Login

russian armor

Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
21 Nov 2013, 21:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Just buff that damn quad a little. You're all crying out that wehr is raping face. Well do something about it. With a viable quad you can keep the presense on the field longer, reinforcing. Just a thought, we're in the beta right, lets test this.

PS: The AI is still ON. Snipers keep rushing in the bushes before they decide to fire, infantry is still running around haystacks. Apparently they don't hit the dirt anymore when an arty round hits near them.
21 Nov 2013, 21:10 PM

There's no cause for panic. All good things come to those who wait. Right now it's about snipers. Then we'll move on.
21 Nov 2013, 21:45 PM

I just encountered missing texture bug for m10, will upload pic in few seconds.

Btw by pushing units with jeeps/bikes you can dispers individual suqad members acros the screen, literaly. But at least my units don't jump out of cover. Will test it more in future.
21 Nov 2013, 21:49 PM

I think people need to remember that airborne was used in the finals of one of the last 1v1 tourneys, back in February I think it was.

Meta seemed to be evolving once more; to be honest, I never think it truly stagnated.

21 Nov 2013, 22:02 PM

I just encountered missing texture bug for m10, will upload pic in few seconds.

Btw by pushing units with jeeps/bikes you can dispers individual suqad members acros the screen, literaly. But at least my units don't jump out of cover. Will test it more in future.

Cheers for that, yeah I discovered the M10 bug a few hours ago and been working on ironing out a few others bits with Kolaris before patching.

So here it is, version 1.3, featuring:

- Squad AI returned! (Wasn't working as intended, no obvious fix)
- Sniper antispam now works properly (Wasn't working as intended)
- Strafe has been reverted to regular damage, incremental accuracy and search radius but can no longer be used in a HQ sector
- XP kickers will continue to show after all doctrines have been unlocked
- M10 blue box glitch fixed

21 Nov 2013, 22:41 PM

downloading...

- Strafe has been reverted to regular damage, incremental accuracy and search radius but can no longer be used in a HQ sector

that it cannot be used in HQ sector is not a good thing, but i understand it is necessary to fix the ability becoming buggy when used near HQ.
21 Nov 2013, 22:46 PM

I think people need to remember that airborne was used in the finals of one of the last 1v1 tourneys, back in February I think it was.

Meta seemed to be evolving once more; to be honest, I never think it truly stagnated.

But was it mainly used for the HQ strafe guaranteed squad kills bug that was fixed? :P
21 Nov 2013, 22:53 PM

Change to HQ sector strafe is the best way to solve the problem without nerfing strafe itself. Previously I'd tried reducing the incremental accuracy while increasing the search radius and although this meant that whole squads and single snipers could no longer be strafed at the HQ, the overall power of the ability was reduced quite a bit. It is still possible to have _some_ strafe inside the HQ sector, just as long as the targeting reticule is outside it.
21 Nov 2013, 23:23 PM

Awesome stuff Tommy and others. Sorry haven't read the 100's of posts, but has someone set up a steam group 'elite mod coh' or whatever... so we can play others easy?
21 Nov 2013, 23:26 PM

Not as yet. If it really takes off then I'll get some artwork together and take things up a gear but until then, as per the OP, I recommend people just use the TFN Steam chat to organise games, as it's not being used for anything else right now. There aren't enough people playing for people to just set up a basic match and hope someone plays (yet...).
21 Nov 2013, 23:33 PM

Yep. Sorry I should have seen that. It was in bold and large font size :p
I have joined up and look forward to trying the mod out :)
22 Nov 2013, 00:53 AM

Airborne as a whole was instrumental in me winning over Tommy. It wasn't just about the strafes at HQ but the doc in its entirety.
22 Nov 2013, 01:57 AM
Coder Red Badge

Yeah, every doctrine is pretty damn viable right now. Sure, Infantry is the best, but it's still situational, and you can still screw yourself over if you go infantry in a situation that doesn't warrant it (StuG spam, sometimes Volksspam, etc.).
22 Nov 2013, 08:10 AM

Yup doctrine choice is one of those cases where u need to draw the line between the underpowered and the underused.

It's very comparable to standard T1 start or for example 4ES strategy. If I'd give you a graph of that APF, you would see standard T1 start is a lot more used. BUT this doesn't mean 4ES strat is unviable or weaker than standard Rax start.

Infantry compliments very well with almost all builds and strategies that's why it's used often. Airborne has it's own specialties and Armor is about the lategame armored powerplay.

The bugfix on the M10 misfire is an indirect buff to Armor Company albeit very small. Other small buffs to US Armor could help aswell (plz price from tank depot from 350 to 300 again like in coho like in previous beta testing, maybe give some more potent vehicle veterancy etc ...)
Armor Company is a really strong doctrine in armor scenario's. If you want to buff it so it works in every scenario, it will mean it would be OP and picked over other doctrines regardless.

Btw anyone noticed how jeeps and bikes feel so good when chasing (AND TARGETING) snipers right now, even through enemy blobs of infantry? "Oh god Rocky you are so brilliant" Response: "Ye i'm gonna touch my own nipples now aw yea"

It still felt that snipers had a fairly large impact on the game Tommy and me played. As Wehr I still felt I was winning the mp war easily with my early sniper. And his dual snipers later, were just hurting the grenadiers a lot.
Well this is actually the way they should work, but I still feel they could use that last tweaking down by increasing their upkeep a little (it's more of a hidden nerf).

Besides that I would also give KCH a small buff for example. They are a natural lategame counter to the Sniper. But they are walking delicious XP points for riflemen, and if riflemen kill a couple of them they are vet 3 terminators before you know it. That's why I would lower the XP the death of a KCH grants.

On another note: just lower the research time of supply yard upgrade number 2. 90 seconds till it kicks in is truly truly outrageous. I'd also decrease time on demo charge. Can Le Aimstrong plz explain why he thinks it's so important to have a large timer on that thing.
22 Nov 2013, 14:42 PM

Can someone tell me what the HQ base strafe bug is? In this thread is the first time I have read about it (And I though I knew everything about CoH, except of course how to play above level 9).
22 Nov 2013, 15:13 PM

The HQ model (and other base buildings, but the HQ more than any others by a long shot) contains several entities (sprites, images, windows etc) which the game registers as target entities. Hence when an ability such as strafe is used which leans heavily on incremental accuracy to calculate total dps, one squad next to a HQ can be interpreted by the game as several squads.
22 Nov 2013, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2013, 15:13 PMTommy
The HQ model (and other base buildings, but the HQ more than any others by a long shot) contains several entities (sprites, images, windows etc) which the game registers as target entities. Hence when an ability such as strafe is used which leans heavily on incremental accuracy to calculate total dps, one squad next to a HQ can be interpreted by the game as several squads.

I did not know that. Thanks!

Sounds like multiple squads between multiple base buildings would be at an even greater disadvantage.

I need to incorporate that more into my vCOH games. :)
22 Nov 2013, 18:35 PM

Just found out about this, I'm going to check this out today, great stuff Tommy :D
22 Nov 2013, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2013, 15:13 PMTommy

I thought they removed incremental damage on the strafe, since now a single gren squad looses 1-2 guys, and when there are multiple they each loose around the same number each, because from what I remember a single squad would get insta killed, while multiple squads hardly took damage.
22 Nov 2013, 19:52 PM
Coder Red Badge

They reduced the multipliers but didn't remove them entirely if I remember correctly.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS