Login

russian armor

Maxim machine gun OP

1 Oct 2021, 12:51 PM

I watched your replay and the allies played like dogshit, you basically won the game but you're still complaining.

Just wondering did the SOV used "Sustained Fire" ability? The ability kind of makes it almost good.
1 Oct 2021, 13:23 PM

all i can get from the replay is that Op play like shit.
1 Oct 2021, 13:31 PM

Watched the replay, the blob just keeps moving without attack move, and they stay so close to each other, so the suppression just keeps building up and spread to other troops. Totally normal here.
1 Oct 2021, 13:32 PM

I think he saw the following post and thought the dude is decent and knows anything about the game. And then he played accordingly and blobed into the maxim. His mistake i guess.

About the maxim: Its fine. Sure its not as good as the mg42 on the dmg and surpression part, but its durable and in the faction with the best and most flexible mainline inf (tied with Grens) + the best atgun (tied with pak40). Buff this unit and Sov will dumbster both okw and ost.

i dont understand your first part of the post tbh

about the maxim: I consider it kinda shitty but then again everyone has the same opinion, right up until talks of buffs occur. the only thing it has going for itself is the 6 man squad, which is already inherent for the faction's design, and then that argument goes into the water if you simply capture a decrewed MG/spawn a DSHK.

Just because sov has "good" infantry it doesn't mean that the machine gun should be artificially worse for the same price, wehrmacht has both good infantry and the best machine gun in the game. however i think that maxim start also hurts sov's early map presence and flexibility, and simply doesn't give back any benefits compared to if you just buy a maxim later
1 Oct 2021, 13:36 PM

Just wondering did the SOV used "Sustained Fire" ability? The ability kind of makes it almost good.

Surprisingly, no, SOV did not use the ability, didn't see it turn on at least
1 Oct 2021, 14:13 PM

You know, it's funny. Usually you don't see a single maxim being able to do its job against so much infantry. He didn't pop Sustained Fire. If only you had attack moved you could have easily deathlooped the Maxim. You have to work on your blobbing "skills" my friend.

Well that or try things like playing tactically and flanking the MG or even spreading out your troops.
1 Oct 2021, 21:01 PM

3 x Maxim is pretty cancerous

3 x any MG is pretty cancerous
2 Oct 2021, 01:37 AM

I would have kinda agreed with you if you were talking about the DSHKA, but that's doctrinal and has CP/doctrine requirements.

6-man team weapons basically have 50% more health, but stats-wise maxim is the worst of the lot. If you struggle against the maxim you're going to struggle against all HMGs, period. Definitely a perfect L2P clip lol.

Vickers has pretty bad suppression too, several times I ended up killing the model and the squad walks outside the arc without suppression, but at least Vickers has good arc, cancerous-trench synergy, and bleeds the enemy effectively.
3 Oct 2021, 10:07 AM

I've always thought MG's can deploy too fast, especially the MG42 for how effective its pinning power is. But thats me
4 Oct 2021, 22:19 PM

i dont care about the clip, but

I watched your replay and the allies played like dogshit, you basically won the game but you're still complaining.

You literally walked max range into a machine gun, didn't even FOCUS it first, didn't micro your units, you did nothing at all, bro what the fuck did you think was gonna happen?

You were also toxic to the enemy team in all chat by calling them "wannabe axis" because they cant mindlessly spam infantry and win games, unlike the actual axis factions

Nice one, dipshit

y do u not care about the old clip? so 5 IS deathblobbing a mg42 is fine while my squads getting suppressed by a mg is l2p issue? this is just clear bias
4 Oct 2021, 22:26 PM

Fully agree, Maxim is OP cause 6x crew (uber-survivability)mortars cant counter it, too fast changing sectors and nice suppresive fire. Needs to be nerfed, because Maxim spam really enrage me. Also ZIS cannon can support Maxims with artillery/AT
5 Oct 2021, 00:05 AM

y do u not care about the old clip? so 5 IS deathblobbing a mg42 is fine while my squads getting suppressed by a mg is l2p issue? this is just clear bias

it is, stop being retarded

thread should be locked
5 Oct 2021, 02:17 AM

Your deathblob got suppressed because you ran in a tight ball into the firing arc of the MG that has the worst suppression overall but the best AoE suppression. Literally an MG made to suppress blobs while marginally better than mediocre at its actual job.

Had you actually been playing like you had a plan, you might have decided to spread out your troops. In this manner, you could have easily killed the MG, because you had so many troops that it wouldn't have been able to suppress them all before bleeding all its models, or at least a sufficient amount to make the Soviet player retreat it. But you didn't do that, you sat there. And then after sitting there for a while you realized that there was an MG there and started firing at it. By then your troops were suppressed, so you weren't able to geek the Maxim from long range like usual any more.

And then you opened this thread.

Here's a hint: if you're going to blob your troops, don't bunch up in front of a maxim. Even if you think it's cute and you want to bm the opponent some more. Because the Maxim's only thing going for it is how well it suppresses blobs.
5 Oct 2021, 13:10 PM

the guy is most certainly a troll. Created a thread about how bad ST was, when it was one of the most broken things the game seen in years. And now Maxim, which arguably the worst HMG in the game. What's next? SU76 OP? Rear echelons OP? Or maybe M-42 "baby AT" OP?
Don't waste your time, guys.
5 Oct 2021, 13:54 PM

the guy is most certainly a troll. Created a thread about how bad ST was, when it was one of the most broken things the game seen in years. And now Maxim, which arguably the worst HMG in the game. What's next? SU76 OP? Rear echelons OP? Or maybe M-42 "baby AT" OP?
Don't waste your time, guys.

I don't know man. He goes to some pretty far lengths to play his character if he really is a troll.
5 Oct 2021, 15:33 PM

I don't know man. He goes to some pretty far lengths to play his character if he really is a troll.

from Australia, has a name of POTUS Donald Trump. Makes claims that are completely opposite to reality, has more that 2k games. I'm 99% sure he is one. Pretty sure he is crying out loud on how he baited the forum.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 635

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak