and this side discussion is dragging on a bit too long.

If you want to discuss that, go to PMs or a different thread.
1 Dec 2021, 09:22 AM

My units alway miss on red unit is something worth debating for 6 pages?

Wow...
1 Dec 2021, 12:21 PM

My units alway miss on red unit is something worth debating for 6 pages?

Wow...

more of a "red units OP" type of thread, tbh, since Donnie failed to explain why OST in particular needs the special treatment.
1 Dec 2021, 13:37 PM

more of a "red units OP" type of thread, tbh, since Donnie failed to explain why OST in particular needs the special treatment.

i did explain it: the window of light vehicle gameplay brings Ost in a disadvantage because the only thing to fight LV is the Pak. However the pak is unflexible, slow and has no AI capabilities, so you must rely on good positioning, game sense, timing and ambushes to make it work. Which Per se is absolutely fine.

but when the Pak misses in such situation which happens far too often, the ost player is very often doomed.

i backed up my claim with replays and tried it out myself. i won 8 games with Sov in a row and it was much easier than wehr
1 Dec 2021, 15:21 PM

i did explain it: the window of light vehicle gameplay brings Ost in a disadvantage because the only thing to fight LV is the Pak. However the pak is unflexible, slow and has no AI capabilities, so you must rely on good positioning, game sense, timing and ambushes to make it work. Which Per se is absolutely fine.

but when the Pak misses in such situation which happens far too often, the ost player is very often doomed.

i backed up my claim with replays and tried it out myself. i won 8 games with Sov in a row and it was much easier than wehr

Only SOV have any sort of AI on their AT, with a downside of having has the lowest ROF.

Pak misses as much as any other AT. That was said multiple times. Why UKF, for example, does not have similar issue, but only OST?

As for "dead after missing a shot" you have 20 range fausts, 222 is also not all that helpless vs t70.

win streak does not mean much, unless you getting them repeatedly, while being matched vs similar or better then you opponents. Anyone can get a lucky streak both losing and winning. Only once you start winning/losing vs guys you have no business winning/losing against we can talk about some imbalances.
1 Dec 2021, 16:13 PM

Only SOV have any sort of AI on their AT, with a downside of having has the lowest ROF.

Pak misses as much as any other AT. That was said multiple times. Why UKF, for example, does not have similar issue, but only OST?

As for "dead after missing a shot" you have 20 range fausts, 222 is also not all that helpless vs t70.

win streak does not mean much, unless you getting them repeatedly, while being matched vs similar or better then you opponents. Anyone can get a lucky streak both losing and winning. Only once you start winning/losing vs guys you have no business winning/losing against we can talk about some imbalances.

The PAK vs ZIS Gun argument would be viable if Ostheer had a t70 themself, but we're speaking about asymmetric balance here. And No, the 222 performance/impact/effectiveness is not camparable to t70
1 Dec 2021, 17:25 PM

The PAK vs ZIS Gun argument would be viable if Ostheer had a t70 themself, but we're speaking about asymmetric balance here. And No, the 222 performance/impact/effectiveness is not camparable to t70

The pack vs zis argument is perfectly fine as a argument. The pak can stun while the zis has ai ability. Their primary job remains the excact same regardles.

As ost has no t70 or clown car, so what. Sov lack nades and weapon upgrades and heavy armour stock. While ost has better pen and simaler or better rof on all their big guns.
So please stop whyning about the 2 to 3 minutes ost is under pressure.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS