Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Soviet Feedback

PAGES (40)down
7 Apr 2021, 14:31 PM
Benefactor 115

Not a fan of the B4 changes, a lot of the spectacle of the unit is lost with the 3 shot barrage.

The fused charges from the vet 1 120mm Mortar are garbage. The scatter is huge and a direct hit doesn't do much damage to buildings/bunkers.
7 Apr 2021, 15:14 PM

Not a fan of the B4 changes, a lot of the spectacle of the unit is lost with the 3 shot barrage.

The fused charges from the vet 1 120mm Mortar are garbage. The scatter is huge and a direct hit doesn't do much damage to buildings/bunkers.

When I tested it (I suspect it similar to MHT that I use vs truck) it did enough damage when it hit an OKW truck.
7 Apr 2021, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2021, 15:14 PMVipper

When I tested it (I suspect it similar to MHT that I use vs truck) it did enough damage when it hit an OKW truck.

It does damage when it hits.

It doesn't hit anything because it has obnoxiously high scatter and low aoe.

It couldn't be more irrelevant how good the damage is when less then one per 10 shots actually do hit.

In case you already forgot how often it was hitting, try it again or even watch tightrope vid.
7 Apr 2021, 15:22 PM

It does damage when it hits.

Then you agree with my point because I was responding to :

"a direct hit doesn't do much damage to buildings/bunkers."

It doesn't hit anything because it has obnoxiously high scatter and low aoe.

It couldn't be more irrelevant how good the damage is when less then one per 10 shots actually do hit.

In case you already forgot how often it was hitting, try it again or even watch tightrope vid.

I do not need to watch any video because I have tested myself.

Weapons firing at max range in FOW will scatter allot as it is expected.

My point is that it does damage when it hits to which you have already agreed so I am not sure why you felt the need to quote me and respond about the high scatter as if I had claimed that it has low scatter.
7 Apr 2021, 15:26 PM

If ability is not reliable, it does not matter how much damage it deals.

If you need an example to understand that as you clearly struggle again, check B-4.

Every unit does damage.
But if it can't do damage due to not being able to hit anything, its bad.

There are multiple people who tried delayed fuse barrage and came to a conclusion that it is a trash ability with current values and there is one single vipper saying otherwise, probably calling it OP in next post or two.

Scatter on delayed fuse has absolutely no reason to be this bad compared to regular barrage, which is MORE effective against static targets at the moment.
7 Apr 2021, 15:35 PM

I say there should be poll on weather to revert the B4 changes or try a different approach.
7 Apr 2021, 15:49 PM

Alright then, glad to see you agree it has terrible accuracy that needs to be buffed.
7 Apr 2021, 15:53 PM

Alright then, glad to see you agree it has terrible accuracy that needs to be buffed.

Try to stick to what I have posted instead of creating imaginary post pls.

I have not made any comment about scatter (I have no agreed with you) because that would need extensive testing or stats.

Is it your opinion it should always hit and damage a truck at range 100 firing in fog of war?
7 Apr 2021, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2021, 15:53 PMVipper

Is it your opinion it should always hit and damage a truck at range 100 firing in fog of war?

For a vet 1 ability on a doctirnal unit that is currently weaker the regular free barrage? Yeah it probably should have excellent accuracy.
Pip
7 Apr 2021, 16:41 PM

For a vet 1 ability on a doctirnal unit that is currently weaker the regular free barrage? Yeah it probably should have excellent accuracy.

It should have better accuracy than now, Tightrope's recent video seems to imply that the Delayed Fuse ability is strictly worse than the regular barrage, but I'm not sure if it should chunk OKW trucks specifically too heavily.
7 Apr 2021, 16:59 PM

Not really, OKW will not be able to counter it from range 100.

In addition the shots are different from normal barrage they will damage Ele/JT and do up 160 damage (I tested with USF version since I did not change version again).

I have used timed fused USF rounds (I expect the are about the same) and they are good. At range 100 in a unit with ability to retreat they would cause problem.
7 Apr 2021, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2021, 16:59 PMVipper

Not really, OKW will not be able to counter it from range 100.

Delayed Fused Rounds will always penetrate vehicles and deal more direct damage to targets, making them ideal against fortified positions, but ineffective against mobile infantry. 3 second detonation fuse upon landing. 35 Munition cost.

So don't try to outcamp anti camper "siege" weapon while sitting on your ass?
Move on 120mm position and chase it away or lose trucks.

Plus, that argument is retarded in the first place, since 120mm has 100 range already, just do the exact same thing you did up until now against it. The new barrage doesn't give it any extra range.
7 Apr 2021, 17:13 PM

So don't try to outcamp anti camper "siege" weapon while sitting on your ass?
Move on 120mm position and chase it away or lose trucks.

I have a better idea, do not create problem where there are none.

This ability is simply not needed and it will take a while to balance correctly.
7 Apr 2021, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2021, 17:13 PMVipper

I have a better idea, do not create problem where there are none.

Awesome idea! Heed your own advise:

This ability is simply not needed and it will take a while to balance correctly.

Don't worry, we're not in a rush.
We literally have MONTHS to get it right.
Just like we got right USF mortar delayed fuse eventually.

Its meant to counter fortifications, that means trucks and bunkers.
It does not do it at the moment, so we need to improve it.
7 Apr 2021, 17:50 PM

As I mentioned earlier, to fix the scatter either lower the max scatter numbers OR lower max range of the Delayed HE barrage, which also lowers scatter. Not too hard, copy the settings off other mortars.
PAGES (40)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS