Login

russian armor

MG Deployment Bug/Issue?

4 Oct 2021, 05:26 AM

Hello.

Did/Does anyone face the experience of telling a MG to deploy at position x and face direction y. The MG just ends up walking there and just chill. This is extremely problematic. I tried turning on/off vsync, gsync, cap frame rates, changing mouse, reinstalling game etc. etc. and nothing helps. It happens totally at random (maybe on average 3/10 deployments are bugged), i even tried 3 apm click and the same story happens. I dont have generally have that problem with AT guns.

It started to happen a while ago i've been just playing around it until now.

Wondering if anyone faced that problem and knows a solution to resolve it.

Thanks

P.S. i got 1800 hours on coh2 - im pretty sure i know drag -> face direction -> release to deploy weapon teams.
4 Oct 2021, 07:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I had issues when my mouse broke and it regularly restired one right click as two. But if you say ATGs are okay that's probably not the issue then.

I think I sometimes saw the MG not setting up, but I usually attributed that to be a mistake of mine. But surely it does not happen as frequently as for you
4 Oct 2021, 18:51 PM

Yeah it's really annoying and I have no idea how to reproduce it.

The only thing which I know is when a HMG sets up, but in the wrong direction... that gets caused if the MG gets pushed around by vehicles while moving
6 Oct 2021, 15:34 PM

Semi-related but I wish they'd fix the squad AI bug that causes the crew to run ahead when you click attack on a squad when the HMG is not set up. Really annoying to have your crew get cut down because they decided to YOLO into the front lines. I feel like this was an old issue that was fixed before but somehow got reintroduced in the last round of patches.
31 Oct 2021, 03:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2021, 05:26 AMMcFly
Hello.

Did/Does anyone face the experience of telling a MG to deploy at position x and face direction y. The MG just ends up walking there and just chill. This is extremely problematic. I tried turning on/off vsync, gsync, cap frame rates, changing mouse, reinstalling game etc. etc. and nothing helps. It happens totally at random (maybe on average 3/10 deployments are bugged), i even tried 3 apm click and the same story happens. I dont have generally have that problem with AT guns.

It started to happen a while ago i've been just playing around it until now.

Wondering if anyone faced that problem and knows a solution to resolve it.

Thanks

P.S. i got 1800 hours on coh2 - im pretty sure i know drag -> face direction -> release to deploy weapon teams.

Semi-related but I wish they'd fix the squad AI bug that causes the crew to run ahead when you click attack on a squad when the HMG is not set up. Really annoying to have your crew get cut down because they decided to YOLO into the front lines. I feel like this was an old issue that was fixed before but somehow got reintroduced in the last round of patches.

I've noticed these two problems as well. Not much can be done with the first problem other than babysit the MG as you should anyway.

The second one I think started happening once they released a patch that moved MG members from where they would originally stand to infront of the MG. Then they promptly reversed course on that but the issue was already there and not fixed.
31 Oct 2021, 08:13 AM

I have noticed and reported similar issues a while ago.

Sometimes it even affects garrison with the HMG not facing or firing.
1 Nov 2021, 00:06 AM

Another issue I've noticed is sometimes MGs will stop retreating. I would retreat an MG and enough models will die which would cancel the retreat. I suspect this has something to do with the fix to deathlooping.
2 Nov 2021, 09:03 AM

I saw on his stream that day9 noticed input drops on ae4 as well, so it's endemic to their engine; which means coh3 will also have it. Yay
2 Nov 2021, 22:07 PM

I saw on his stream that day9 noticed input drops on ae4 as well, so it's endemic to their engine; which means coh3 will also have it. Yay

Input delay was very much targeted at when in the early days of coh2... there were a number of changes made to improve it (and it was, thankfully)... so it may improve.

But you're right, unfortunately...

First thing I noticed between coh1 and 2 was just how sluggish it felt at first. So yeah, definitely seems to be their thing
2 Nov 2021, 23:15 PM
Donator 11

I think this happens if you manually attack a single unit out of its firing range. Could be wrong, but not doing this reduced this kind of bug. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★