Login

russian armor

OKW and USF doesn't get alot of love in the last patch

28 Jun 2021, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2021, 09:04 AMOlfin

You keep talking nonsense , I never complained about anything u said, obviously you have some problems in understanding what others write and only see what you want to see, and thanks to god this is not your choice to close threads for a very good reason, now finally if u don't like the thread you are free to leave it no one will miss u believe me.

Oh really?
Your point no1 - you want pioneers, but pretend you don't.
Your point no2 - you want another ost unit
Your point no3 - you want another ost unit, but with non existing specifications
Your point no4 - you don't even know what you want, but since no new units can be made, that means you want more ost units for okw.

You even used USF as a smoke screen despite the fact they don't need anything at all, hence you didn't even attempted to suggest anything.

Just in case you already forgot what you've written in the OP, as apparently you did.
28 Jun 2021, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2021, 09:15 AMKatitof

Oh really?
Your point no1 - you want pioneers, but pretend you don't.
Your point no2 - you want another ost unit
Your point no3 - you want another ost unit, but with non existing specifications
Your point no4 - you don't even know what you want, but since no new units can be made, that means you want more ost units for okw.

You even used USF as a smoke screen despite the fact they don't need anything at all, hence you didn't even attempted to suggest anything.

Just in case you already forgot what you've written in the OP, as apparently you did.

point 1: having new engineer unit was just a suggestion and they should not be a pioneer clone for example usf and British have many engineer variants so I don't see your point here.
point 2: It doesn't need an explanation totally new Officer unit has no thing to do with Ostheer
point 3: Those are missing assets for OKW, thats why I said them as. a suggestion and that was said before.
point 4: this point was made for people who know how to discuss and speak respectfully not meant for u.

I really don't want to waste any more time answering u master degree guy.
28 Jun 2021, 10:51 AM

We need to wait and see about OKW and USF both faction fluctuate a lot, especially OKW.
During last 3 weeks in 1v1 at top 200 OKW had lost 1073 matches and won 1075. This is as close to 50/50 as you can get.

USF on the other hand had lost 887 times and won 812 (47.7% win rate).

USF stayed consistently below 50% winrate during those weeks, while OKW had ups and downs.

28 Jun 2021, 12:36 PM

It became more reliable.
For example I played vs OKW 2v2, owned dude whole game, but ST stalled it a lot. If you can't listen to its engine noise every second of the game, it becomes very problematic, especially vs HMG. It just kills it faster then you are able to retreat it.

Elpern with Kpen are now spamming the doctrine and Elpern came to a conclusion that it is definitely overperforming with current timing, price and performance. Jibber also wasn't happy with new ST, when he played vs it.

Ahh so AVRE for the last 3, 4, or X years, I hear you. Lost count of the number of 'owned' Brits that managed to turn a game round due to AVRE-wipes only. Weapons teams are the ideal target for the AVRE/ST so end up being a significant bleed for sure. Thanks for the reply, will definitely try it out more. I blew up an M20 with it as a meme thing but sounds like it's got actual potential now. Thing actually has the survivability to work in a B-4/SPG saturated environment.
28 Jun 2021, 17:50 PM

1. Fortifications could have received the hull down which fits thematically.

Would have been interesting with the new mechanic of tanks being able to self-hull down altho people would probably complains about the King Tiger having it.

Otherwise I suggested Osttruppen for OKW to replicate the personnel manning the Atlantic Wall but sadly that would require new voices and so forth, pretty much the reason why most new units are not added.

2. As I explained above, sadly it's due to a lack of assets such as voices.

3. There are also unused voice lines for the StuG III for the OKW, could have maybe fit in a lackluster (now) commander like Special Operations probably.

4. The USF could have probably gotten a new Sherman Jumbo, Calliope with a functional gun, a Halftrack/some sort of other vehicle that could drop down weapons similar to the UKF Special Weapons carrier M3 halftrack, a marksman ability for some sort of recon upgrade or something for riflemen and so on and so forth. Also Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers for again lackluster Ostheer commanders, and yes there are ways to make them not be OP but nobody seems to want to admit that which could have meant removing 1 or 2 of the flamethrowers, the armor, etc...

Just because the unit was designed to be OP in an unreleased commander for some reason doesn't mean that a simple effort cannot be made to bring it in line with the rest of the units but again some people are acting like that's just impossible.

Basically AsYmeTricAL BaLancE > new content because reasons in the mind of some people while there was a perfectly good way to introduce new content that's not UP or OP.

Instead like always units are buffed or nerfed beyond all measure which end up in the B4/Osttruppen situation which many people are complaining about.
28 Jun 2021, 18:00 PM

The worst part of Fortifications is that it receieved For the Fatherland, the same ability Overwatch doctrine has, and Overwatch doctrine has the leHF too, one of the good abilities of Fortifications, while also having Sector Assault.
Meanwhile the other highlight of Fortifications, s-mines and bunkers, was given to Luftwaffe GF, and Luftwaffe Ground Forces has Valiant Assault, a better sidegrade of For the Fatherland.

More doctrines were rendered redundant and worse for OKW and USF
28 Jun 2021, 18:11 PM

Would have been interesting with the new mechanic of tanks being able to self-hull down altho people would probably complains about the King Tiger having it.

Otherwise I suggested Osttruppen for OKW to replicate the personnel manning the Atlantic Wall but sadly that would require new voices and so forth, pretty much the reason why most new units are not added.

2. As I explained above, sadly it's due to a lack of assets such as voices.

3. There are also unused voice lines for the StuG III for the OKW, could have maybe fit in a lackluster (now) commander like Special Operations probably.

4. The USF could have probably gotten a new Sherman Jumbo, Calliope with a functional gun, a Halftrack/some sort of other vehicle that could drop down weapons similar to the UKF Special Weapons carrier M3 halftrack, a marksman ability for some sort of recon upgrade or something for riflemen and so on and so forth. Also Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers for again lackluster Ostheer commanders, and yes there are ways to make them not be OP but nobody seems to want to admit that which could have meant removing 1 or 2 of the flamethrowers, the armor, etc...

Just because the unit was designed to be OP in an unreleased commander for some reason doesn't mean that a simple effort cannot be made to bring it in line with the rest of the units but again some people are acting like that's just impossible.

Basically AsYmeTricAL BaLancE > new content because reasons in the mind of some people while there was a perfectly good way to introduce new content that's not UP or OP.

Instead like always units are buffed or nerfed beyond all measure which end up in the B4/Osttruppen situation which many people are complaining about.

I agree with many points you said and finally someone talked about the subject of this post, the thing is that they already break some of their rules and introduced new units for all factions except for OKW and USF and there was a great opportunity for that after removing artillery flare and merging heavy fortification with field defences, I don't know much about USF but I guess there was a possibility to add new units too.
28 Jun 2021, 18:29 PM

Well maybe you shouldn't have nerfed UKF in every single patch without giving them something meaningful in return to maintain useful.

For example "5 man Infantry Sections are OP so lets nerf them into the ground"

ok but will the Vickers be good then? Ah Nope?

Faction is now unplayable. You guys can't just keep taking things each patch and then act surprised that UKF is now the worst faction in the game.

Fixing Commanders mean nothing if the CORE ARMY sucks which also applies to USF and the Easy 8 commander.

LMAO.

Oh damn.. IS is now busted. Let's give them a rifle with less DPS & no nades!
28 Jun 2021, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2021, 18:11 PMOlfin

I agree with many points you said and finally someone talked about the subject of this post, the thing is that they already break some of their rules and introduced new units for all factions except for OKW and USF and there was a great opportunity for that after removing artillery flare and merging heavy fortification with field defences, I don't know much about USF but I guess there was a possibility to add new units too.

What else that could have been done for OKW was merging of the Pak 43 and LefH 18 to give the goliath commander a Pak 43 as well which would have made it just a bit more useful.

I haven't really used it after they nerfed the Overwatch and then Jaegers and I wouldn't really consider the Pak 43 as something that would be overpowered considering that there are many abilities that can simply nuke it.

Then that would have made space for hull down which depending on the BaLanCe the King Tiger wouldn't have it or something like that maybe.

Anyway as far as the USF goes like I said, Calliope getting it's main gun enabled, Sherman Jumbo, Weapons carrier halftrack or some other type of vehicle, Recon squad with marksman or an upgrade for riflemen and so forth.

Lots of ideas and possibilities but sadly people are just not willing to at least try out these ideas let alone implement them anywhere officially, same with a Sturmtiger which is still a meme unit and could have been made into a self-propelled artillery piece to balance out the removal of the counter battery for the LefH.
28 Jun 2021, 23:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2021, 14:43 PMKatitof

https://coh2stats.com/stats/month/1617235200/1v1/wermacht?statsSource=top200

Not even close.
In fact, they are pretty much perfectly balanced for 1v1 top 200.

For heavens sake - just be calm!
You are making an ass of yourself.
He's talking about "FUN"- the joy of playing the game!
Variety, new things, new toys .....F U N!
Why we play, most of us. We are NOT spastic obssessed with the minutae of which faction has an unfair advantage...night and day, day and night and on and on in a never ending spiral into infinity
28 Jun 2021, 23:43 PM

Why we play, most of us. We are NOT spastic obssessed with the minutae of which faction has an unfair advantage...night and day, day and night and on and on in a never ending spiral into infinity

That would be true IF the game hasn't taken a hard turn towards symmetrical balance and has a focus on 1v1 plays for Tournaments. You can kiss FUN goodbye and instead get introduced to all the "e-sports" BS terms. Meta builds, 1v1, skill, symmetry, etc.

You can't have FUN (shreck blobs on volks) and BALANCE. One has to go.

Right now, he's the last crusader against the morons that spew BS on this forum. Well, at least one of the few that are bothered enough to comment.
29 Jun 2021, 06:48 AM

I've already addressed pointlessness of adding things for the sake of adding things and balance team seems to be on the same page about it.

Welcome to CoH2.org, I see you are completely new here, enjoy your stay!

Let me remind you this is place, where people called death of a faction, because 1st osttruppen squad started to arrive 10 seconds later.
29 Jun 2021, 06:58 AM

What else that could have been done for OKW was merging of the Pak 43 and LefH 18 to give the goliath commander a Pak 43 as well which would have made it just a bit more useful.

I haven't really used it after they nerfed the Overwatch and then Jaegers and I wouldn't really consider the Pak 43 as something that would be overpowered considering that there are many abilities that can simply nuke it.

Then that would have made space for hull down which depending on the BaLanCe the King Tiger wouldn't have it or something like that maybe.

Anyway as far as the USF goes like I said, Calliope getting it's main gun enabled, Sherman Jumbo, Weapons carrier halftrack or some other type of vehicle, Recon squad with marksman or an upgrade for riflemen and so forth.

Lots of ideas and possibilities but sadly people are just not willing to at least try out these ideas let alone implement them anywhere officially, same with a Sturmtiger which is still a meme unit and could have been made into a self-propelled artillery piece to balance out the removal of the counter battery for the LefH.

Yes, there was many ideas as you and others said, some people don't understand why we demand this because they forgot what fun means and want to convince themselves that it is impossible to balance new units and abilities which is totally wrong and if it turned out to be unbalanced they could easily remove them before balance patch go live.
29 Jun 2021, 10:33 AM

balance is important, because playing against OP stuff is the opposite of fun. One thing you are losing because you are worse then your opponent/made mistakes the other thing is playing again and again with disadvantage, because something is overperforming. And believe me, if something is OP it will be spammed to death.
29 Jun 2021, 10:56 AM

balance is important, because playing against OP stuff is the opposite of fun. One thing you are losing because you are worse then your opponent/made mistakes the other thing is playing again and again with disadvantage, because something is overperforming. And believe me, if something is OP it will be spammed to death.

No one said the opposite of this, we want them to try adding new things and if they turned out to be op they could be tuned or removed they already did that for example Raid section was so op then they tuned them down, now in the next patch if ever happened what is the problem to try the same thing with OKW AND USF ?
29 Jun 2021, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2021, 10:56 AMOlfin

No one said the opposite of this, we want them to try adding new things and if they turned out to be op they could be tuned or removed they already did that for example Raid section was so op then they tuned them down, now in the next patch if ever happened what is the problem to try the same thing with OKW AND USF ?

And we've run a full circle here again.

They are NOT adding new things to add new things.
Each added new thing served a specific balance purpose, in last patch it was primarily to patch up holes left by removal of too weak or too strong abilities from the doctrines.

If you just want more things, play with mods.
29 Jun 2021, 11:20 AM

That would be true IF the game hasn't taken a hard turn towards symmetrical balance and has a focus on 1v1 plays for Tournaments. You can kiss FUN goodbye and instead get introduced to all the "e-sports" BS terms. Meta builds, 1v1, skill, symmetry, etc.

You can't have FUN (shreck blobs on volks) and BALANCE. One has to go.

Right now, he's the last crusader against the morons that spew BS on this forum. Well, at least one of the few that are bothered enough to comment.

There was nothing fun about shreckblob volks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS