Login

russian armor

Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
25 Nov 2013, 16:21 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2013, 15:35 PMKiraye
Altough the sheer number of the changes and fixes can be "overwhelming" (well if taken out of contrast) for the "highly conservative vCoH-community where A wrong move means no support from the community", but I intend to write an article about certain interactions between the changes.

Just for the record, I do not speak for the modders in any way whatsoever. Some people were getting a harsh treatment, and I simply offered my understanding, based on experience over the years.
25 Nov 2013, 17:11 PM

more CoH than CoH

Haha ye, that's probably the best way to describe it.
25 Nov 2013, 17:14 PM

Would be nice to have the medbunkers be none enterable as it was supposed to be in the gr/relic teamwork patch.
25 Nov 2013, 17:32 PM

Less chat and more play as said by nobody ever. Except me, now.

I want to be able to host Elite Mod tournaments, Elite Mod challenges and various events, but I can't do that if nobody is playing it!! (note: going in game and autoing/setting up a basic match and waiting for someone is unlikely to get you anywhere, at the moment it really is a case of finding someone else to play with, then going in game)
25 Nov 2013, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2013, 17:32 PMTommy
Less chat and more play as said by nobody ever. Except me, now.

I want to be able to host Elite Mod tournaments, Elite Mod challenges and various events, but I can't do that if nobody is playing it!! (note: going in game and autoing/setting up a basic match and waiting for someone is unlikely to get you anywhere, at the moment it really is a case of finding someone else to play with, then going in game)

I just arrived back in town from a trip, I just downlaoded vCoH and the mod. Will try it out.

Just for the record, are we still going to use the Steam TFN group for this?
25 Nov 2013, 20:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Would you put the date of the latest update at the top of the OP, please?
Ahhhh, I'm excited to try this out!
25 Nov 2013, 20:42 PM

Would you put the date of the latest update at the top of the OP, please?
Ahhhh, I'm excited to try this out!

Done.
25 Nov 2013, 21:03 PM

I just did a quick skirmish to see what OMCG would give me.

I got a Wolverine, a Rifleman Squad, a Ranger squad and a fully upgraded M8.

It's been a while since I called OMCG, but I don't recall M8's coming with a top gunner and skirts included. If this is a new change, I like it a lot. It would be interesting to see if you could get tommy-upgraded rangers as well (instead of fully upgraded M8, so its still 100muns).

Dunno much about the mechanic itself though, could someone explain the gist of the code?
25 Nov 2013, 21:04 PM

I just did a quick skirmish to see what OMCG would give me.

I got a Wolverine, a Rifleman Squad, a Ranger squad and a fully upgraded M8.

It's been a while since I called OMCG, but I don't recall M8's coming with a top gunner and skirts included. If this is a new change, I like it a lot. It would be interesting to see if you could get tommy-upgraded rangers as well (instead of fully upgraded M8, so its still 100muns).

Dunno much about the mechanic itself though, could someone explain the gist of the code?

That's been in since 2.602 (2011) :P

This mod buffs OMCG (minor change, see patch notes for detail) so I'm not planning any further buffs.
25 Nov 2013, 21:30 PM

Just read the changelog. You are right, that change should be more than enough. It's already a really good bang for buck power.

After 6 years, I finally got Corsix' Mod Tools to read some of the attributes and be better prepared for feedback.

25 Nov 2013, 21:35 PM

What do people think is worse:

Units you put in cover running out of it
or
Units you put right next to cover not moving 1 foot into cover

I can fix the "run 30 feet around to the wrong side of the wall" issue but only by making it very difficult to get a whole squad into cover without doing click > drag move orders.
25 Nov 2013, 21:45 PM
Coder Red Badge

If all it takes is a click and drag, I think that's fine. Everybody should be doing that anyways.
25 Nov 2013, 22:00 PM

Running out of cover for sure.
25 Nov 2013, 22:15 PM

Running out of cover is worse, I click and drag direction all the time anyway ;)
25 Nov 2013, 22:29 PM

I still feel a bit pissed when I see DevM build WSC, build a Sniper, and then miss the first two countersnipes which ends up costing him a Rifle squad.

1v1 Sniper scenarios need to be addressed for sure imo.
25 Nov 2013, 23:11 PM

I want my units to STAY in cover.

Similar to the shift+click workaround for reversing vehicles, it will require some people to get used to, but I'd rather do an extra click to have units do precisely what I want, than make five extra clicks because units are not doing what I wanted to (constantly jumping out of cover).
26 Nov 2013, 01:42 AM

Alright, I like how squads ordered into cover behave now.

Before, if a squad was "idle" (it had completed a move or drag move order) and it could see an enemy, the squadai was telling it to move in until all squad members could fire at the enemy.

This makes sense for newer players I guess, although in CoH everything has the same range so it's not really needed. If something does outrange you, you probably can't damage it anyway (ie infantry at 35 range vs a Tiger at 40 range).

I've changed the squadai to tell them instead to move into (very) nearby cover only if they aren't in cover already. This means however that if something is shooting at you from out of range, your squads will no longer move in to return fire. Engineers have a separate squadai that could be a bit different, but things like Mp40s will end up sitting still until you order them closer. Worth it?

I've been testing it in the Semois graveyard and I'm pleased with the results. Units along the wall there will hold position until you tell them to do something different. No more running around to the wrong side of cover.

I'm not sure if anything needs to be done about squad behavior on attack move/attack orders. The current behavior ("move in until all squad members can fire") makes sense most of the time. I know it's frustrating when your units are in cover but you want to focus fire something at long range. If one of your squad members was out of range, suddenly the whole squad is leaping about. But would it be better to change the behavior to "move in until at least one squad member can fire"?
26 Nov 2013, 07:04 AM

hmm it's hard to say.

How does the dragging behave now though. When you drag a squad next to a sandbag wall, often one squad member, would not stand directly behind the wall, squad AI would fix that sometimes. I don't know how it works now? (He moves into the wall because he's not in cover OR he doesn't move at all?)
26 Nov 2013, 07:31 AM

Yeah after testing it some more, it works perfectly fine on walls but some smaller cover like hay bales will never let you drag order everyone into cover.

So I increased the search radius slightly, I think I could even increase it more. What seems to be important is changing the squad direction from "move into range" to "move into cover". That's what seems to prevent the running-around-walls phenomenon.

Autocover Tweaks v2 for EliteMod

Try it out and let me know what you think. Mainly looking at:

- Are squads staying in cover?
- Is autocover search range large enough that drag orders reliably let you put your squad in cover?
- Are focus fire orders staying closer together, rather than belly-flopping at the enemy?
26 Nov 2013, 07:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2013, 22:29 PMKolaris
I still feel a bit pissed when I see DevM build WSC, build a Sniper, and then miss the first two countersnipes which ends up costing him a Rifle squad.

1v1 Sniper scenarios need to be addressed for sure imo.

Nah he took a gamble shooting at a moving sniper. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. RNG will always be part of this game, and it's kinda a beauty of the game.

I feel like people are too focused on countering the sniper(s) with a sniper. Ignoring all the other ways of defeating snipers. If you make the snipers more reliable at countersniping snipers then you'd create more dominance and focus on snipers tbh. And you channel your options into getting a sniper.

I think what we really need to focus on is reducing what makes them strong in the first place: their cost effectiveness. A sniper staying alive .. easily wins you big gains in the manpower war and it somewhat should, but now it's just a tad too much.

Lower reinforce costs are a great way of indirectly reducing sniper power.
Increasing their upkeep costs would also be a more of a hidden nerf, it would only reduce their efficiency a little but it's truly a great way to decrease their true power.
Furthermore seeing the 11th (Wehr) and 6th (US) shots, fired after only 2 seconds, as a feature is just bollocks. It's something that needlessly increased power to the sniper.

A more powerful jeep was a big step in the right direction to lower the love for a sniper in early wehr T1 stage. (The bike/schwimm also became more dedicated sniper hunters.)

Currently the US mortar (the alternative vs support teams, elite armor and static play) is completely overlooked not because it's THAT superterrible or ineffective, it's just because Snipers are just way more cost effective and reliable tools in the first place. Besides you are probably already facing a powerful Wehr sniper.

PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS