Login

russian armor

UKF Commander Revamp 2021

7 Mar 2021, 18:49 PM

This thread has suggestion for UKF commander.

This a Guide to UKF Commanders:
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241808/ukf-regiments#latest
7 Mar 2021, 18:50 PM

In order to help with upcoming commander Revamp I have created this threat that includes all UKF commander so that it easier to see what abilities might need changes. Will probably post more details about UKF abilities here.

Forward Observation Post ability feels weird

Hold The Line! ability is OP

Strafing Support ability is OP especially combined with a commander that has super heavy.

Imo all need to looked at, I will add more suggestions.
7 Mar 2021, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2021, 18:49 PMVipper
Advanced Emplacement Regiment

Lend Lease Assault Regiment

CP 0 M1 81mm Mortar Team 230 MP

CP 0 Assault Infantry Sections 280 MP

CP 0 M10 Achilles Tank Destroyer 300 MP / 80 FU

CP 3 M5 Half-track 240MP/ 30 FU

You missed: CP 6 Vehicle Crew Repairs 40 FU -> Edit: and it cost 40 MU at all commanders, not 40 FU (have a look at Mobile Assault, Royal Engineer and Vanguard)
7 Mar 2021, 20:20 PM

Excellent thread
7 Mar 2021, 20:33 PM

> Hold The Line! ability is OP

> Strafing Support ability is OP especially combined with a commander that has super heavy.

Neither one is close to OP. Nowhere close.
7 Mar 2021, 20:36 PM

You missed: CP 6 Vehicle Crew Repairs 40 FU -> Edit: and it cost 40 MU at all commanders, not 40 FU (have a look at Mobile Assault, Royal Engineer and Vanguard)

thanks
7 Mar 2021, 21:01 PM

Very nice list

Big topkek at the claim that Hold the Line is OP

Off the top of my head, I can think of couple things:

Air supremacy should not be able to instagib OKW flak HQ

Hold the line should function regardless of who capped the sector its used on

And ofc, skillplanes across the board are ripe for second wave of nerf hammers

The counterbarrage should either function regardless of the map (i. e. delete the range limit) or just be replaced

Edit1:

With the Brit Commandos doctrine, I still dont get which kinds of smoke are the sight blocking ones and which just produce temporary cover. I think all smokes should just block sight; this temporary yellow cover idea is great, but with smoke it makes shit confusing AF
7 Mar 2021, 21:17 PM

CP 0 Defensive Operations

CP 3 Advanced Assembly

CP 3 Improved Fortification

CP 4 Counter Battery

CP 10 Precision Barrage

General:
The commander has a number of problems and the recent changes created some new one.

It promotes defensive play with emplacement and on the other hand it has abilities that counter the counter of emplacement which is indirect fire. It comes with counter barrage that can counter Leig/mortars and one Precision barrage that counters Lehf.

In addition it upgrading the emplacements forces make the player use less vehicles and make him depend even more on emplacements.

Imo one should rethink how this commander is to be used.

Suggestions:

Defensive Operations
Now that RO are available from T0 imo the ability should benefit RO also.

For instance RO build emplacements 10-20% faster. One could also allow IS and RO to build the same emplacement something not currently available.

Advanced Assembly
Imo this ability is badly designed. The repair radius to be used for structures is small so one build sim-cities.

New design:
Advance assembly now only repairs vehicles and price now matches Soviet repair stations(?) or have a small fuel cost (125 manpower /45 munition). So they cost less but hared to spam and only repair vehicles.
Or
FA can now be upgrade with "Improved Fortification" gaining defensive properties (mutually exclusive with repair station upgrade) and/or FA can now provide "garrison bonus" and/or FA can now be upgrade with both medic and as FRP.

Improved Fortification
Another badly designed ability that force player to invest more in static play.

New design:
Upgrade now provides garrison bonuses and reduces pop by 2(?). Fuel cost removed.
In addition emplacements get defensive bonuses for with each tech unlock.

Counter Battery
The ability has no place in this commander and should be move to another commander.

A new ability could be that troops that garrison emplacement now repair them.

Precision Barrage
Again this ability has no place in this commander. Could be replaced with:
"Increased tenacity" timed ability that for a munition cost increase the defensive properties of all emplacement and offensive properties infantries in friendly sectors.
or
"Artillery Cover" from tactical support commander

These suggestions aim in making the commander less of "spam emplacements" and promote teching while removing the commander ability to counter indirect fire weapon.

(edited)
8 Mar 2021, 03:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2021, 21:17 PMVipper

General:
The commander has a number of problems and the recent changes created some new one.

It promotes defensive play with emplacement and on the other hand it has abilities that counter the counter of emplacement which is indirect fire. It comes with counter barrage that can counter Leig/mortars and one Precision barrage that counters Lehf.

In addition it upgrading the emplacements forces make the player use less vehicles and make him depend even more on emplacements.

Imo one should rethink how this commander is to be used.

Indeed this very commander should be on the top of the rework list.

Suggestions:

Defensive Operations
Now that RO are available from T0 imo the ability should benefit RO also.

For instance RO build emplacements 10-20% faster. One could also allow IS and RO to build the same emplacement something not currently available.

the reason tommy and sapper cant built the same emplacement is that the one they built are difference entity with difference requirements, i dont know it can be fix or not. On top of that, i since the team want to keep the work minimal, i dont think they will event touch this ability since it is acceptable.

Still, if that was me, i will make it a clone of rifleman field defense. Tommy now have access to mg bunker and can lay mine, while sapper can build tank trap (UKF lack tank trap completely)

Advanced Assembly
Imo this ability is badly designed. The repair radius to be used for structures is small so one build sim-cities.

New design:
Advance assembly now only repairs vehicles and price now matches Soviet repair stations(?) or have a small fuel cost (125 manpower /45 munition). So they cost less but hared to spam and only repair vehicles.

As far as agree with that advance assembly should be a vehicle repair station, if it become one, it nolonger fit the theme of the commander. I will take "stand fast" to replace advance assembly and replace "vehicle crew repair" in royal engineer with the new advance assembly if possible.

Improved Fortification
Another badly designed ability that force player to invest more in static play.

New design:
Upgrade now provides garrison bonuses and reduces pop by 2(?). Fuel cost removed.
In addition emplacements get defensive bonuses for with each tech unlock.

Solid suggestion, but since the garrion bonuses have little impact (17ib dont event have it), i would rather make it a passive that unlock garrison bonuses for all emplacement built and reduce their pop by 1 (?). Allowing to repair from inside can also be merged in to this ability as it is related to garrison and units in garrison can also take less damage.

Note: i dont mean to have all above in one ability, but rather pick a couple of perks to go along with each others. Like:
- Passive garrison bonuses and reduce pop.
- Repair and take less dmg from inside the emplacement.

Counter Battery
The ability has no place in this commander and should be move to another commander.

A new ability could be that troops that garrison emplacement now repair them.

as long as Cb is stick with base howi, it will never be balanced, either op as in the past or useless as now. All CB abilities should simple be removed from the game. I will take some passive bonuses mentioned above to fill in this slot.

Precision Barrage
Again this ability has no place in this commander. Could be replaced with "Artillery Cover" from tactical support commander.

Again, arty cover dont realy fit the theme and PB is the only selling point that this commander had left. I rather keep it, or, if it have to go, i will take "hold the line" in it place.

8 Mar 2021, 06:12 AM

And ofc, skillplanes across the board are ripe for second wave of nerf hammers

Airforce assaults are completely countered by AA units and heavily punish careless blobbers. Not OP at all.
8 Mar 2021, 06:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2021, 18:49 PMVipper

CP 3 Advanced Assembly

-> Valentine tank (for coordinated barrage with 25 pdr)
or collection of defensive items (bunkers, tanktraps, at mines, hull down for tanks, etc)

CP 4 Counter Battery
-> 25 pounder howitzer emplacement

CP 10 Precision Barrage 200 MU
8 Mar 2021, 06:40 AM

CP 3 Advanced Assembly

-> Valentine tank (for coordinated barrage with 25 pdr)
or collection of defensive items (bunkers, tanktraps, at mines, hull down for tanks, etc)

CP 4 Counter Battery
-> 25 pounder howitzer emplacement

CP 10 Precision Barrage 200 MU

As much as i like the 25ib emplacement, it is very not likely to happen as the team say no to new units. And as the 25ib dont make it, the valentine dont have anything to work with so it isn't very good.

Bunker and tank trap are very solid, tho.
8 Mar 2021, 06:56 AM

As much as i like the 25ib emplacement, it is very not likely to happen as the team say no to new units. And as the 25ib dont make it, the valentine dont have anything to work with so it isn't very good.

Bunker and tank trap are very solid, tho.

Ya, I saw Sander's comment and it's a shame they might not add any new units. Tbh I would just copy the weapon stats of the Sexton with slightly shorter range. After all the 25 pdr would be an emplacement too, thus a bit more durable than other howitzers, therefore it would make sense to force the players to put it closer to the frontline. No brace, that might be op.
8 Mar 2021, 08:42 AM

Again, arty cover dont realy fit the theme and PB is the only selling point that this commander had left. I rather keep it, or, if it have to go, i will take "hold the line" in it place.

Arty cover is a good defensive ability, hold the line is badly designed ability that need to fixed.

I guess one could create a new ability (increase tenacity?) that temporally increases the the defensive properties of emplacements.

I personally use counter frequently especially in the new small 2vs2 maps so I do not think it useless.
8 Mar 2021, 08:53 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2021, 18:50 PMVipper
Hold The Line! ability is OP

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2021, 08:42 AMVipper
hold the line is badly designed ability that need to fixed.

Both statements have zero detail or explanation. It will definitely help the discussion when you add an explanation why you think this is the case. Posting generic terms only attracts comments you won't like.
8 Mar 2021, 09:03 AM

Both statements have zero detail or explanation. It will definitely help the discussion when you add an explanation why you think this is the case. Posting generic terms only attracts comments you won't like.

I was planning to provide more info when I got there but since you ask:

The ability combines defensive properties for infantries and strafes.

For the defensive properties of infantries alone the ability is UP since it comes late and is expensive.

For the planes the ability is expensive and comes to early. Keep in mind that planes will strafe targets and can not be shot down like loiter planes. In addition the number of planes has to do with number of targets so the ability become more cost efficient the higher the number of players.

Combined these too part of the ability make it come to early and cost too little.

The ability can stop enemy attacks on it own.

It should either become a proper loiter with higher cost and CP or infatry bonuses ability with lower cost and CP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★