Login

russian armor

Why are all the 2v2 maps complete shit

15 Oct 2021, 05:24 AM

I think Fields of Winnie and Vaux Farmlands are the only one's that are decent
15 Oct 2021, 05:33 AM

Actually Elst Outskirts is pretty good too. I like how the buildings are included but not made to overly important, with fences and limited windows, meaning they can be useful but also completely avoided unlike maps like Rails and Metal where whoever takes the building near the trenches first controls the fuel for the next 5-10 minutes of the game.
15 Oct 2021, 06:17 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Take it Easy mate. Thats like half of the maps are fine then, I took the bait so others don't need to. :banana:
15 Oct 2021, 08:03 AM

Eindhoven is too small but pretty good too

And Wolfheze, but fuck the weird unintuitive sight blockers that look like regular yellow cover bush

But yeah, the amount of trash in there is pretty high
15 Oct 2021, 10:07 AM

Besides 1 or 2 maps mostly corridor shooting design makes some factions play dull and boring cheesy thus gameplay is in 2v2 boring...Otherwise nicely done concepts ...
15 Oct 2021, 12:50 PM

Go play 3v3 and come back here. Then you'll see the true definition of "bad maps"
15 Oct 2021, 17:08 PM

Go play 3v3 and come back here. Then you'll see the true definition of "bad maps"
Actually quite like the 3v3 maps. At least there are more vetoes for bigger games.
15 Oct 2021, 17:12 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Actually quite like the 3v3 maps. At least there are more vetoes for bigger games.

The mad lad:lolol:
15 Oct 2021, 17:21 PM

Alliance of Defiance, Vaux Farm, Minsk Pocket, Crossing in the woods, and Elst Outskirts are BY FAR the top 5 maps in the game
15 Oct 2021, 17:45 PM

Do you guys ever look at the MAPS PLAYED stats? Here is a shot from The GrandMaster PageP.

PAGEP SITE

These move around a little week to week and usually AOD is 2nd most played map.

You clearly like large maps. This is a matter of taste. And that is why maps like these are included to give variety and try to cover all of the player styles.

Many people feel maps like these are a little too large. Forward retreats become OP. Any bad engagement means you are off the map for a long time, etc. But they do make MG play much less effective which can be a good thing.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2021, 17:21 PMKalaise
Alliance of Defiance, Vaux Farm, Minsk Pocket, Crossing in the woods, and Elst Outskirts are BY FAR the top 5 maps in the game

In your opinion yes. Statistically, no.

HYPOCRITAL RESPONSE
I am the last person ever to ask people to qualify comments since I routinely call Relic morons :) But the reasons I do this takes walls of text that many have read too many times.

But when you make statements about maps, it is best to qualify your reasons. Saying good or bad is meaningless and does not help anyone. Unless it makes you feel better. Then I guess that is something.

-cheers

EDIT:

If you look at PagePs sight you will also see that Vaux appears to favor OKW and USF. Again, because MGs become weaker on large wide open maps. And overall these two maps seem to be the most imbalanced by faction.
15 Oct 2021, 21:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2021, 17:45 PMRosbone
Do you guys ever look at the MAPS PLAYED stats? Here is a shot from The GrandMaster PageP.

PAGEP SITE

These move around a little week to week and usually AOD is 2nd most played map.

You clearly like large maps. This is a matter of taste. And that is why maps like these are included to give variety and try to cover all of the player styles.

Many people feel maps like these are a little too large. Forward retreats become OP. Any bad engagement means you are off the map for a long time, etc. But they do make MG play much less effective which can be a good thing.

In your opinion yes. Statistically, no.

HYPOCRITAL RESPONSE
I am the last person ever to ask people to qualify comments since I routinely call Relic morons :) But the reasons I do this takes walls of text that many have read too many times.

But when you make statements about maps, it is best to qualify your reasons. Saying good or bad is meaningless and does not help anyone. Unless it makes you feel better. Then I guess that is something.

-cheers

EDIT:

If you look at PagePs sight you will also see that Vaux appears to favor OKW and USF. Again, because MGs become weaker on large wide open maps. And overall these two maps seem to be the most imbalanced by faction.
16 Oct 2021, 00:21 AM

Bad at 2v2 -> proceeds to call all 2v2 maps shit

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS