Login

russian armor

Hold the Line deleting squads

16 Jul 2021, 01:04 AM

I think it's time that this ability was discussed. The video says plenty, was sent to me from a teammate with a brief description, "in this game two players where using it and it was on almost half of the time". 70s active, about 170s CD. I was on the left/middle for this match but was confused by right side crumbling so much against lower rank players in MAKO.

To sum up: This ability is clearly too lethal against inf squads and I recommend its lethality be turned down. In at least two recorded instances, the player's squad was gone before the flares had finished dying out. Especially at 150 muni, it simply becomes gamebreaking in larger modes imho and I'm surprised that it's not being abused constantly

Additionally, attacking on the other side of the map, you may be unaware of this ability being active (or even chosen!) and dodging the flare turns out to just gets your squads killed.

What's the counterplay? Not capping enemy territories? Anything except extremely quick retreats gets your squad gone. Every flare invites suspicion of HTL active. Can't dodge auto-target abilities.
16 Jul 2021, 11:27 AM

its comes way to fast....the first shells arive 1sec after dropping red flares. Its bugged or somehting....or an other OP biased decision from allies lover devs.
16 Jul 2021, 11:38 AM

Lost my full health panzergrens to it.
Didn't evensee whwt happened. I turned 2 seconds and they disappeared. Then i moticed the plane
16 Jul 2021, 12:12 PM

what do you expect its from the disgusting faction british...
16 Jul 2021, 12:56 PM

Reminds me of coh1 patch 1.6 strafing run, at least then you got a free gren squad from the medic bunker though lol
16 Jul 2021, 13:16 PM

This ability has barely worked since UKF released lul.
It's either still bugged or sleeper OP since it was finally fixed
16 Jul 2021, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2021, 12:12 PMLMAO
what do you expect its from the disgusting faction british...

Sector Artillery? Close the pocket? :huhsign:
16 Jul 2021, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2021, 13:57 PMPorygon

mhh for real ?, hold the line has more delay and require some deep set-ups and u can stop it by recaping too
16 Jul 2021, 15:26 PM

Working as intended
16 Jul 2021, 15:57 PM

Perhaps, don't stand in the red smoke?
16 Jul 2021, 19:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The activation is not the flares dropping but the minimap territories changing colors.
17 Jul 2021, 02:05 AM

wow affected so much LUL hold the line is cheaper than sector artillery with better or same results. Close the pocket requires you to be a noob to work.

why do you even bring german abilities on the topic? stop being an easily hurt allied boi
17 Jul 2021, 04:52 AM

its comes way to fast....the first shells arive 1sec after dropping red flares. Its bugged or somehting....or an other OP biased decision from allies lover devs.

Ofc the plane will come fast following the red smoke, since at that time the ability has active for like 20s. You have to pay attention to the tactical map and enemy troop to notice the activation of the ability, aka minimap change color and troop have Buff state indicator. If you dont pay attention and messing around in the enemy ground for the whole 20s, then you deserve to be straffed.

L2P before complain. Ost Sector arty work similar, allies player have to notice from minmap or get shelled.
17 Jul 2021, 12:10 PM

Ofc the plane will come fast following the red smoke, since at that time the ability has active for like 20s. You have to pay attention to the tactical map and enemy troop to notice the activation of the ability, aka minimap change color and troop have Buff state indicator. If you dont pay attention and messing around in the enemy ground for the whole 20s, then you deserve to be straffed.

L2P before complain. Ost Sector arty work similar, allies player have to notice from minmap or get shelled.

Sector Artillery requires the target to be sighted in the territory for a long time before it ramps up and starts deleting stuff. HTL deletes squads within a few seconds of being sighted on friendly frontline territory. You have clearly missed this fact from the video. Even the last bit of the video the targeted squads ONLY became targeted after sighted on that strategic point.
17 Jul 2021, 16:23 PM

Sector Artillery requires the target to be sighted in the territory for a long time before it ramps up and starts deleting stuff. HTL deletes squads within a few seconds of being sighted on friendly frontline territory. You have clearly missed this fact from the video. Even the last bit of the video the targeted squads ONLY became targeted after sighted on that strategic point.

I mostly play allies, so I dont really have much experience dealing with HTL, but with your video, it looks pretty disgusting. That being said, I don't think Either HTL or Secter arti should exist, but HTL shouldnt exist the mostest. Both are lazy area denial tools that basically are "haha I clicked a button and you dont get to play the game and capture VPs for a minute!" which just gets abused, especially in larger modes where you see these mass desperate pushes for the VPS and people dying for the points to squeeze out the last remaining VPs. Both are far too spammable, and are often the deciding factor in games when they have absolutely no right to be.

Hell, I'd honestly also lump Sector Assault with those two since its gigantic and takes forever to shoot down with even mass AA
18 Jul 2021, 19:28 PM

psa: HTL costs 250 muni

And, as you can see in the video, the ability was active for over 10 to 15 seconds by the time the squad jumped into the kill zone
18 Jul 2021, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2021, 19:28 PMKatukov
psa: HTL costs 250 muni

And, as you can see in the video, the ability was active for over 10 to 15 seconds by the time the squad jumped into the kill zone

It is 150 muni.

Yes and you can chain the ability very easily with a friend, resulting in up to 82% uptime. The ability is a two stage process. These guys in the video did that, though thankfully myself and the other left person had rolled their teammates. Clicking the button sets the 2nd stage to active - then anything sighted within single digit seconds on territory is deleted, before the flares even fade out. There is no other ability that has such lethality, speed and auto-targets. Strafing runs can be dodged and zeroing/Sector Assault/Sector Artillery circles can be walked out of whilst taking your sweet time about it.

I mostly play allies, so I dont really have much experience dealing with HTL, but with your video, it looks pretty disgusting. That being said, I don't think Either HTL or Secter arti should exist, but HTL shouldnt exist the mostest. Both are lazy area denial tools that basically are "haha I clicked a button and you dont get to play the game and capture VPs for a minute!" which just gets abused, especially in larger modes where you see these mass desperate pushes for the VPS and people dying for the points to squeeze out the last remaining VPs. Both are far too spammable, and are often the deciding factor in games when they have absolutely no right to be.

Hell, I'd honestly also lump Sector Assault with those two since its gigantic and takes forever to shoot down with even mass AA

Well I don't know how some other people can justify the video tbh, but I think I've made the point. I agree that they are lazy area denial tools and I suspect that they're mainly behind very specific (meh) commanders (and 4v4 mainly) that they aren't considered a bigger problem.

Sector Assault did get nerfed last patch but all three require a minimum of ramping up on the target once sighted imho. To that end SA sort of gets that right as you don't get vehicles deleted in single digit seconds and really have to sit there and thumb your nose at the planes for a very long time before they actually kill a full hp medium/TD. I am not a fan of Sector Artillery either but I don't play OST much. There's also the matter that those two only work for one sector at most (roughly) whereas HTL affects all frontline sectors.
18 Jul 2021, 21:40 PM

LMFAO.

in all honesty. if you going to look at that abilty then also do something about assualt artillery cancer
19 Jul 2021, 00:20 AM

yea when i seen this i thought the same. sector wipe to if u stand there but u have to stand there a little longer then the straf. the thing about the straf is it comes 1 time and u have to make sure u keep moving tho or that first burst will kill u. if u move ull be fine but u have to retreat after that. close the pocket yea can delete everything in seconds also. aa kills those hold the line planes really easy though and will rank u up. im suprised players kept on goin in the defended zones. knowing holdtheline is active. that was noob asf tho
19 Jul 2021, 00:22 AM

this ability is op like a few other abilitys. sturmtiger goliath...stuka alot of lame units in this game
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 644

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak