Login

russian armor

Question and thoughts about infantry upgrades

5 Oct 2021, 19:17 PM

Random shower thoughts about infantry upgrades. I know it is fairly late for changes to be made since the last patch is supposedly the last one.

1. Why is the Gren G43 upgrade only 2 models, why not 3? Maybe the ability to further upgrade at BP2.

2. I see a lot of people complain about SVT conscripts. Most of the issue seems to be around efficiency not DPS of the unit. Why not remove ability to build cover if upgraded with SVT to promote mix of conscript squads so it is no longer a no brainer upgrade.

3.While on the topic of Airborne weapon crate SMG penal could get smoke grenade or "hit the dirt" ability.

4.Why not give LMG airborne guards "hit the dirt"? Seems counter intuitive to give them the same VET1 ability the PPSH squad gets. Suppression allows the PPSH to come in close along with the smoke nade synergizing really well with the purpose of the unit as a stealth/close range squad. Hit the dirt would allow LMG Guards to fulfill there role as soviet elite long range unit.

5. This is a little more out there but each Ostruppen commander gets a different upgrade. One get the Gren G43 upgrade while the other keeps the LMG.

Thoughts?
5 Oct 2021, 20:56 PM

1. no need to create terminator blobs where each squad costs only 240mp

2. fair enough I guess

3. nah, coh2 has enough smoke nade CQC units now, it's boring

4. hit the dirt on a squad with 3 LMGs sounds a bit cancerous, ngl

5. Oh god, G43 Osttruppen :foreveralone: what could go wrong
5 Oct 2021, 21:30 PM

penal battalions should receive a separate PPSh upgrade that is unlocked at CP-1, 45 muni cost, identical to the pre-nerf upgrade

nobody really complained about them and nobody found them overpowered either, and all the crate nerfs have been almost exclusively for svt cons, but affected both, turning ppsh penals from rarely ever used and "meh" to outright useless and obsolete
6 Oct 2021, 05:56 AM

1. no need to create terminator blobs where each squad costs only 240mp

2. fair enough I guess

3. nah, coh2 has enough smoke nade CQC units now, it's boring

4. hit the dirt on a squad with 3 LMGs sounds a bit cancerous, ngl

5. Oh god, G43 Osttruppen :foreveralone: what could go wrong

1. considering they suck ass rigth now losing to everything aside from 6 man concripts late game, i think they migth need a 3th one(TigthRope G43 video demonstrates it).

2. agree

3. yep

4. maybe, maybe not

5. migth be a good meme since i think the only commander with both g43 and osttrupen is the one with relief infatry(just imagine 4 g43 osttrupen lol).

penal battalions should receive a separate PPSh upgrade that is unlocked at CP-1, 45 muni cost, identical to the pre-nerf upgrade

nobody really complained about them and nobody found them overpowered either, and all the crate nerfs have been almost exclusively for svt cons, but affected both, turning ppsh penals from rarely ever used and "meh" to outright useless and obsolete

i think in my 1800 hours of COH2 i seen SMG penals 2 times.
6 Oct 2021, 10:28 AM

1. considering they suck ass rigth now losing to everything aside from 6 man concripts late game, i think they migth need a 3th one(TigthRope G43 video demonstrates it).

2. agree

3. yep

4. maybe, maybe not

5. migth be a good meme since i think the only commander with both g43 and osttrupen is the one with relief infatry(just imagine 4 g43 osttrupen lol).

1. That video is exactly why I was thinking they need one more, it seems to be decent when you first get it but it falls off fairly fast. Adding one more at BP2 for muni would let the upgrade keep scaling.

4. DP28 is the worst LMG in the game with its properties designed around the original Guards which is why I think they should get hit the dirt also. In most casts I have seen I barely see any top players making more than 1 if they make it at all. I happen to like them they just don't feel like ELITE infantry.

5. Was thinking with 2 G43 they would play differently from the turtle style the LMG Ostrup promote. They wouldn't when many/any fights 1v1 however since the G43 cant be dropped it would promote agressive attacking and holding out as long as possible. So trying to win through agressive attrition.
6 Oct 2021, 10:43 AM

1 imo either 3 g43s or 10% RA, definitely not both

2 at least remove merge, because it is broken cause of SVTs. Not sure how devs might do this, since it is a pick up

3 ppsh penals were questionable at 1 cp and now they are basically a downgrade, since you can have AirGuards PPsh without any muni investment at the same timing

4 'hit the dirt' of Conscripts? Or 'firing position' of rifle guards? imo one or the other might be OP.

5 hell no :p
6 Oct 2021, 12:17 PM

i think in my 1800 hours of COH2 i seen SMG penals 2 times.

i have utilized them before, they are alright because you get them earlier than any other smg squad, but the crate has been nerfed over and over, so they are a direct downgrade to other smg troops you can purchase
10 Oct 2021, 13:20 PM

I feel like Penals with SMG performance should be similar to Shock troops or better since their cost is about the same. Shouldn't be worse at least because you're spending munitions and not getting grenade(s).
10 Oct 2021, 13:33 PM

I feel like Penals with SMG performance should be similar to Shock troops or better since their cost is about the same. Shouldn't be worse at least because you're spending munitions and not getting grenade(s).

no nades, smoke or armour
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS