Login

russian armor

destroy engine mechanic

8 Mar 2021, 17:55 PM
Donator 22

Imo this needs removing Fromm the game its just a joke heavy damage is enough surely!?

As it stands the M8 mine gives the opposing player no chance to recover which is just not fun or competitive imo. Yes use sweepers blah blah but its not always that easy especially as OKW where you usually only have one strum pio.

Cant remember if ostheer riegal mine works the same but if so same for this as well although I don't think I have ever seen anyone use it ever. Same point stands as above.

8 Mar 2021, 18:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I guess someone lost a game right now.

And yes both mines are designed to break thread/engine destroy.
Pip
8 Mar 2021, 18:47 PM

Imo this needs removing Fromm the game its just a joke heavy damage is enough surely!?

As it stands the M8 mine gives the opposing player no chance to recover which is just not fun or competitive imo. Yes use sweepers blah blah but its not always that easy especially as OKW where you usually only have one strum pio.

Cant remember if ostheer riegal mine works the same but if so same for this as well although I don't think I have ever seen anyone use it ever. Same point stands as above.

The Riegel literally immobilises vehicles that drive over it until they're healed Repaired. The M8 and Riegel are balanced by the fact you need to use a vehicle to plant them, and in the case of the Riegel; Being doctrinal.

The solution to fighting them really is to have a sweeper, though both also have the fairly obvious tell that the enemy is driving around with particular vehicles.
8 Mar 2021, 21:13 PM

M20 Utility Car is useless without the mine.
8 Mar 2021, 21:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2021, 18:47 PMPip

The Riegel literally immobilises vehicles that drive over it until they're healed Repaired. The M8 and Riegel are balanced by the fact you need to use a vehicle to plant them, and in the case of the Riegel; Being doctrinal.

The solution to fighting them really is to have a sweeper, though both also have the fairly obvious tell that the enemy is driving around with particular vehicles.

Can't really add anything more to that as it nails the point.

You can't demand to nerf everything that you've lost game to because you've got reckless.

There is an extremely obvious calling that this mine might be planted around and you should start sweeping - the presence of fucking M20!
9 Mar 2021, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2021, 21:13 PMSpoof
M20 Utility Car is useless without the mine.

Incorrect.
9 Mar 2021, 04:26 AM

Incorrect.

What else is it good for? Is there any reason to pick it over the Stuart?
9 Mar 2021, 04:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2021, 04:26 AMSpoof

So good for harassing capping squads. And they're really too dangerous to chase down, also great sight range.
MMX
9 Mar 2021, 04:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2021, 04:26 AMSpoof

it's a great early game harassment tool and comes way earlier than a stuart. thanks to the latest patch it even got a bit wider timing window before the first counters (e.g. 222) hit the field, which is what made it strong a few years back. and since you'll now have snares on all your rifles the moment you fulfill the tech requirements to build one, it should be much easier to keep the m20 alive during the phase where it's most vulnerable.
plus, no one keeps you from getting both LVs...
9 Mar 2021, 16:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Incorrect.

Context matter. Probable not a good unit for 4v4 without the mine.
9 Mar 2021, 16:54 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I'd just like to point out we're talking about the M6 heavy AT mine correct? Not the M8 mine(?) whatever that is.

Anyways they're really punishing mines, probably too punishing, but OST and USF both get them and honestly the OST one is better because they're super hard to see because they're thin bar mines as opposed to circular mines. They're more noob punishes though, as higher end players are typically looking for mines when you're operating vehicles and they become less effective the higher the ELO becomes.
10 Mar 2021, 02:42 AM

Context matter. Probable not a good unit for 4v4 without the mine.

The sight alone would make it good in 4s
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS