Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - OKW Feedback

PAGES (35)down
Pip
24 May 2021, 00:11 AM

OKW tanks need better veterancy esp 4th and 5th. Crews acting like drunk teenagers having fun with their parents sedan... Combat blitz can be buffed or accuracy can be buffed or reaction time- aim time, something inculudes timing for fcks sake... Actually all okw needs some vet re-work.

It's been decided that vet 4 and 5 for OKW units is for "flavour" rather than direct combat performance, to my knowledge.
MMX
24 May 2021, 02:45 AM

OKW tanks need better veterancy esp 4th and 5th. Crews acting like drunk teenagers having fun with their parents sedan... Combat blitz can be buffed or accuracy can be buffed or reaction time- aim time, something inculudes timing for fcks sake... Actually all okw needs some vet re-work.

not sure which unit exactly you're complaining about, but veterancy bonuses for OKW's tanks are very good across the board, vet 4 & 5 being no exception here. the pz.iv, for example, gets a 20% scatter reduction at 4 stars and 25% better accuracy on the move plus a decent sight increase upon reaching vet 5. those are massive combat buffs against both tanks and infantry that OKW gets on top of the usual reload and mobility boost all factions get with vet on their respective tanks.
24 May 2021, 06:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2021, 02:45 AMMMX

not sure which unit exactly you're complaining about, but veterancy bonuses for OKW's tanks are very good across the board, vet 4 & 5 being no exception here. the pz.iv, for example, gets a 20% scatter reduction at 4 stars and 25% better accuracy on the move plus a decent sight increase upon reaching vet 5. those are massive combat buffs against both tanks and infantry that OKW gets on top of the usual reload and mobility boost all factions get with vet on their respective tanks.

On paper ! Panther and Pnzr IV literally the nightmare of RNG Street plus slow like an Excavator. If you cant literally deal any consistent damage Those "nice vet gains are" irrelevant. Its Nature of the Vehicles stats. Thats why It needs to be adjusted.
MMX
24 May 2021, 06:31 AM

On paper ! Panther and Pnzr IV literally the nightmare of RNG Street plus slow like an Excavator. If you cant literally deal any consistent damage Those "nice vet gains are" irrelevant. Its Nature of the Vehicles stats. Thats why It needs to be adjusted.

you do understand that these 'irrelevant' vet gains do exactly what you complain about; they decrease the impact of rng by significantly increasing the odds of actually hitting something? and that this is a trait OKW has almost exclusively since no other faction's tanks gain lower scatter and better moving acc with vet (apart from few very select exceptions)? and that OKW tanks get this on top of other vet bonuses that are standard for every faction (e.g. 30% better reload, mobility, etc.)?
24 May 2021, 06:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2021, 06:31 AMMMX

you do understand that these 'irrelevant' vet gains do exactly what you complain about; they decrease the impact of rng by significantly increasing the odds of actually hitting something? and that this is a trait OKW has almost exclusively since no other faction's tanks gain lower scatter and better moving acc with vet (apart from few very select exceptions)? and that OKW tanks get this on top of other vet bonuses that are standard for every faction (e.g. 30% better reload, mobility, etc.)?

Most of non veted allied tanks do their job with consistancy better then axis ones plus supporting better Inf. Irrelevant because non-vetted Pz4 or Pz5's not really gives u edge, clunky to use,roll dice even you play relatively better. This is current one of the boring balance decision to negate bad allied bolster against good ostheer bolster .
24 May 2021, 07:33 AM

How can you describe them as "slow" when they have stock blitz skill to maneuver like crazy? Panther is one of the best dive-in tank in game.

And why you think they are the only units being challenged with RNG? It works the same to the allies tanks too. P4j has second to best AI in medium(sherman with HE being first), with exceptionally high armor(234) in medium class. You can force opponent to roll the dice when it comes to medium vs medium match.
24 May 2021, 07:43 AM

How can you describe them as "slow" when they have stock blitz skill to maneuver like crazy? Panther is one of the best dive-in tank in game.

And why you think they are the only units being challenged with RNG? It works the same to the allies tanks too. P4j has second to best AI in medium(sherman with HE being first), with exceptionally high armor(234) in medium class. You can force opponent to roll the dice when it comes to medium vs medium match.

Blitz mostly Suicide commando or Get out sight card from Godly allied TD's...

?? blitz skill to maneuver like crazy? ??

P4j has second to best AI in medium use it for a while then we can disscuss

exceptionally high armor(234) İrrelevant against High pen AT Shels,TD's or Movement speed under snare.

You can force opponent to roll the dice when it comes to medium vs medium match. You simply dont use any armor againts german armor just let them dive to be more effective then snare its carcass to the moon then dance with it.
Pip
24 May 2021, 14:31 PM

Blitz mostly Suicide commando or Get out sight card from Godly allied TD's...

?? blitz skill to maneuver like crazy? ??

P4j has second to best AI in medium use it for a while then we can disscuss

exceptionally high armor(234) İrrelevant against High pen AT Shels,TD's or Movement speed under snare.

You can force opponent to roll the dice when it comes to medium vs medium match. You simply dont use any armor againts german armor just let them dive to be more effective then snare its carcass to the moon then dance with it.

Do you know what bonuses Combat Blitz actually provides to Axis tanks?

By what metric are you determining that Axis armour are quite so heavily RNG dependent? Is it just anecdotal, or have you actually read any of the statistics surrounding these vehicles? If the former: I hope you realise that you may be suffering from confirmation bias.

The high armour isnt irrelevant against a lot of the AT options afforded to the Allies. TDs and munitions-cost AP ammo punches through them, but medium tank rounds, and quite a few of their handheld/crew served AT solutions can be reliably expected to bounce, increasing survivability rather impressively.

I'm really not sure how you came to the conclusion that "not building armour" is the way to defeat Axis armoured units. What's stopping Axis doing the same thing? Please explain your thought process.
24 May 2021, 19:47 PM

Please allow me to take all Elo out of you with P4 so I can get into lv.18 with WM :)
25 May 2021, 06:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2021, 14:31 PMPip

Do you know what bonuses Combat Blitz actually provides to Axis tanks?

By what metric are you determining that Axis armour are quite so heavily RNG dependent? Is it just anecdotal, or have you actually read any of the statistics surrounding these vehicles? If the former: I hope you realise that you may be suffering from confirmation bias.

The high armour isnt irrelevant against a lot of the AT options afforded to the Allies. TDs and munitions-cost AP ammo punches through them, but medium tank rounds, and quite a few of their handheld/crew served AT solutions can be reliably expected to bounce, increasing survivability rather impressively.

I'm really not sure how you came to the conclusion that "not building armour" is the way to defeat Axis armoured units. What's stopping Axis doing the same thing? Please explain your thought process.

Yes pipboy I know the stats , its not a rocket sicence...
Raw stats doesnt negate fact that Units luckluster for their role's on practice . Army compositions also a value which I am not gonna argue every aspect of it.

Read again I said you dont use allied armor to win axis armor toe to toe fight , trying to snare or using shock AT options better and practical way if you not gonna use expensive TD's also I was refering Med to med fight for that spesific conversation . Axis need armor to have powerspike against simple allied mainlines or verstile allied armor , allies have more wide spread options , utilites.
On paper all raw stats looks fine but not enough with current bolster,abilities,utilites measure between armies,combo's etc...

Please allow me to take all Elo out of you with P4 so I can get into lv.18 with WM :)

I didnt realize we were talking winning games esp with p4? I have enough gameplay hours and did win as axis or lose with p4's or without it or as allies is same . . Going for I steamroll or butt to the sky mode againts people that you have no idea about how they play...Is special though...
25 May 2021, 07:21 AM

Yes pipboy I know the stats , its not a rocket sicence...
Raw stats doesnt negate fact that Units luckluster for their role's on practice . Army compositions also a value which I am not gonna argue every aspect of it.

Read again I said you dont use allied armor to win axis armor toe to toe fight , trying to snare or using shock AT options better and practical way if you not gonna use expensive TD's also I was refering Med to med fight for that spesific conversation . Axis need armor to have powerspike against simple allied mainlines or verstile allied armor , allies have more wide spread options , utilites.
On paper all raw stats looks fine but not enough with current bolster,abilities,utilites measure between armies,combo's etc...

I didnt realize we were talking winning games esp with p4? I have enough gameplay hours and did win as axis or lose with p4's or without it or as allies is same . . Going for I steamroll or butt to the sky mode againts people that you have no idea about how they play...Is special though...

OKW need cheap TD. Something like JagPzIV ....... ;)
25 May 2021, 18:18 PM

Only issue I see with the OKW is the Volksgrenadier that has been powercreeped by other mainlines. Nothing else.

Edit: But since nerfing all other mainlines is not that bright of an idea, I would suggest giving them -5% RA and a 3rd STG at Vet5. To help their late game bleed issue.
Pip
25 May 2021, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2021, 18:18 PMJilet
Only issue I see with the OKW is the Volksgrenadier that has been powercreeped by other mainlines. Nothing else.

Edit: But since nerfing all other mainlines is not that bright of an idea, I would suggest giving them -5% RA and a 3rd STG at Vet5. To help their late game bleed issue.

I'm not sure if either of those changes would help their late game bleeding issues, honestly. What you'd want is a reduction in reinforcement cost, and an increased speed of reinforcement. (I'd want a sixth man, too, but this would be part of what would pretty much be a total rework of the unit)

Volks don't need to /fight/ better in the lategame, OKW have Obers and other elite infantry for that. Volks just need to do what conscripts do, and be a meat wall that's hard to kill efficiently. This is the case early, but not late.
25 May 2021, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2021, 18:55 PMPip

I'm not sure if either of those changes would help their late game bleeding issues, honestly. What you'd want is a reduction in reinforcement cost, and an increased speed of reinforcement. (I'd want a sixth man, too, but this would be part of what would pretty much be a total rework of the unit)

Volks don't need to /fight/ better in the lategame, OKW have Obers and other elite infantry for that. Volks just need to do what conscripts do, and be a meat wall that's hard to kill efficiently. This is the case early, but not late.

I mean, the faction also lacks CQC units other than the overloaded Sturmpioneer which will hardly see any combat late game due to repairs and minesweeping (and healing if you don't go medics). So the 3rd STG with a little RA would probably help them late game at least trade somewhat decently rather than getting facerolled.

Yet, I do get your point and them having 6-men with reduced reinforcement cost sounds really interesting but would probably be too strong. However, only a reinforcement cost thing would be underwhelming since Volks have nowhere near the staying power of concripts.
25 May 2021, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2021, 18:55 PMPip

This

Alternatively, if it risks becoming too spammy, that should be replaced by a vet 4 RA bonus to better soak up damage
25 May 2021, 19:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2021, 07:21 AMAradan

OKW need cheap TD. Something like JagPzIV ....... ;)

To be fair, a doctrinal emergency Stug before Panzer Authorization as M10 equivalent would surely have its role. It even has voicelines.
27 May 2021, 00:53 AM

To be fair, a doctrinal emergency Stug before Panzer Authorization as M10 equivalent would surely have its role. It even has voicelines.

Well that would be interesting to see
19 Jun 2021, 09:23 AM

OKW still full of bugs meme 1v1.

P4 the only choice can't hit(80% miss), all shots deflected by a Sherman, T34 and Brit armors.

Your only anti-tank is a short rage raketen. Can we just add PAK and replace this shit anti-tank that light armors are murdering because of its range.

You have to use JLI to use raketen effectively which is also nerfed.
19 Jun 2021, 14:53 PM

OKW still full of bugs meme 1v1.

P4 the only choice can't hit(80% miss), all shots deflected by a Sherman, T34 and Brit armors.

Your only anti-tank is a short rage raketen. Can we just add PAK and replace this shit anti-tank that light armors are murdering because of its range.

You have to use JLI to use raketen effectively which is also nerfed.

Literally not a single thing here is NOT a massive, misleading, detached from reality exaggeration.
20 Jun 2021, 06:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2021, 14:53 PMKatitof

Literally not a single thing here is NOT a massive, misleading, detached from reality exaggeration.

Agree with you here though I am pretty sure he is trolling or just bad at the game.
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS