Login

russian armor

Wolfheze - Balance

10 Oct 2021, 11:53 AM

I played several times on Wolfheze now and everytime i played north, i had trouble holding the vp points.

Is this map somehow balanced towards the south?

Imo this problem could be solved, if the left vp would be slightly moved towards the northern base.
10 Oct 2021, 15:05 PM

I played several times on Wolfheze now and everytime i played north, i had trouble holding the vp points.

Is this map somehow balanced towards the south?

Imo this problem could be solved, if the left vp would be slightly moved towards the northern base.

I am guessing here but:
- The East VP has has a building and rail cars blocking the norths flanking access to the VP. If you dont take the house early that VP will be very hard to get to all game long.
- The middle VP also has a house that favors the South right in mid. Making it hard to flank units holding the VP area.

So I agree the left VP could be made easier for North to hold to try and offset the above mentioned areas. Maybe remove the main sight blocking hedges north of the VP?

Would be good to get more experienced player opinions here.

Will Relic bother with another map patch?
10 Oct 2021, 18:33 PM

I've had a lot of trouble with Wolfheze. I have it on veto when I'm playing with randoms

Too many experiences getting double teamed on the fuel side and not getting any support. Both fuels being on one side is a little weird, but doesn't seem as bad with a partner
10 Oct 2021, 21:13 PM

I've had a lot of trouble with Wolfheze. I have it on veto when I'm playing with randoms

Too many experiences getting double teamed on the fuel side and not getting any support. Both fuels being on one side is a little weird, but doesn't seem as bad with a partner

Yes this map breaks the 2v2 rule of having two medium safe fuels on opposite sides of the map.

The layout of the map is sort of mirrored North/South and not East/West. So putting a fuel on the west side totally screws up the map.

I think three factors pushed leaving the fuel where it is:
1) Nostalgia. Keeping the map as close to the vCoh experience as possible.
2) The 2v2 map pool was getting very stale for tournaments. We needed some fresh maps. And the dual fuels are not a problem in tournament play.
3) Variety. Having the fuels together gives players different options. You can play two 1v1s or double the fuels and let the enemy get two munitions.

The duel fuel is only a major issue when playing randoms who cant communicate (language, play style, experience, etc). So a veto sounds warranted if you keep having bad experiences.
10 Oct 2021, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2021, 21:13 PMRosbone

I think three factors pushed leaving the fuel where it is:
1) Nostalgia. Keeping the map as close to the vCoh experience as possible.
2) The 2v2 map pool was getting very stale for tournaments. We needed some fresh maps. And the dual fuels are not a problem in tournament play.
3) Variety. Having the fuels together gives players different options. You can play two 1v1s or double the fuels and let the enemy get two munitions.

Makes sense, I can respect all of those reasons

Im positive about #2 cause the difference is night and day when I'm playing with a friend vs. with randoms. And we are far from tourney level players, but coordination changes everything
10 Oct 2021, 22:56 PM

I maintain that COH1 maps were not meant to be played on COH2, even in modified form, because of, among other things, True Sight. There's a lot of sight blockers that seem way to small to be sight blockers on this map.

I was glad to see Angoville removed from the 1v1 pool, and I'd be happy to see Wolfheze go, too.
12 Oct 2021, 11:38 AM

This map is really badly designed. Fuel on both sides. Really stupid.
12 Oct 2021, 14:49 PM

This map is shit in both game,
COH1 is the cancerous Brit favoured.
COH2, the VP and same resources on one side at the end of the map.
12 Oct 2021, 18:51 PM

IMO the only thing that really bothers me about Wolfheze is the sight blockers are not intuitive and/or badly implemented. I feel like there are random small hedges that block sight that seems like they shouldn't. Additionally it feels like there there are a lot of random sight blockers that really mess with team weapon play anywhere that isn't the center VP. I don't love maps that play into team weapon camping but but the inability to use team weapons feels more like a bug than a feature to use a phrase.
14 Oct 2021, 10:06 AM

TBH there are worse maps that this. "Rails and Metal" and "Minsk Pocket" are way worse.
14 Oct 2021, 12:58 PM

TBH there are worse maps that this. "Rails and Metal" and "Minsk Pocket" are way worse.

nah minsk pocket is alright

road to kharkhov and rails and metal are both garbo maps though, who the fuck designed those?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★