Login

russian armor

OKW Pfaust

Pip
21 Jul 2021, 01:33 AM

Changing the timing of faust effects all game modes

Correct, but it's being talked about being changed for the benefit of 1v1 players, not for the benefit of team-game players (and the detriment of 1v1 players).

Also: Teamgames may be "popular", but they are not representative of high level play (As 1v1 is), and so are not anywhere near as relevant as 1v1, and balance should not be governed by teamgame efficacy if it would negatively impact 1v1s.
21 Jul 2021, 01:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2021, 22:31 PMSpoof

I've noticed that post-commander update there's been a lot more blobbing from all factions. Is this the meta now?

I think the HMG manual reload & HMG formation changes made it piss easy to use them against blobs, so I rly cant see how the amount of blobs should have spiked now suddenly because of a vet 2 ten second timer nerf on rocket arty as Xenarra suspects :rolleyes:

Personally I did not notice an increase of blobs
21 Jul 2021, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2021, 01:33 AMPip

Also: Teamgames may be "popular", but they are not representative of high level play (As 1v1 is), and so are not anywhere near as relevant as 1v1, and balance should not be governed by teamgame efficacy if it would negatively impact 1v1s.

2v2s can be plenty high level

With coh3 on the horizon there's no reason to ignore team games just to protect 1v1. At this point they should focus on whats more popular, the competitive scene is about to get a whole new game anyway
21 Jul 2021, 02:33 AM

I think the HMG manual reload & HMG formation changes made it piss easy to use them against blobs, so I rly cant see how the amount of blobs should have spiked now suddenly because of a vet 2 ten second timer nerf on rocket arty as Xenarra suspects :rolleyes:

I've mostly noticed it from Sov T1 and British sections/raid sections. USF seems to be the same as pre-patch really.
21 Jul 2021, 17:33 PM

You don't need snares to counter an m3
Pip
21 Jul 2021, 18:29 PM

2v2s can be plenty high level

With coh3 on the horizon there's no reason to ignore team games just to protect 1v1. At this point they should focus on whats more popular, the competitive scene is about to get a whole new game anyway

2v2s are certainly more able to support "Skillful" play than 3v3/4v4s, but still not really to the extent that 1v1s are.

3v3s and 4v4s are almost unsalvageable without a /severe/ rework of several systems, and a major rework of some factions/units to the point where it would be a totally different game (And unplayable in 1v1)

This isnt going to happen, even if Relic allowed the Balance Team to do so. There's far too much work involved.

With the overall lower level of skill of large teamgame players, balance changes (Unless they are very severe/sweeping) aren't even necessarily going to make much of a difference for them.
21 Jul 2021, 18:31 PM

Don't forget Calli-OP-no-more requiring more skill now :nahnah: Isn't it closer to 20-24s? As an aside, I have seen a dramatic drop in the no. of Calliope users in 3v3, many of which get VERY tense when an ausf J shows up.

EDIT: I do think the vet 2 nerf was necessary, the game was practically constant rocket arty at times in 3v3+.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★