Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger feels very underwhelming compared to the B4

MMX
1 Jul 2021, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2021, 15:02 PMVipper

That is per squad not total number...

yeah i figured. let's put it this way; i'd be fine with any per squad number greater than 7.
1 Jul 2021, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2021, 15:08 PMMMX

yeah i figured. let's put it this way; i'd be fine with any per squad number greater than 7.

Imo unit designed as squad wipe machines are destined to be either OP or UP since the slightest change will have a great impact.

It is a bad design that should be avoided.
1 Jul 2021, 16:51 PM

ST is great. its much harder to kill than B4 thanks to armour and mobile. And it constantly forces enemy to reposition and retreat, which has huge value, just get good at canceling the shot just before it fires.

At vet 1 you can go round bullying squads without even firing it by using the grenade ability.

Obviously its great vs team weapons. As always dont just use it on its own, use it in combined arms attacks when enemy has high chance of micro overload, even if he moves the target, say a ZiS, it takes that unit out of the engagement.

Use smoke to screen it, I drop smoke in front of enemy, drive upto it and fire through, much harder to dodge as they cant see it wind up. Great vs static enemys. Even better if you have another unit to spot past the smoke.
1 Jul 2021, 21:26 PM

Mmm yes, the sturmtiger, a squad decimating monster (Which has strong frontal armor and reasonable speed), and can also FIRE THROUGH AND OVER WALLS, all while being capable of shooting basically outside of your sight range, is weak and needs a buff
2 Jul 2021, 07:19 AM

I just think it's unfair that the turreted ARVE can deal massive damage tanks and the turret-less ST can't.
6 Jul 2021, 09:22 AM

I just think it's unfair that the turreted ARVE can deal massive damage tanks and the turret-less ST can't.

No, it's not. As if ST hasn't any advantages over AVRE like more range, ability to self spot at later vets and 200 more health, it also deals more damage, but the AOE is worse.
6 Jul 2021, 18:41 PM

in team games players are spamming the hell out of sturm tigers...they are soooo great. almost like a precision shot every encounter with your enemy. will reliably destroyer players. B4 is not reliable and is still a rng cannon. sturmtiger is on a whole different level then b4
8 Jul 2021, 06:50 AM

No, it's not. As if ST hasn't any advantages over AVRE like more range, ability to self spot at later vets and 200 more health, it also deals more damage, but the AOE is worse.

It still can pen the lower armor allied tanks for shit.
8 Jul 2021, 08:56 AM

It still can pen the lower armor allied tanks for shit.

It has 1000 penetration according to serelia's data, which sounds correct, because I've seen that thing nuke heavy tanks.
8 Jul 2021, 09:12 AM

It has 1000 penetration according to serelia's data, which sounds correct, because I've seen that thing nuke heavy tanks.
why don't you go and test it out in game then come back to me.
8 Jul 2021, 09:13 AM

why don't you go and test it out in game then come back to me.

and you did test it and found out that it had what exact penetration? Are you for real?
8 Jul 2021, 09:23 AM

really? i just got it delete a full hp cromwell of mine and then delete another close to full Hp t34-85 of my teammate a day ago. Later in that same game it brought a full Hp churchil of mine to 2 shot-able, so i strongly believe that ST can seriously hurt tank by now. It doesnt do that pre commander ptach so may be you didnt try the newest version of it.

And btw, we won that game.
8 Jul 2021, 09:23 AM

One has to keep in mind that when it comes to penetration and unit like ST/AVRE there are two values that one should be looking in to.

Penetration and AOE penetration.
8 Jul 2021, 09:31 AM

Having play with and against ST imo it not underwhelming at all.

I would say it rather OP and that imo is should be moved to another commander.

As for design the "squad wipe machine" is a bad design imo for all unit and it should be changed.
8 Jul 2021, 12:54 PM

really? i just got it delete a full hp cromwell of mine and then delete another close to full Hp t34-85 of my teammate a day ago

Are you sure the Cromwell was full HP? Just tested it on 5 Cromwells and every one had a tiny bit of HP left

Also tested it on T34/85. A hit from the ST leaves the T34/85 with 28% health (so 220/800 HP). Those values also do fit the 580 DMG stat from the serealia site

Churchill is also left with 58% HP

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2021, 09:31 AMVipper
Having play with and against ST imo it not underwhelming at all.

Agree with that but from a 3v3 Rank 13-15 PoV it is also not broken

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2021, 09:31 AMVipper

I would say it rather OP and that imo is should be moved to another commander.

Pls no. It was and is the main selling point of the commander
8 Jul 2021, 13:07 PM

Pls no. It was and is the main selling point of the commander

The commander has other selling point like 221/223, Heat shell (little synergy with ST) and Tank commanders (little synergy with ST).

The unit could be used a the selling point of another commander where it fits more even the thematically.
8 Jul 2021, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2021, 13:07 PMVipper

The commander has other selling point like 221/223, Heat shell (little synergy with ST) and Tank commanders (little synergy with ST).

The unit could be used a the selling point of another commander where it fits more even the thematically.

I am pretty sure that 90% of people that get this commander get it because of the Sturmtiger. Ofc 221 and Heat Shells are nice but overall it would be like removing B4 from Counterattacktactics. Also one needs one other commander that would need to give up one of his abilties in favor of ST ... and which commander should this be? Special OPs or Breakthrough? I am sure Command Panther or Jagdtiger + Tanks that have acess to HEAT + self repair would be a bit too strong
8 Jul 2021, 13:18 PM

I am pretty sure that 90% of people that get this commander get it because of the Sturmtiger. Ofc 221 and Heat Shells are nice but overall it would be like removing B4 from Counterattacktactics. Also one needs one other commander that would need to give up one of his abilties in favor of ST

The SturmTiger is correctly the reason why people chose this commander. I absolutely love playing with someone who knows how to use the ST so well. The commander would be forgotten about if it did not have a ST.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS