Login

russian armor

Renforce button need to change

9 Apr 2021, 12:46 PM

I want we need to click one time for get the squad full and don't spam the button 5 times

And Add the renforce button in the mini-map

:thumbsup:
9 Apr 2021, 12:54 PM

Can you refresh my mind on how this plays a role on the topic of "balance".

Not gonna lie, I'm really curious.

:)
9 Apr 2021, 13:06 PM

I want we need to click one time for get the squad full and don't spam the button 5 times

And Add the renforce button in the mini-map

:thumbsup:
There are more buttons that are more confusing af for newbies

9 Apr 2021, 13:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

/moved to lobby
9 Apr 2021, 14:35 PM

*Looks at player card: sub 1000*

*Looks at the topic of the thread: complaints about having to click the same button more than once*

Me: confused
Pip
9 Apr 2021, 14:58 PM

Can you refresh my mind on how this plays a role on the topic of "balance".

Not gonna lie, I'm really curious.

:)

Well, you see; Soviet have to press "Reinforce" up to five times to have their mainline infantry at full strength, whereas Ostheer generally only need to press it three times. Soviet players therefore spend approximately 66.6667% more time reinforcing than their Ostheer counterparts (Possibly slightly less, as Combat Engineers also only require three "Reinforce" presses, It may be worth analysing recent tournaments to see precisely how many extra "Reinforcement" presses the average OSTheer player is saving relative to their SOV counterparts). 66.6667% is quite a large increase, so I surmise that this is the cause of much of the potential winrate disparity between OST and SOV, SOV simply do not have as much time to micro as OSTheer.

However, Osttruppen also require up to five "Reinforce" presses, which leads me to believe that Osttruppen are inherently a more balanced mainline infantry unit for OSTheer.

In conclusion: I agree with OP, we badly need a "Reinforce All" button to help improve balance between OSTheer and SOV, and bridge the massive micro gap between the two factions.

9 Apr 2021, 17:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

TBH i think for a future installment of the franchise, a right click on reinforce button to autocast it would be fine.
9 Apr 2021, 18:24 PM

TBH i think for a future installment of the franchise, a right click on reinforce button to autocast it would be fine.

I really liked the auto reinforce feature in DoW games. Granted you could reinforce anywhere but it was a really good QoL change.
9 Apr 2021, 18:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wonder how much it would affect the game if we had auto cast abilities upon entering combat, in a similar way to WC3.

Obviously it would be a selected few ones, but i'm thinking how much better some officer like units would become if that would be the case.
Pip
9 Apr 2021, 18:39 PM

I wonder how much it would affect the game if we had auto cast abilities upon entering combat, in a similar way to WC3.

Obviously it would be a selected few ones, but i'm thinking how much better some officer like units would become if that would be the case.

It's hard to say, unit micro is almost the only thing you do in the game, the "macro" portion of an RTS is pretty much entirely dispensed with. If units gained even MORE abilities in CoH3, then I could see Autocast being potentially useful, but as it stands; It's not as though you're TOO overwhelmed by unit abilities at the moment.

I suppose the other part of it is that unit abilities in CoH are generally fairly long-cooldown/high impact abilities, and they also often cost a global resource. You'd almost always want to pick and choose your targets, rather than just having your squads waste resources by autocasting onto the first pleb to walk near to them.
9 Apr 2021, 19:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2021, 18:39 PMPip

It's hard to say, unit micro is almost the only thing you do in the game, the "macro" portion of an RTS is pretty much entirely dispensed with. If units gained even MORE abilities in CoH3, then I could see Autocast being potentially useful, but as it stands; It's not as though you're TOO overwhelmed by unit abilities at the moment.

I suppose the other part of it is that unit abilities in CoH are generally fairly long-cooldown/high impact abilities, and they also often cost a global resource. You'd almost always want to pick and choose your targets, rather than just having your squads waste resources by autocasting onto the first pleb to walk near to them.

Which is why i said selected units and abilities.

Going through the ability guide, i don't think i have seen too much use out of:

-Diversion (OH officer)
-Mark unit (Upgraded PG)
-Interrogation (G43, Rip after we had to kill crawlers due to how they provided passive vision)
-WC mark target
-Not one step back (Commisar)
-Hold the line
-Inspire infantry (KV)
-Target them (OKW)

Fairly low impact with low cost abilities. In case of mark target, it could be a bit lower that max casting range prioritizing highest value unit (considering how hard is to keep it alive at that point in the game).

From all those, i think Interrogation should work like minesweeper behaviour (when they have nothing to do they sweep).

11 Apr 2021, 09:41 AM

Dawn of War 2 had this
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight