Login

russian armor

Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
22 Nov 2013, 21:38 PM

I thought they removed incremental damage on the strafe, since now a single gren squad looses 1-2 guys, and when there are multiple they each loose around the same number each, because from what I remember a single squad would get insta killed, while multiple squads hardly took damage.

An innate part of how Strafe worked was that the fewer targets were available, the more shots they took. By turning all Strafe's damage into incremental accuracy, we basically invert that behavior. If there are no other targets around to share the damage, you won't be hit.

Basically as squad members die, the damage Strafe does drops off exponentially so the whole squad will almost never be wiped. Unless you're on top of another squad anyway.
22 Nov 2013, 22:06 PM

They reduced the multipliers but didn't remove them entirely if I remember correctly.

Actually as stated above but to clarify.

Base damage of strafe was lowered a lot.
Incremental accuracy increased a lot. => good vs groups of targets (blobs), but because base damage of strafin run was lowered, it's worse vs single targets.

The target table multipliers that were changed were vs Snipers and Soldier armor. (pg's)
23 Nov 2013, 07:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 22:02 PMTommy

- Strafe has been reverted to regular damage, incremental accuracy and search radius but can no longer be used in a HQ sector

Aaah cmon I loved doing that :(

:lol:
23 Nov 2013, 13:56 PM
Patrion 14

I think i installed the EliteMod, but im not sure.. How can i see if i installed it? On the bottom of the start screen i see 2.700.1.
23 Nov 2013, 18:26 PM

You could check the reinforce cost of Rifles. Should be 24 if it's working.
23 Nov 2013, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 18:26 PMKolaris
You could check the reinforce cost of Rifles. Should be 24 if it's working.

I've sent that to his steam a while a go, he should see it next time he plays.
23 Nov 2013, 21:45 PM

What do you guys think about Infantry Doctrine: Rapid Response?

You can build what? Rifles or snipers like 8 seconds faster?

Until I get that 1 cp I already have 3 Rifles out, which means it basically gets me 1 rifle and maybe some later Infantry a few seconds earlier.

Most of the games people do the artillery tree, which makes you get it at 6 cp giving exactly no advantage at all.

Compared to other 1 cp abilities like ftf,zeal,recon etc its pretty much bullshit and only used in high ress noob games.

It should get a change.
23 Nov 2013, 21:48 PM

What do you guys think about Infantry Doctrine: Rapid Response?

You can build what? Rifles or snipers like 8 seconds faster?

Until I get that 1 cp I already have 3 Rifles out, which means it basically gets me 1 rifle and maybe some later Infantry a few seconds earlier.

Most of the games people do the artillery tree, which makes you get it at 6 cp giving exactly no advantage at all.

Compared to other 1 cp abilities like ftf,zeal,recon etc its pretty much bullshit and only used in high ress noob games.

It should get a change.

Also makes you reinforce a lot faster though.
23 Nov 2013, 22:19 PM

Permanently Banned
And the goliath doesn't crit vehicles at all. So what should we do, change everything? We should remake coh and sell it.
23 Nov 2013, 22:22 PM
Coder Red Badge

It makes snipers build ridiculously fast and it's a good situational ability. Not everything can be super useful. It has its niche.
23 Nov 2013, 23:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2013, 08:10 AM12ocky

Besides that I would also give KCH a small buff for example. They are a natural lategame counter to the Sniper. But they are walking delicious XP points for riflemen, and if riflemen kill a couple of them they are vet 3 terminators before you know it. That's why I would lower the XP the death of a KCH grants.

I think maybe adding a better grenade for the KCH would do just fine, since you shouldn't ever use kch with no vet vs bar rifleman with vet, also the name would give them the upper hand in combat.
24 Nov 2013, 01:18 AM

Rapid response is fine. Its core interest is not to deploy rifles faster but to redeploy rifles faster, which is way different.
If you have a good 200 mp in reserve after a draw fight, you'll get back way faster on the field than the werh player.
24 Nov 2013, 03:28 AM

Had my first look at Rapid Response. Couple oddities.

First, it reduces FHQ cost by 25% and upgrade time by 50%. 6 years of CoH and I had 0 clue it did that. I actually tried it in game and it's true.

Second, MGs and Mortars do not have their reinforce time reduced like Rifles do. The WSC gets a 50% production boost, while Rifle "time cost" is directly lowered (because the Barracks has to build Jeeps and research upgrades on the side).

Second one could be considered a bug and get fixed.
24 Nov 2013, 12:21 PM
Patrion 14

I've sent that to his steam a while a go, he should see it next time he plays.

:) Thanks for the fast answers Kolaris and Oktarnash! I appreciate that!
24 Nov 2013, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 03:28 AMKolaris
Had my first look at Rapid Response. Couple oddities.

First, it reduces FHQ cost by 25% and upgrade time by 50%. 6 years of CoH and I had 0 clue it did that. I actually tried it in game and it's true.

Second, MGs and Mortars do not have their reinforce time reduced like Rifles do. The WSC gets a 50% production boost, while Rifle "time cost" is directly lowered (because the Barracks has to build Jeeps and research upgrades on the side).

Second one could be considered a bug and get fixed.

But tbh, it still works all fine. I don't see a need to like improve it, because it offers a decent amount of utility.

Btw: anybody up for a game?
24 Nov 2013, 16:56 PM

I have no plans to change Rapid Response, it's a well balanced and well used ability. I reject any notion that it's some kind of scrub ability for this reason:
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 22:22 PMInverse
It makes snipers build ridiculously fast and it's a good situational ability. Not everything can be super useful. It has its niche.

24 Nov 2013, 17:58 PM

What do you guys think about the flamer HT? Currently nobody is building it in a 1v1.
Somehow it sucks against infantry despite its corsix stats and just does not scale enough.
If you get a Puma instead, you can kill infantry out of range of the sticky and can be upgraded to counter armor. Puma is also more mobile.
Afaik, you ugprade the HT together with LMG for grens in terror and def doc, when you have doctrinal AT.
The only time i used the flamer HT successfully was to defend the flak88. In an offensive manouver it easily gets destroyed.

I wanted to throw an idea in, which came into my mind while thinking about this problem:
What about granting another upgrade to the HT or replacing the flamer version. There was a HT version with the 7.5stubby gun of the PE panzerIV called sdkfz.251/9, which would fit to the gameplay:

If it is unlocked with tier3 (same as FlamerHT) it would be able to fight infantry out of sticky range, counter the M8, but would still be very vulnerable to flanks and would still be inferior to the Puma, because of no turret and worse mobility.
Then you have another option for an armoured AI vehicle besides Puma.
24 Nov 2013, 18:11 PM

Yeah, plus the fact that flames aren't that reliable vs americans i think this is a good idea.
Although the m8 would be at a disadvantage, since you don't need to go T3 for a stuf or puma if you want a mobile finisher.
24 Nov 2013, 18:39 PM

You would still need to go to tier3 to unlock it. :P
Also as i pointed out, its still inferior to a Puma or a Stug.
24 Nov 2013, 18:47 PM

Permanently Banned
wow new units already. how about just buff the flammenwerfer of it needs.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS