Login

russian armor

Volks mp40 vs stg44 vs no update

PAGES (7)down
22 May 2021, 19:09 PM

I would prefer passive healing to be frontloaded to vet 1 for Mechanized builds.

Whats the point of Battlegroup/Medics then? This would be way too good.
22 May 2021, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2021, 19:09 PMGeblobt

Whats the point of Battlegroup/Medics then? This would be way too good.

I don't know, you tell me, what was the point of locking medics in a faction in Tier 2 behind a backtech of 35 fuel?
Pip
22 May 2021, 19:45 PM

It would probably be a good idea to remove self-healing from Volksgrenadiers, they're the only non-"elite" infantry that possess it, and it is the type of ability that should remain only on elites.

It's too strong an ability to give to Volks at vet1, it would make healing for the faction practically unnecessary. Removing it from them entirely might make room for the unit to be changed/improved in other ways.

I think healing for OKW is approaching a more reasonable price nowadays, how does the BG healing stack up to other factions' healing in terms of pricing?
22 May 2021, 19:48 PM

I don't know, you tell me, what was the point of locking medics in a faction in Tier 2 behind a backtech of 35 fuel?

Agreed, it would be more of an incentive to get them if volks and obers didn't had regeneration.
22 May 2021, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2021, 19:45 PMPip
It would probably be a good idea to remove self-healing from Volksgrenadiers, they're the only non-"elite" infantry that possess it, and it is the type of ability that should remain only on elites.

It's too strong an ability to give to Volks at vet1, it would make healing for the faction practically unnecessary. Removing it from them entirely might make room for the unit to be changed/improved in other ways.

I think healing for OKW is approaching a more reasonable price nowadays, how does the BG healing stack up to other factions' healing in terms of pricing?

Its the worst if you count the whole tech structure. Brits and Sov only pay manpower, Ost manpower and munition. Only Usf has to pay both manpower and fuel. But the cost is more or less fine. The biggest problem is to have no puma/stuka until you backtech.
Pip
22 May 2021, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2021, 19:48 PMKatitof

Agreed, it would be more of an incentive to get them if volks and obers didn't had regeneration.

Volks currently have regeneration at vet5, it doesn't factor into the decision to get a permanent healing structure in the slightest. Please try and stay constructive.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2021, 19:52 PMGeblobt

Its the worst if you count the whole tech structure. Brits and Sov only pay manpower, Ost manpower and munition. Only Usf has to pay both manpower and fuel. But the cost is more or less fine. The biggest problem is to have no puma/stuka until you backtech.

I suppose, arguably, OKW should be able to build the base Battlegroup HQ structure for approximately the same price as other factions' healing solutions, then. It would need to upgrade further to unlock the ability to produce the MG34, LeIG, etc, and unlock the Volk upgrades (And then upgrade further to unlock the other units within it, as it does currently). If there's a backtech issue, that's probably the way to solve it.
22 May 2021, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2021, 19:45 PMPip

It's terribly expensive, 270 MP and 35 fuel
22 May 2021, 21:01 PM

It's terribly expensive, 270 MP and 35 fuel

Considering what it gives, its not all that expensive, especially compared to USF ambu.
22 May 2021, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2021, 21:01 PMKatitof

Considering what it gives, its not all that expensive, especially compared to USF ambu.

It is expensive, the ambulance costs 15 fuel and gives a mobile aoe healing with free major FRP
22 May 2021, 21:06 PM

It is expensive, the ambulance costs 15 fuel and gives a mobile aoe healing with free major FRP

All of healing in the game is AoE now in case you missed a patch.

Its not expensive at all if you backtech for it later, only if you try to get it prior to T3 and it already was made much more affordable then it ever was, it still offers you indirect fire option on top.

And lastly, no amount of tears will change its placement from BGHQ.
Pip
22 May 2021, 21:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2021, 21:06 PMKatitof

All of healing in the game is AoE now in case you missed a patch.

OST medkits aren't, though this is besides the point. The "AOE" part wasn't the focus, it was the "mobile" part, as well as the fact that USF also get a free mobile FRP that OKW and UKF have to pay for (when theirs' is immobile), and that OST and SOV don't even have outside of doctrines. The USF ambulance even provides free mobile reinforcement, and the further utility of being able to use the crew inside to heal independently of the ambulance itself (which can then STILL be used to heal if you place another squad inside of it.)

Its not expensive at all if you backtech for it later, only if you try to get it prior to T3 and it already was made much more affordable then it ever was, it still offers you indirect fire option on top.

270 MP and 35 fuel is expensive for healing regardless of when you get it. "Having" to get your factional healing after the Schwerer goes down is hardly a point in OKW's favour, nor does it even vaguely support your assertions.

It having been made "more affordable" doesn't mean it's in a perfect spot, in the same way as UKF having been made "more viable" doesn't automatically mean they're a good/well designed faction.

And lastly, no amount of tears will change its placement from BGHQ.

Who says it shouldn't be in the BGHQ? It would merely be better if it could be acquired independent of everything else in the BGHQ. Why does it need to be bundled with all the stuff it's bundled with?

Why do you keep making these weird statements, acting like other users' discussion on balance/faction design is them "crying"?
22 May 2021, 21:48 PM

I would prefer passive healing to be frontloaded to vet 1 for Mechanized builds, or outright removed and the issue of healing for OKW being fixed by making a med HQ more accessible

Vet 1 passive healing is a bit much for a mainline unit. Paras and Rangers get it at vet 2 and they're elite infantry.
22 May 2021, 22:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2021, 19:52 PMGeblobt

While OKW has high back tech cost, that's a bit of a wrong comparison.
Most of this fuel cost is incorporated into the main tech path and therefore important for the timing of vehicles. This makes it impossible to reduce the price. Other factions pay a similar amount of fuel for their tech like OKW. That's why their medics are without fuel cost. If the medics did cost fuel, the main tech cost would need to go down
22 May 2021, 22:23 PM

While OKW has high back tech cost, that's a bit of a wrong comparison.
Most of this fuel cost is incorporated into the main tech path and therefore important for the timing of vehicles. This makes it impossible to reduce the price.

It would totally be possible if the options of setting up the repair and medic stations without any unit unlocked was given, like I had proposed before sturmpios receieved their overexpensive medkits.

Other factions pay a similar amount of fuel for their tech like OKW. That's why their medics are without fuel cost. If the medics did cost fuel, the main tech cost would need to go down

Other factions also aren't designed to need to backtech like OKW does, which is why still linking the medis to BTG HQ is a stupid idea

It would work even better if BTG itself was reworked to be a cheaper support weapons tier with medics and the tech structure was made linear, always requiring both Mechanized and BTG, since BTG was never an equal option to Mechanized like LT is to Captain.

The options are already there, it's just that the time for reworks is over

PS: even in a strict cost comparison ignoring cost of truck and BTG setup, 10 fuel for a stationary medic station is overly expensive compared to every single faction in the game. It's not JUST the backteching, the medics themselves are overpriced beyond what should be considered justifiable
22 May 2021, 22:30 PM

]Other factions also aren't designed to need to backtech like OKW does, which is why still linking the medis to BTG HQ is a stupid idea

Other factions aren't incentivised to backtech with a super heavy stock tank nor their alternative tech offer much, contrary to OKW.

In fact, OKW was never designed with intent of NOT getting all 3 trucks.
1v1 meta allowed skipping one truck, but they always were supposed to eventually deploy all 3 and faction is balanced around that.

This is also why you are supposed to deploy ALL trucks before you can call-in heavy, while everyone else only needs last tech.

If you need LVs and repairs more then indirect and infantry healing is 100% up to your own priorities.
22 May 2021, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2021, 22:30 PMKatitof

Other factions aren't incentivised to backtech with a super heavy stock tank nor their alternative tech offer much, contrary to OKW.

How will the allies even compete without the ability of wasting 55 fuel of extra tech to get a 270 fuel Heavy Tank!!
22 May 2021, 22:34 PM

How will the allies even compete without the ability of wasting 55 fuel of extra tech to get a 270 fuel Heavy Tank!!

Protip:
If you go straight for BGHQ, you don't need to backtech for it.
Face reality, you never had micro needed to keep that LV alife long enough for it to pay for itself anyway, so you don't need it.
22 May 2021, 22:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2021, 22:34 PMKatitof

Protip:
If you go straight for BGHQ, you don't need to backtech for it.
Face reality, you never had micro needed to keep that LV alife long enough for it to pay for itself anyway, so you don't need it.

I'm sure you'd know a lot about micro in your (ex) lvl8 4vs4 SOV rank (and let's be honest, I'm being generous here), seeing as you are losing your sleep over the most tech and cost expensive heavy tank in game and considering a privilege having to build every single tech structure for it as opposed to calling it in after Tier 4
22 May 2021, 22:40 PM

When I play OKW, I mostly play it with Panzerfusilier and thus rush the G43s so the munitions are often kept for the upgrade rather than the healing and therefore I often start with the battle group. The problem I have with the current battle group is the timing of it. I already need to build the truck, then place it, then take the LV upgrade, then take the healing. Which just takes so so so much time to fully do. Can't the time to research medics at least be instant ?
22 May 2021, 23:14 PM

While I disagree that BG and Mech aren't side grades to each other (I think they're actually quite balanced relative to each other at the moment in spite of OKW's flaws) the real pants kicker is that even if you go Battlegroup, you're probably going to need to use the 45 Muni Medkit ability before you can even get medics if you want to maintain field presence and I think that could be improved on.

I'd like to see the Medic upgrade on Battlegroup decreased in time by a significant amount and as necessary have the secondary Battlegroup tech timing increased to make up for it if total tech timing becomes an issue. OKW has the latest natural healing source of all the factions and it's incredibly rough to be out 45 Muni most games because you needed to heal once before your medics come up in order to maintain field presence.

I'd also be willing to argue for cheaper Sturmpio Medikits since if you do go Mechanized you go from the least Muni starved faction to the most having to spend about 180-270 Muni on healing alone before it's reasonable from a timing perspective to backtech medics, which is kind of ridiculous. Drop that to 30-35 per kit and you're still spending more than any other faction for healing as you should given your tech choice, but it doesn't eat your whole muni bank attempting to sustain your infantry throughout the match.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 24
Germany 45
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L