Login

russian armor

Hold the Line deleting squads

19 Jul 2021, 18:31 PM

Yeap, this thing is broken. Just tested it. It only works if enemy is on the frontline sector though. Planes appear almost instantly and the damage is abysmal. I actually wondering if the damage is higher then with simple anti-infantry strafe...AAaand you pay only 150 munies for that lol
19 Jul 2021, 19:39 PM

Yeap, this thing is broken. Just tested it. It only works if enemy is on the frontline sector though. Planes appear almost instantly and the damage is abysmal. I actually wondering if the damage is higher then with simple anti-infantry strafe...AAaand you pay only 150 munies for that lol
i just actually tested this ability in like 15 games spamming it. and while this thread maker shows only the strafs that did well. from my experience they dont come instantly. everyone agreeing with him is just agreeing and have no experience with this. it actually takes like 20-30 secs while active already for the first straf to arrive. u have 30 secs to look at the territory to make sure u dont go inside of it. u get 30 secs warning not to enter anyone who enters the territory were either noob or made a mistake not seeing the zone warning. also it dont wipe units in 1 run. only if stand in the flare and dont move it will most likely kill units if they are blobbed. if they are spread out they wont kill. if u keep moving they will miss and "maybe" pinn u. the rocket strafe always misses tanks dont fear unless u literally stand there. if moving ull be fine. this ability isnt as op as i thought from just watching the video. after using this ability like 40 times yesterday i came to the conclusion the ability is fine. not op. gives a 30 sec warning basically and if u always moving ur fine.
19 Jul 2021, 20:05 PM

The activation is not the flares dropping but the minimap territories changing colors.

At the very least then the ability should communicate clearer to players that the flares are for the sub-strafes of the ability and not for activation as a whole.
19 Jul 2021, 20:06 PM

Well if you get caught the ability will follow you back to base and can wipe your infantry in the base. I had that happen once in a 1v1, but it was pre-patch so it might have been fixed.
20 Jul 2021, 08:05 AM

i just actually tested this ability in like 15 games spamming it. and while this thread maker shows only the strafs that did well. from my experience they dont come instantly. everyone agreeing with him is just agreeing and have no experience with this. it actually takes like 20-30 secs while active already for the first straf to arrive. u have 30 secs to look at the territory to make sure u dont go inside of it. u get 30 secs warning not to enter anyone who enters the territory were either noob or made a mistake not seeing the zone warning. also it dont wipe units in 1 run. only if stand in the flare and dont move it will most likely kill units if they are blobbed. if they are spread out they wont kill. if u keep moving they will miss and "maybe" pinn u. the rocket strafe always misses tanks dont fear unless u literally stand there. if moving ull be fine. this ability isnt as op as i thought from just watching the video. after using this ability like 40 times yesterday i came to the conclusion the ability is fine. not op. gives a 30 sec warning basically and if u always moving ur fine.

the flare is purely cosmetic, because the plane hits almost instantly after it being dropped. Not sure what reaction times and movement speed on units you need to have to dodge this. Also what if your units are already damaged? Just think about it. The grens in the video had ~85% left and still got vaporized.
20 Jul 2021, 11:28 AM

The video shouldn't even be necessary to make this point. Auto-targeting abilities are dumb. End of story. There's so many of them in this game, at this point I'm just hoping they don't make it to coh3

The minimap does provide more advanced warning for HTL, but that isn't even close to enough to make it balanced

Just depresses me that people defend certain auto-targets but criticize this. Gtfo. They're all dumb, stop justifying one over the other. Close the pocket, SA, p47s, etc. they're all stupid
20 Jul 2021, 14:50 PM

So Hold the line finally works as intended and now stupid people are running into it getting wiped and screaming for a nerf lol
20 Jul 2021, 18:02 PM

So Hold the line finally works as intended and now stupid people are running into it getting wiped and screaming for a nerf lol

It shouldn't be working as intended. It's a 1 click force retreat button across the entire map, and you see it in every game mode now. AT least you can shoot down the AT loiters, my Flak HT won't do shit against HTL.
20 Jul 2021, 18:57 PM

After reading this thread I wanted to try out Hold the Line to see how OP it is.

I closely monitored the damage done by the planes and for some reason, it did like 30% of the damage compared to this video. Very weird. Sometimes the strafe totally missed as well.
21 Jul 2021, 07:08 AM

THis ability is fine, at most they should just make the minimap warning brighter. slighly longer cooldown maybe

Used it twice since update and neither time was it as effeective as in the video. It did good in the video, but i dont see how OP. IF you see the minimap you shouldn't go there
21 Jul 2021, 15:15 PM

Main issue with the ability is that there is plane for each target making AA unable to counter the ability.

It also provides defensive bonuses unlike other "similar" abilities.
21 Jul 2021, 18:52 PM

It has occurred to me that there was a possibility both players had HTL active at the same time and that might have been behind the lethality. Cannot confirm this theory at this time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★