Login

russian armor

OKW Pfaust

19 Jul 2021, 19:59 PM

Is it just me or does the OKW panzerfaust unlock too late? After the winter patch that split BG tech in half I've always been getting it down with the upgrade and unlocking panzerfausts at around 7:00. Pre-patch it was usually around 5-6 minutes. Especially with the Soviet T1 buff it makes clown cars even worse than they used to be. Unfortunately Fusiliers are no longer an option because of said T1 buff, since Penals will just rip them to shreds. Thoughts?
19 Jul 2021, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2021, 19:59 PMSpoof
Especially with the Soviet T1 buff it makes clown cars even worse than they used to be. Unfortunately Fusiliers are no longer an option because of said T1 buff, since Penals will just rip them to shreds. Thoughts?

Fusiliers are absolutely still an option. Use mg 34, penals cant do crap to it. And he wont have a mortar cuz he went t1

Mg34 comes out earlier because of bghq change, no reason not to use it
19 Jul 2021, 22:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2021, 19:59 PMSpoof
Is it just me or does the OKW panzerfaust unlock too late? After the winter patch that split BG tech in half I've always been getting it down with the upgrade and unlocking panzerfausts at around 7:00. Pre-patch it was usually around 5-6 minutes. Especially with the Soviet T1 buff it makes clown cars even worse than they used to be. Unfortunately Fusiliers are no longer an option because of said T1 buff, since Penals will just rip them to shreds. Thoughts?

I despise this answer, but blobbing unfortunately is rather effective. Shooting from cover you can force them into stalemates and buy time. Absolutely cannot let a clown car chase a squad towards your base. I've tried a fast raketen if they go double clown car but it has mixed results. All in all, going for that Flak HT ASAP and luring the (then presumably PTRS)car to its death seems to work reasonably well.
19 Jul 2021, 22:31 PM

I despise this answer, but blobbing unfortunately is rather effective. Shooting from cover you can force them into stalemates and buy time.

I've noticed that post-commander update there's been a lot more blobbing from all factions. Is this the meta now?
19 Jul 2021, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2021, 22:31 PMSpoof

I've noticed that post-commander update there's been a lot more blobbing from all factions. Is this the meta now?

I'm not sure blobbing ever left the meta tbh but you're far from the only one to have told me that, albeit after the Winter patch. I think it all really kicked off though after the rocket vet arty nerf and it became much harder to just click away a blob every time it showed up.

OKW must blob vs SOV T1 or risk a squad picked off imho, learnt that the hard way with Artem. Pzfusilier blob is as daunting to deal with as ever. UKF IS blob became more viable imho as sapper is T0 now and you have lower chance of a LV raping your entire army with zero threat. USF blob, as I've been complaining for years, is USF things. Then (for Axis) many USF players became afraid to use the Calliope because it requires care now as opposed to in-your-face-ignore-AT memes. I think the last one is prob the greatest contributor to the increasing Axis blobs.
20 Jul 2021, 00:05 AM

OKW must blob vs SOV T1 or risk a squad picked off imho, learnt that the hard way with Artem. Pzfusilier blob is as daunting to deal with as ever.

Yeah, I'm learning this hard way as I type this. I keep getting raped by Penal blobs that Volks and MGs can't do anything about. Oh well. Time to blob as well I suppose.
20 Jul 2021, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2021, 00:05 AMSpoof

Yeah, I'm learning this hard way as I type this. I keep getting raped by Penal blobs that Volks and MGs can't do anything about. Oh well. Time to blob as well I suppose.

If you can, the flak HT will shut down even PTRS penals if you give them a spotter (45 range vs 40) and once suppressed they can't do anything. A full burst and there's suppression everywhere, esp if very tightly packed. I had a lot of success with this build vs ppl on Fields of Winnekendonk. Once the clown car is gone, you can wreck them really hard. Of course if you lose it.... Generally you force them to do two things -> backtech to T2, in which case you will murder them in the tech race or -> T3 with no anti MG tools and walked off the map meanwhile.

Still, blobbing's only really a temporary solution unless you really outnumber them a lot. Penals will still beat your volks, esp from behind cover flame nades or not. Many such players I've found progress to Guards and/or the new MG bunker as well, so blobbing's even less palatable.
20 Jul 2021, 03:05 AM

I keep Elite Armor in my loadout to counter Soviet Tier 1 opens (primarily if Clown Car is giving me trouble). Most people don't realize that after the M3 armor nerf that 221 absolutely dumpsters it - you just have to be wary of PTRS penals after your shock value wears off.
20 Jul 2021, 03:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2021, 00:05 AMSpoof

The mg34 is great against penals what are you talkin about? No smoke, no hoorah, satchel is short range, and t1 means no mortar

If you had any games as soviets you would realize how much worse their MG is

A blob can melt it if it has no support, but that happen to every MG in the game
20 Jul 2021, 05:00 AM

The mg34 is great against penals what are you talkin about? No smoke, no hoorah, satchel is short range, and t1 means no mortar

If you had any games as soviets you would realize how much worse their MG is

A blob can melt it if it has no support, but that happen to every MG in the game

I didn't mean Penal blobs specifically, any blob can shut down MGs if big enough. Also the MG34 arrives too late in 1v1 for it to matter because by the 7 minute mark if you fucked up as OKW versus Soviets you already lost.
20 Jul 2021, 05:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2021, 05:00 AMSpoof

I didn't mean Penal blobs specifically, any blob can shut down MGs if big enough. Also the MG34 arrives too late in 1v1 for it to matter because by the 7 minute mark if you fucked up as OKW versus Soviets you already lost.

It doesnt come too late if you go battlegroup imo. You dont need any of the bghq upgrades for it, just the structure
20 Jul 2021, 05:59 AM

It doesnt come too late if you go battlegroup imo. You dont need any of the bghq upgrades for it, just the structure

If you go a standard 4x Volks/Fusiliers start you're going to be hard pressed for manpower because Penals are brutal. If you only get 3 mainlines its a question of whether or not you can hold (and its not in your favor). Frankly the only thing that can get you out of the chokehold is a Flak HT rush.
20 Jul 2021, 07:02 AM

OKW Panzerfaust's problem is that the timing is too late and the range is too short
20 Jul 2021, 07:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2021, 05:59 AMSpoof

If you only get 3 mainlines its a question of whether or not you can hold (and its not in your favor). Frankly the only thing that can get you out of the chokehold is a Flak HT rush.

You talkin 1v1 only? Cuz this isn't true at all in team games
20 Jul 2021, 16:26 PM

Faust should simply be available earlier (first truck built probably).

If there was need for it RW could be locked behind first truck
Pip
20 Jul 2021, 16:40 PM

Teamgames aren't really meaningful when talking about balance, is the thing. Discussion defaults to 1v1s unless otherwise stated.
20 Jul 2021, 17:57 PM

Yes. I wouldn't be complaining about blobbing and the clown car so much if it wasn't about 1v1s only. 1v1 used to be the only game mode where you didn't see blobbing everywhere but now everybody I've seen blobs all the time (surprisingly USF blobs the least now from my experience).
20 Jul 2021, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2021, 16:40 PMPip

Teamgames aren't really meaningful when talking about balance, is the thing. Discussion defaults to 1v1s unless otherwise stated.

This is just nonsense. THe recent patches have clearly takin team games into account

Why else nerf jaeger armor then hmmm??? Its a useless commander in 1v1, and yet it just got nerfed. Balance team has takin team games into acount for a while now
Pip
20 Jul 2021, 19:52 PM

This is just nonsense. THe recent patches have clearly takin team games into account

Why else nerf jaeger armor then hmmm??? Its a useless commander in 1v1, and yet it just got nerfed. Balance team has takin team games into acount for a while now
\

Let me rephrase, then.

Teamgames are not meaningful in terms of balance, when talking about units/changes to units that would primarily affect 1v1s.

Teamgames are inherently imbalanced, and the balance team will be very unlikely to make changes to units that are used frequently in 1v1s, to benefit teamgames in a way that would negatively affect 1v1s.

Jaeger Armour, as you say, was not used in 1v1s.
21 Jul 2021, 00:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2021, 19:52 PMPip
\

Let me rephrase, then.

Teamgames are not meaningful in terms of balance, when talking about units/changes to units that would primarily affect 1v1s.

Changing the timing of faust effects all game modes

We even had a patch within the last year or two that was basically focused on team games

The "1v1 is only thing that matters" crap is gone. Team games are more popular and a much larger % of the community plays them (and not just cuz there's 3 team modes vs 1)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★