Login

russian armor

Counterin Sturmtiger in 4v4.

5 Jul 2021, 15:59 PM

I need advice, I can't handle it in the late game 30+ min, I mainly playing Soviets. DPS from multiple Su-85 isn't enough cause they use loss blockers or retreat at any threat. Mines also doesn't work cause I can't put it in neutral ground and players never overextend their Sturm. The problem is constant resource bleed and I can't bleed my opponent more effectively.
6 Jul 2021, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2021, 15:59 PMnewvan
I need advice, I can't handle it in the late game 30+ min, I mainly playing Soviets. DPS from multiple Su-85 isn't enough cause they use loss blockers or retreat at any threat. Mines also doesn't work cause I can't put it in neutral ground and players never overextend their Sturm. The problem is constant resource bleed and I can't bleed my opponent more effectively.

Dont get hit in the first place. Static positon a canon fodder. Spot it early. Use your at. Bait or Soft retreat with targeted inf. Since it doesnt have a long range up until vet 4. It should be difficult to zone out your units.

Otherwise it dies like any other tank. 1 hit with at and one snare and it is in trouble.
6 Jul 2021, 16:05 PM

Otherwise it dies like any other tank. 1 hit with at and one snare and it is in trouble.

2 penetrating 160 damage hits, not 1. Snares are 100 damage, even if the snare still penetrates after 1 shot from AT, it still won't be enough for it to cause engine damage, because 75%HP threshold for ST is 960 HP (1280HP in total).
6 Jul 2021, 23:19 PM

Two Zis AT Guns, that have superior range.
10 Jul 2021, 10:04 AM

7L, go next game
17 Jul 2021, 00:48 AM

Spam Mines in the hopes that you catch it, you can use T-34 RAM and focus fire it down. Mark Target works pretty well against the SturmTiger as well.

If you are playing with a British team mate tell them to make an AEC. They can combo the AEC Tread Break ability into Firefly Tulips and you guys can take it down very easily. (Especially if you do other forms of CC like T-34 Ram, using off map while its stunned/immobilized from AEC)
23 Jul 2021, 05:14 AM

T34s. Just dance around them so they can't shoot you.

It also helps to have SU-85 in focused mode to spot the Sturmtiger as its coming. Generally you want to pile on damage on the sturmtiger while its still moving into position to fire. The more damage it takes, the less likely it will stay and fire. If you're putting damage on the sturmtiger while its already firing then its probably too late. Just try your best to dodge the shot then put damage on it so it takes time to repair and come back.

Generally any damage on sturmtiger before it fires is good value.
24 Jul 2021, 16:51 PM

This following guide will help you destroy any and all axis heavy armor (that fucks up) in the game, relatively easily. The sturmtiger has a lot of health, AT guns or some tank destroyers might do damage, but it is all in vain if it lives.

What to do? bum rush the tank

Short explanation: The skilltiger is a behemoth with loads of health, you will have to do more than park an AT gun or two and hope for the best, he can take the DPS and safely retreat. You gotta stun the sturmtiger and rush him with your team's armor

Okay, how do you do this? Two ways:

With UKF ally: Get your ally to make at least one or two firefly tanks, upgrade them with the Tulip rockets. in the meanwhile, get your own tank destroyers, i assume SU-85s, and perhaps even a T-34 along, and wait. Once you inevitably see a sturmtiger pulling up to fire at your own lines, you collapse with your whole might upon him. Firefly tanks will chain stun the ST, the rockets themselves do great damage, and your tanks will collapse easily upon the tank. It is a lot of force and hopefully it should die. Additionally add AT overwatch for good measure.

Without UKF: The procedure is basically the same, except you will compensate with T-34 rams instead. This is a bit unreliable due to many factors that can come in, but you can follow up on the ram with guard button, AT overwatch, and tanks driving behind the sturmtiger. Generally you simply want to stun the ST and even damage it's engine, so it cant escape death, a t-34 or two are acceptable casualties
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★