Login

russian armor

How high is cheating prevalent in this game??

• This thread is locked
4 Apr 2021, 16:52 PM

Ok, this is 3rd time in last 10 matches that i got a teammate who called enemy opening/strats and stuff, last two times when i asked they didn't said anything, this one confirmed it that he uses maphack. Irony is they stomped us, i mean he played terribly and then he called surrender. And that happened with the last one, maybe too caught up in looking what is happening in fog of war to play properly and react. I dont know but it was funny how easly he got pushed even with cheats, same story with last one.
So is there any other way to report them other than steam>report user for cheating>choose game? Nothing happened to last two of them, so i will open thread and ask here. I though this game was more or less hack free?

EDIT: I removed pictures, afaik it is forbidden to expose cheaters nickname?
4 Apr 2021, 17:02 PM

Ok, this is 3rd time in last 10 matches that i got a teammate who called enemy opening/strats and stuff, last two times when i asked they didn't said anything, this one confirmed it that he uses maphack. Irony is they stomped us, i mean he played terribly and then he called surrender. And that happened with the last one, maybe too caught up in looking what is happening in fog of war to play properly and react. I dont know but it was funny how easly he got pushed even with cheats, same story with last one.
So is there any other way to report them other than steam>report user for cheating>choose game? Nothing happened to last two of them, so i will open thread and ask here. I though this game was more or less hack free?

EDIT: I removed pictures, afaik it is forbidden to expose cheaters nickname?

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/201680131-How-to-report-drop-hacking-griefing-chat-lobby-in-game-abuse-etc-

You can report them.

It is all explained in this link.
4 Apr 2021, 17:06 PM

As a side note, you've completely misunderstood what Olvadi was saying lol; it's also really easy to check if he's MHing or not because he's currently streaming.

When you asked 'maphack', he was replying yes and check doctrine because he was referring to radio intercept (sometimes jokingly referred to as a maphack), which was why he knew builds and could call them out. I don't know how you haven't encountered this before at your rank, so here's to hoping this is some kind of attempt at a bizarre joke? XD
4 Apr 2021, 17:24 PM

As Aphyria said, it was probably Radio Intercept

On a side note, I really doubt there would be more than 1 cheater per 200 matches average in this, simply because of the extreme overabundance of 'legal maphacks'
4 Apr 2021, 17:39 PM

I think maphack to remove fog of war is available for this game. And many times I wondered if the enemy has it but in the end they were always just lucky.

You should be able to tell if they have maphack or not from the replay. If you are not sure, feel free to upload it and someone will take a look.
4 Apr 2021, 17:41 PM

people ironically refer to abilties in game as maphack, and cheating isn't very common in my (I think well informed) estimation
4 Apr 2021, 17:46 PM

Ok, maybe i am wrong, i almost never play soviets, so dont know all the comanders. But does radio intercept says name of the unit enemy builds?
4 Apr 2021, 17:47 PM

Ok, maybe i am wrong, i almost never play soviets, so dont know all the comanders. But does radio intercept says name of the unit enemy builds?

yes
Pip
4 Apr 2021, 18:12 PM

A little ticker pops up on the side of the screen every time the opponent builds an unit, and when you're facing OST you also get a slightly garbled voiceline (The same one the OST player gets when an unit is built, but with more static.)

You get the ticker when OKW builds an unit, but no voice lines, I'm afraid. Its an unresolved issue (I'm not sure if distorted OKW lines exist, I don't think it's a filter applied to the lines, they're actually separate sound files)
4 Apr 2021, 19:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Use this enforcement@relic.com and follow this https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/246442/player-reporting-guidelines#latest

I think you got your question answered and situation cleared. If you want send me a PM and i'll open up the thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★