Login

russian armor

Disable involuntary rotation of indirects (mor/ISG/pakH)

22 Nov 2021, 12:34 PM

Basically if you click on the button, the moment the mortars/ISG/pakHowi sets up, it will stay set up in that direction no matter what's around it. Prevents autofire rotation to fire at other targets. Sort of like the "target only vehicles" for TDs and AT guns.
It's a quality of life change that could go a long way for COH2, and if not possible, even a longer way for COH3.
This is mainly from a perspective of a teamgame player where more often than not, your ISGs and pak howis will rotate to fire on some lone squad God know's where and might ignore the mega-ultra-boss Blob coming your way. This way, you can set it up to only fire in an arc you decide until moved or rotated BY YOUR OWN HAND.

This would help pak howi and maybe 120mm more than other units as those are the ones that take the longest to rotate and fire. ISG wouldn't probably be affected as much as the other two as it's quite mobile for such a unit concerning rotation/time to fire.

Also would be nice if the same target button that TDs and AT guns have, to target only vehicles, to be placed on any squad carrying PTSR/Shreck/Zook. You pick up an AT rifle/bazooka, you get the button. Also a quality of life change that would be welcome in COH3 if COH2 is too late
22 Nov 2021, 23:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1 to this.

Regarding the AT infantry squads: I thought this comes with weird behaviour or bugs in CoH2?
23 Nov 2021, 00:24 AM

+1 to this.

Regarding the AT infantry squads: I thought this comes with weird behaviour or bugs in CoH2?

Not something I am aware of, but wouldn't surprise me. Still, if it's "impossible" for COH2, it's something that should be a standard in COH3. Same for all coh3 indirects that can autofire. Keeping it focused on one arc and disable automatic rotation during enemy screening is something that would go a long way in teamgames.
MMX
23 Nov 2021, 02:42 AM

would also greatly appreciate an option for this, good qol change for sure!
23 Nov 2021, 07:39 AM

They can simply work as other support weapons. Allow the user to set up like a HMG/ATG with a predetermined facing or attack move and track targets.

I actually find very annoying that one can not set up a mortar and one has to issue an attack order to do so.
23 Nov 2021, 15:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not something I am aware of, but wouldn't surprise me. Still, if it's "impossible" for COH2, it's something that should be a standard in COH3. Same for all coh3 indirects that can autofire. Keeping it focused on one arc and disable automatic rotation during enemy screening is something that would go a long way in teamgames.

Especially for CoH3 it would be a good improvement.
I think the editor has some variable to make units auto-target. At least this suggestion might already be possible for CoH2.
23 Nov 2021, 15:44 PM

Also would be nice if the same target button that TDs and AT guns have, to target only vehicles, to be placed on any squad carrying PTSR/Shreck/Zook. You pick up an AT rifle/bazooka, you get the button. Also a quality of life change that would be welcome in COH3 if COH2 is too late

An attempt was made to introduce this but it was too buggy, iirc amonst other things it didn't work when garrisoned in vehicles or buildings.
23 Nov 2021, 16:04 PM

An attempt was made to introduce this but it was too buggy, iirc amonst other things it didn't work when garrisoned in vehicles or buildings.

Fair enough. Not surprising given the engine capabilities, but would the rotation QoL change be feasible for indirects or do you suspect it would run into another buggy mess?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
unknown 5
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak