Login

russian armor

Conscripts sandbags

24 Sep 2021, 12:31 PM

What is the motivation behind the bigger sandbags for conscripts versus the smaller one all other factions have?

The smaller sandbags can easilier be placed next to world-objects while the conscript-sandbags require more room around it. No idea what the difference in stats is, but I'd prefer a swap to the smaller sandbags.
24 Sep 2021, 12:33 PM

What is the motivation behind the bigger sandbags for conscripts versus the smaller one all other factions have?

The smaller sandbags can easilier be placed next to world-objects while the conscript-sandbags require more room around it. No idea what the difference in stats is, but I'd prefer a swap to the smaller sandbags.

Not sure, but I think it has to do with the larger squad size and all models benefiting from cover while not clumping up.
24 Sep 2021, 12:34 PM

6 man (let alone 7) squad will not fit behind a normal sandbag and most cover objects. This results in a) easily picking off models and b) easily suppressing the whole squad. Thus a bigger sandbag is needed.
24 Sep 2021, 12:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

6-7 men Conscripts don't fit properly behind a small sandbag, that's why they get larger ones.

The big ones are indeed a bit tricky to janky to place sometimes, I agree. But overall I think that is okay.
24 Sep 2021, 15:00 PM

I get the bigger squad size, but in that case conscripts could easily build 2 smaller sandbags next to each other to creat the bigger cover position (don't know the buildtime difference between the 2, if any).

Just wanted to know if more people thought of the bigger sandbag as I do "Clunky".
26 Sep 2021, 05:59 AM

6-7 men Conscripts don't fit properly behind a small sandbag, that's why they get larger ones.

The big ones are indeed a bit tricky to janky to place sometimes, I agree. But overall I think that is okay.

You know a feature that I would love. Combat engie sandbags. They could make it so T1 is necessary for that. But still I would want a fast sandbag option.
26 Sep 2021, 20:12 PM

The number 6 is larger (bigger than) 5 or 4 (or 3,2,1).

I believe that your answer may be held within the enigma above.
28 Sep 2021, 04:48 AM

Volks bags can go right up against any cap point's centre. Cons ones often have to float away from it.

That's a bug, not a feature.
28 Sep 2021, 06:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Volks bags can go right up against any cap point's centre. Cons ones often have to float away from it.

That's a bug, not a feature.

There are other downsides to Conbags as well. For example the fact that you can't hide them behind path blockers means that they can be more easily crushed by tanks without the need to shoot at them.

There once was a thread that suggested to replace all sandbags with Conbags. To be honest I think I'd rather have that than the stupid "hide sandbags at every flag pole" nonsense.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★