Login

russian armor

Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
24 Nov 2013, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 18:47 PMFritzX
wow new units already. how about just buff the flammenwerfer of it needs.

Not a new unit, just a different upgrade, which fixes the 2 problems of the flamer upgrade i mentioned earlier: being in range of stickies and being unable to damage M8
(the 251/9 version though has a fixed superstructre, which makes it unable to shoot at a moving M8. It would be able to finish off a M8, slowed down by a mine though)
I would prefer to fix the Flamer upgrade.
24 Nov 2013, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 18:47 PMFritzX
wow new units already. how about just buff the flammenwerfer of it needs.

Indeed these guys just brainfarting all over the place. ))

Flamer HT it's niche is just clearing out buildings really fast and being weapon platform you can reinforce your frontline troops with.

It 'should' also counter elite armor, but ironically the only elite armor infantry the US have is Rangers, which have bazookas.

Tbh I'd just reduce the munitions cost a little.
24 Nov 2013, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 19:05 PM12ocky

Indeed these guys just brainfarting all over the place. ))

As i said, it came into my mind while thinking about the flamer HT and wanted to share. I would prefer to fix the current upgrade.

The biggest brainfarts come from your side btw.
Should i repost your stinky list about useless changes?
24 Nov 2013, 19:11 PM

Sure go ahead, they are very well thought out, and they make a lot of sense. But before you understand:

1: you need to learn how to play
2: understand game engine

+ we already have an anti infantry vehicle, it's called Puma.
24 Nov 2013, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 19:11 PM12ocky
Sure go ahead, they are very well thought out, and they make a lot of sense. But before you understand:

1: you need to learn how to play
2: understand game engine

l2p, yeah yeah, thats the only thing you can respond, when you dont know what to say.

Your changes affect the gameplay much more than my suggestion btw. If they would be thought out well, why people dont agree on all?

You need to read what i said above. The Puma works different than a halftrack. How can´t you understand that?
24 Nov 2013, 19:28 PM

l2p, yeah yeah, thats the only thing you can respond, when you dont know what to say.

Your changes affect the gameplay much more than my suggestion btw. If they would be thought out well, why people dont agree on all?

You need to read what i said above. The Puma works different than a halftrack. How can´t you understand that?

1: well it's true, when you don't play at top level and don't understand a unit's potential how can you put yourself in a decent position for balance discussion.

You remind me of people like OnkelSam; extremely hard headed with no clue how to play.
Then he did balance design for Modern Combat, the balance was terrible.

2: Well apparantly people like Tommy do, if you actually look at his change list, most changes are similar.

3: Well go ahead bro, design us a balanced gun. Prove me wrong.
24 Nov 2013, 20:03 PM

Useless to discuss on the same level with an arrogant guy like you. You needed to repost your precious list in the same thread so that people even care.

Btw. balance and design are not the same thing. You seeme to use words you don´t understand what they mean.

Go ahead and make the Flamer upgrade useful. Im unable to "design a balanced gun" on my own, since it needs more poeple and alot of games to figure the balance out. I already posted the design idea above.
24 Nov 2013, 21:14 PM

Guys, keep it on topic please.

I think Tommy doesn't really want to add a new unit/upgrade. Besides, the flamer upgrade has its uses.
24 Nov 2013, 21:30 PM

Guys, keep it on topic please.

I think Tommy doesn't really want to add a new unit/upgrade. Besides, the flamer upgrade has its uses.

This !

The flamer HT is a niche unit but certainly has its place. Even if a mathematical equation proved it to be somewhat underpowered, it's below a low-level issue.

Right now I'm really looking for feedback on the sniper changes.
24 Nov 2013, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 21:30 PMTommy

This !

The flamer HT is a niche unit but certainly has its place. Even if a mathematical equation proved it to be somewhat underpowered, it's below a low-level issue.

Right now I'm really looking for feedback on the sniper changes.

The best choice tommy is to hard cap them at 2 alternatively you can put an added cummulative pop and cost increase after the 2nd sniper . That means thge 3rd sniper will cost 400 mp 10 pop and the 4th 440 12 pop etc ( that is based on the320 mp 8 pop they cost now if that is correct )
25 Nov 2013, 01:17 AM
Coder Red Badge

Hard capping a unit is never a good solution IMO.
25 Nov 2013, 05:48 AM

Been having a look at autocover behavior. Just did a first pass at it and I'm amazed by the results.

If anyone wants to just skirmish test it, extract this to the EliteMod folder and launch with -dev. Tell me what you think.

Autocover Tweak
25 Nov 2013, 07:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2013, 01:17 AMInverse
Hard capping a unit is never a good solution IMO.

It's true, but it's not necessarily out of the question either. I think CoH's dynamic should allow for any number of units, since that's what upkeep is for. The only exception I could see hard capping placed on, would be certain doctrinal units if they became too spammable, which as of 2.602, didn't happen as much.
25 Nov 2013, 10:16 AM
Donator 33

Useless to discuss on the same level with an arrogant guy like you.

Hi GeneralCH.

Yeah, 12ocky isn't exactly the most diplomatic guy, that is true, but: he does have quite the experience, skills and understanding of vCoH. The reason he reacted so harshly (e.g. "brainfart") at your suggestion is, that these modding-decisions are highly political. A wrong move means no support from the community.

The vCoH-community is highly conservative, because there is something sweet to conserve. Make a radical changes like a new unit (it is a new unit) and all bets are off - you are scaring people.

They want this mod to be a non-mod; more CoH than CoH. They have pulled it off before (2.602), so I'm just happy :)
25 Nov 2013, 11:12 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2013, 05:48 AMKolaris
Been having a look at autocover behavior. Just did a first pass at it and I'm amazed by the results.

If anyone wants to just skirmish test it, extract this to the EliteMod folder and launch with -dev. Tell me what you think.

Autocover Tweak

Wow, its working. snipers doesn't rush 5 meters in the nearest crater before taking the shot anymore. And infantry stay now on the right side of the cover. However, rangers and stormtroopers still reposition before firing the shrecks/zooks.

Regarding the snipers i think hardcapping them to 2 per player is the best solution. If this doesn't please you than increase the upkeep like crazy. For the 2nd sniper make it 25, 3rd 50 and so on. Right now the sniper's upkeep is a joke.

Also you should check this Balance mod. Although i don't agree with some of the changes this caught my eye.

Sniper

Accuracy increased vs moving Snipers from 0.5 to 1.
Heroic critical type obtained while retreating.
Damage vs sniper armor reduced from 1 to 0.475
Accuracy vs sniper armor increased from 1 to 1.35.
Minimum weapon cooldown increased from 6 to 7 seconds.
Minimum aim time increased from 0.3 to 0.5 seconds.
Sniper's received accuracy multiplier from small arms increased from 0.75 to 1
Sniper's received accuracy multiplier while moving vs. small arms has been decreased from 1 to 0.75.
US sniper rifle penetration against Tiger and Puma fixed.
Sniper weapon modifier statistics vs PE light vehicles are the same as of other light vehicles.
25 Nov 2013, 12:20 PM

Fundamentally changing the sniper mechanics like that might not be the goal of this mod, although I do like the increased accuracy vs. on the move, while taking 2 sniper hits to kill on retreat.

This does change the whole ReconRun/PropWar/Jeep/Bike interaction with countersniping though.
25 Nov 2013, 15:29 PM

Is there anyway, to fix the bug where when you try and wire next to the edge of the map the last wire next to the disapear.
25 Nov 2013, 15:35 PM

Fundamentally changing the sniper mechanics like that might not be the goal of this mod, although I do like the increased accuracy vs. on the move, while taking 2 sniper hits to kill on retreat.

This does change the whole ReconRun/PropWar/Jeep/Bike interaction with countersniping though.

Well it actually doesn't, because the mod implements:
- Recon Run just reveals Snipers on the Minimap only (other Camouflage capable units are still revealed(!!!))
- The several shot requirement doesn't affect other small arms critical hits chances(its technically still infantry critical_type, only "heroic" vs the Sniper Rifle).

So these factors (ReconRun/PropWar/Jeep/Bike) were calculated into the equation when this mechanic was created.

Altough the sheer number of the changes and fixes can be "overwhelming" (well if taken out of contrast) for the "highly conservative vCoH-community where A wrong move means no support from the community", but I intend to write an article about certain interactions between the changes.
25 Nov 2013, 15:52 PM

Thank goodness for Target tables :D
25 Nov 2013, 16:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Is there anyway, to fix the bug where when you try and wire next to the edge of the map the last wire next to the disappear.

+1
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight