Login

russian armor

Should the SU85's vision ability be nerfed/removed

25 Mar 2021, 20:50 PM

Agree that the IRHT need changes and pointed out multiple times during preview.

The point I have made about IRHT is that, if vision above 80 is a problem for IRHT (which is reckon vehicle) than it also is for SU-85 that can obtain above 80(arguably a bigger since it is a good TD and not reckon vehicle nor in need of secondary role)
25 Mar 2021, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 20:50 PMVipper

The point I have made about IRHT is that, if vision above 80 is a problem for IRHT (which is reckon vehicle) than it also is for SU-85 that can obtain above 80(arguably a bigger since it is a good TD and not reckon vehicle nor in need of secondary role)

its not that simple though. lots of things go into a unit, cost and timing is one of those. you can buy like, 5 IR-HT for the price of a single su85. the higher the cost, the more points you have allocated into the unit. so 80 sight may we4ll be OK on a non recon unit but not ok on a recon unit simply because of accessibility. again, i dont thinkl the su85 should self spot, but this is as apples to oranges as it gets.

pathfinders are also recon units, and they don't see 80 range, because theres more to it than job.
25 Mar 2021, 21:23 PM

its not that simple though. lots of things go into a unit, cost and timing is one of those. you can buy like, 5 IR-HT for the price of a single su85. the higher the cost, the more points you have allocated into the unit. so 80 sight may we4ll be OK on a non recon unit but not ok on a recon unit simply because of accessibility. again, i dont thinkl the su85 should self spot, but this is as apples to oranges as it gets.

pathfinders are also recon units, and they don't see 80 range, because theres more to it than job.

Since in you opinion the SU-85 should not be able to self-spot it is fine by even if you do not agree with one of my arguments.
26 Mar 2021, 05:16 AM

Now I'm not saying this ability is OP or anything but this does make this unit be a little too self sufficient. This almost counter acts it's weakness being slow and turret less if it can see nearly 20 range before it's intended target can shoot.

Even though I consider the SU85 to be the most balanced TD out of all of them this still bothers me a little. I think this vision ability should be removed or at least nerfed. This units weakness is that it need combined arms but the ability makes it self sufficient. Now that the soviet pop cap efficiency is a thing I think this ability should be looked at a bit.

Yes Agree about what u said , this ability is insane giving a TD a vision to its Max range never gonna be a good idea , it really need to be removed.
26 Mar 2021, 09:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 19:09 PMVipper

Most TDs have little or not AI also.

Tracking shows infatry and support weapons including Paks even beyond their max range, as an icing on the case it even show cloaked units like sniper.

This is an ability suited for reckon vehicle not a TD.

That is not a very accurate description of the ability and an "extra" shot can make quite all the difference.

One can use tracking without focus sight on. Then one not only get info about the position of infatry that can snare and paks but also provide 360 vision even on the move allowing the unit to basically self spot for extended range.

One can combine focus sight and tracking and get extra vision than most reckon vehicles.

The ability does not fit the role of a TD and combination of the 2 abilities is simply broken.

If the unit actually need something although is great TD (and imo it fine with having "focus sight" as timed vet 1 ability) it can get an ability that is better suited for a TD.

The su85 is consindered fine/most balanced/most cost effective td, it recieved some slight nerfs and suddenly its an insane op unit with tracking and focused sight. Man talking about jumping on the hype train without thinking.
Some common sense people, su85 is stronger then the jackson now after it got nerfed? after screeching jackson is op for quite a while.

Whats next t70 recon becomes timed because it a light tank? Mg's loose ap rounds because they are mg's? Aaa cant shoot at ground targets anymore cuz they are aaa? Come on.

That the extra shot it can get off with tracking is nothing game breaking. Stug can put tanks out of the fight and slow it down pretty much garateeing it or others get an extra shot off.
Jagpzr 4 with its high armour/rof plus camo can get plenty off extra shots of in this way.
Jackson has 0.75 acc on the move and has premium rounds meaning it always gets extra shot off even without vet.
26 Mar 2021, 09:42 AM

The su85 is consindered fine/most balanced/most cost effective td, it recieved some slight nerfs and suddenly its an insane op unit with tracking and focused sight. Man talking about jumping on the hype train without thinking.

Well, i said it was the most balanced out of the bunch. I'm not saying it's op I'm saying it should not spot for it self. You can basically defend against vehicles without putting other units at risk(risk that they would have to take if they were to spot for it). It ok for offense as you will have to have infantry and faster vehicles in front of it/ Using this murdur chasing tanks is also fine in my opinion.
26 Mar 2021, 09:53 AM

Some common sense people, su85 is stronger then the jackson now after it got nerfed? after screeching jackson is op for quite a while.

Whats next t70 recon becomes timed because it a light tank? Mg's loose ap rounds because they are mg's? Aaa cant shoot at ground targets anymore cuz they are aaa? Come on.

That the extra shot it can get off with tracking is nothing game breaking. Stug can put tanks out of the fight and slow it down pretty much garateeing it or others get an extra shot off.
Jagpzr 4 with its high armour/rof plus camo can get plenty off extra shots of in this way.
Jackson has 0.75 acc on the move and has premium rounds meaning it always gets extra shot off even without vet.

This thread is specifically about the vision of SU-85 if you want to talk generally about SU-85 I suggest you start a thread about. I have not "jumped in any hype train", the unit is very cost efficient for reason I will not go into in this thread.
Thank you
26 Mar 2021, 10:44 AM

i suggest make it like spotting scopes. moving will disable the extra vision.

the narrowed cone of view is nothing of effect, when you have other units around it.
26 Mar 2021, 13:40 PM

Well, i said it was the most balanced out of the bunch. I'm not saying it's op I'm saying it should not spot for it self. You can basically defend against vehicles without putting other units at risk(risk that they would have to take if they were to spot for it). It ok for offense as you will have to have infantry and faster vehicles in front of it/ Using this murdur chasing tanks is also fine in my opinion.

I get your point, but the su85 doesnt have high armour/mobility/high mov acc/stun/high alpha damage/high rof/camo or a turret to defend itself with, not even a good stock medium.
It has vision wich is no more powerfull then the previous points i mentioned, esp considering speed debuff on focused sight.

Its not you but others are blowing this way out of preportion. Or are making a case against a dual role unit on a faction littred with dual role units.
26 Mar 2021, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 09:53 AMVipper

This thread is specifically about the vision of SU-85 if you want to talk generally about SU-85 I suggest you start a thread about. I have not "jumped in any hype train", the unit is very cost efficient for reason I will not go into in this thread.
Thank you

Wich other units have focused sight or trackingvor a combination? To my knowlidge none. These abilities cant be discussed without the basic preformance of the su85 taken into account.
26 Mar 2021, 13:50 PM

Wich other units have focused sight or trackingvor a combination? To my knowlidge none. These abilities cant be discussed without the basic preformance of the su85 taken into account.

I am not sure why you are asking me.
The OP decided the the topic and and title of the this thread not me.

Even so I see not argument to be made here because is inline if not better than case mate TDs.

If the SU-85 was actually a bad/average TD maybe one could argue about but this is simply not the case.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★