Login

russian armor

Current 2v2 meta

17 Jul 2021, 19:45 PM

In 2v2, this is the worst meta I have ever experienced since picking up the game in 2013. Nowadays, in mid-level coh games it is just about literally blobbing every unit you have. There is absolutely no skill involved and it is super effective. It is borderline retarded how stupid and unfun the game is at the moment. And the worst is that top 200 players do exactly the same. You have no early engagements anymore as every player just gathers 3-4 units right from the start and then blobs somewhere. It is frustrating and horrendous to play.
17 Jul 2021, 23:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2021, 19:45 PMGarrett
In 2v2, this is the worst meta I have ever experienced since picking up the game in 2013. Nowadays, in mid-level coh games it is just about literally blobbing every unit you have. There is absolutely no skill involved and it is super effective. It is borderline retarded how stupid and unfun the game is at the moment. And the worst is that top 200 players do exactly the same. You have no early engagements anymore as every player just gathers 3-4 units right from the start and then blobs somewhere. It is frustrating and horrendous to play.

the rule of thumb (and the game) is that more forces beat less forces

If only there was a team weapon capable of doing suppression to clustered enemy forces...that actually aimed at enemy infantry and didn't wait 2 seconds to do so, lol
18 Jul 2021, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2021, 23:19 PMKatukov

the rule of thumb (and the game) is that more forces beat less forces

If only there was a team weapon capable of doing suppression to clustered enemy forces...that actually aimed at enemy infantry and didn't wait 2 seconds to do so, lol

You mean if there were any counter to a blob that isn't countered by the very thing it is supposed to fight? Especially with the Maxim I want to see anyone fight a good ol' OKW blob KEK
18 Jul 2021, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2021, 01:01 AMGarrett

You mean if there were any counter to a blob that isn't countered by the very thing it is supposed to fight? Especially with the Maxim I want to see anyone fight a good ol' OKW blob KEK

That piece of shit gives yellow suppression to a single volks squad and then dies off in 3 seconds.

literally no allied MG at vet 0 is good against blobs KEK
either they have no suppression, or have a limited firing arc (flank fiesta), or they are the maxim and have both flaws and literally no upside whatsoever. God, i pity whoever uses the maxim, your axis buddies pay the same amount for a very superior machine gun, while even your 300 mp, 2 cp, doctrinal MG isn't even better than the 42.
24 Jul 2021, 02:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2021, 01:29 AMKatukov

That piece of shit gives yellow suppression to a single volks squad and then dies off in 3 seconds.

literally no allied MG at vet 0 is good against blobs KEK
either they have no suppression, or have a limited firing arc (flank fiesta), or they are the maxim and have both flaws and literally no upside whatsoever. God, i pity whoever uses the maxim, your axis buddies pay the same amount for a very superior machine gun, while even your 300 mp, 2 cp, doctrinal MG isn't even better than the 42.

Every time I think to myself: well, I need an MG, how bad can the Maxim be. And it turns out that this MG can be really really fucking bad. Basically every time I build that pos, it turns out to be a grave mistake. Even floating MP would help you more than this crap. It just shows that the balance team has no idea what they are doing, taking away every bit of uniqueness (Maxim with fast setup times but small arc) and making these units just unbearably worse (or buffing other units to levels previously unknown to mankind...)
24 Jul 2021, 05:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2021, 02:18 AMGarrett

Every time I think to myself: well, I need an MG, how bad can the Maxim be. And it turns out that this MG can be really really fucking bad. Basically every time I build that pos, it turns out to be a grave mistake. Even floating MP would help you more than this crap. It just shows that the balance team has no idea what they are doing, taking away every bit of uniqueness (Maxim with fast setup times but small arc) and making these units just unbearably worse (or buffing other units to levels previously unknown to mankind...)

The maxim doesn't do any better in 3v3's. I started getting a lot better results by doing either 4 con starts or 3cons and second engie. The setup time was nerfed to match the MG42. The arc is about 90 versus 120? for either of the Axis MG's. It might not sound like a huge difference, but it often takes 2 maxims to cover what 1 MG42 covers. A MG42 will suppress more or less instantly but the maxim can have units walk through the arc and often not suppress.

Overall, the balance doesn't seem that bad unless you're playing in the Sturmtiger league (4v4), just don't get maxims and outblob with Cons or Penals.
24 Jul 2021, 09:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2021, 02:18 AMGarrett

the infinite cycle:

Soviet player wants MG ---> wants to buy maxim ---> uses maxim ---> maxim inevitably fails where a stolen axis MG wouldn't ---> try to steal machine guns ---> inevitably enter time where you cant steal a machine gun ---> Soviet player wants a machine gun...

Also fuck the arc of fire on the maxim lol, at least give us the MG-42 arc
25 Jul 2021, 22:07 PM

Why are you using Maxims anyway? Why wouldn't you just make 4 x Penal Battalion and blob them back? Throw in a flamer or two, get some shock troops?

Would you rather seem Maxim buff and go back to the old days of Maxim spam? Surely, you must agree that was cancer. Why wouldn't you simply just get a AA HT as well.

Your issue really just sounds like L2P, to be honest.
25 Jul 2021, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2021, 01:01 AMGarrett

if you struggle to pull off HMGs vs blobs now after the manual reload and the new crew formation change then idk what to say man

HMG out in the open (new formation) or in green cover wins easy vs a blob. Just stay away from yellow cover fences. They make your HMG clumped up with very little durability bonus in return
26 Jul 2021, 06:43 AM

if you struggle to pull off HMGs vs blobs now after the manual reload and the new crew formation change then idk what to say man

HMG out in the open (new formation) or in green cover wins easy vs a blob. Just stay away from yellow cover fences. They make your HMG clumped up with very little durability bonus in return

That's not true.
26 Jul 2021, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2021, 06:43 AMEsxile

That's not true.

Thank you for your detailed analysis
26 Jul 2021, 11:20 AM

Thank you for your detailed analysis

The Maxim can barely hold 1 squad charging frontally, so 2 squads or more aren't going to be stopped.

OKW blob with a pair of Obers in the mix will simply decrew your teamweapon before suppression apply, in fact once vet2 Obers, even alone, will almost always win vs HMG unlike behind green cover. (the contrary to what you propose)

Pair of Para LMG are also able to decrew an HMG before it suppress. Ans obviously once your dual BARs your rifles they most likely going to brute force an HMG frontally.

A blob of 3 LMG gren is also able to take on a HMG.

And that's probably also the case for UKF in some way but I never play them.

Now there are blob and blob, but the game is old enough for the majority of players on the top200 to at least know how to focus fire the gunner. Then with minimum micro you can spread your units a bit for maximum effect.

26 Jul 2021, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2021, 11:20 AMEsxile

The Maxim can barely hold 1 squad charging frontally, so 2 squads or more aren't going to be stopped.

All MGs in CoH2 have massive accuracy & suppression bonuses the more enemy squads are grouped together.

3 Squads get suppressed almost twice as fast as 2 squads, 4 squads almost twice as fast as 3 squads and so on
26 Jul 2021, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2021, 11:20 AMEsxile

OKW blob with a pair of Obers in the mix will simply decrew your teamweapon before suppression apply, in fact once vet2 Obers, even alone, will almost always win vs HMG unlike behind green cover. (the contrary to what you propose)

Pair of Para LMG are also able to decrew an HMG before it suppress. Ans obviously once your dual BARs your rifles they most likely going to brute force an HMG frontally.

A blob of 3 LMG gren is also able to take on a HMG.

And that's probably also the case for UKF in some way but I never play them.

Now there are blob and blob, but the game is old enough for the majority of players on the top200 to at least know how to focus fire the gunner. Then with minimum micro you can spread your units a bit for maximum effect.

yea, if the MG is on its own, which is never the case in teamgames. If you get half your inf blob pinned while decrewing the mg the opponents inf should just overrun you. Or another MG should support.
26 Jul 2021, 13:32 PM

All MGs in CoH2 have massive accuracy & suppression bonuses the more enemy squads are grouped together.

3 Squads get suppressed almost twice as fast as 2 squads, 4 squads almost twice as fast as 3 squads and so on

Depend if the other squads are inside the cone of fire. It is significantly easier to "flank" a Maxim than a HMG42, even with a blob.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2021, 12:07 PMGiaA

yea, if the MG is on its own, which is never the case in teamgames. If you get half your inf blob pinned while decrewing the mg the opponents inf should just overrun you. Or another MG should support.

If your blob is pinned then the HMG did its job, but I wasn't referring to that situation, I'm talking about cases when the gunner died before being able to suppress anything which is quite common past a certain time for multiple reasons. And yeah if you have your own blob around you may take advantage of the situation, otherwise even having a unit in support isn't going to make any difference.
27 Jul 2021, 03:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2021, 09:26 AMKatukov

Also fuck the arc of fire on the maxim lol, at least give us the MG-42 arc

I would rather see the DHSK be similar to the MG-42 so that it can be something different besides a Maxim that does damage.
27 Jul 2021, 11:52 AM

I would rather see the DHSK be similar to the MG-42 so that it can be something different besides a Maxim that does damage.

yeah except the lelic(tm) devs, in their infinite wisdom, made the DSHK arguably inferior to the MG-42, despite the DSHK costing 300 manpower, well, it will be until they give us the 120 degree arc of fire
27 Jul 2021, 12:20 PM

yeah..but dont forgett to give OKW a proper anti MG mechanic early game. WHy USF got mortar and smoke early...OKW got nothing to deal with mg spam. and no...kubel and flank isnt working vs smart ppl
27 Jul 2021, 13:35 PM

no, the double t34/85 vs 2 tigers Meta + the Tiger Ace times were the worst
27 Jul 2021, 15:57 PM

yeah..but dont forgett to give OKW a proper anti MG mechanic early game. WHy USF got mortar and smoke early...OKW got nothing to deal with mg spam. and no...kubel and flank isnt working vs smart ppl

the flamenmeme volks nade
leig 18
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
Peru 14
United Kingdom 44
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #