Login

russian armor

question re: team games

20 Feb 2021, 01:04 AM

How can you tell if you're up against an arranged team ? I always play team games, and have no friends. If I know I'm up against an arranged team, I'd rather just leave.
20 Feb 2021, 01:39 AM
Senior Editor Badge

You'd need a 3rd party program to tell you their ranks, and even then it's not guaranteed.

I use CELO but there are one or two other popular ones out there.

It's better if you don't automatically leave because

1) finding a game can take a while
2) the arranged team you're up against could be really bad
3) there could be one or two random players in your 4v4 game that aren't part of the arranged team.

There won't be a separate ladder of arranged teams because the playerbase is so low so your solution for the time being ought to be

1) don't play the game
1.5) play with your own team
2) only play 1v1
3) only play against bots
4) be a dick and leave whenever you're against an arranged team
20 Feb 2021, 01:41 AM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/103744/mako-celo

Rosbone has a tool. You have to find your warnings log and setup auto scan as well as tick the find team ranks button.
20 Feb 2021, 01:52 AM

You'd need a 3rd party program to tell you their ranks, and even then it's not guaranteed.

I use CELO but there are one or two other popular ones out there.

It's better if you don't automatically leave because

1) finding a game can take a while
2) the arranged team you're up against could be really bad
3) there could be one or two random players in your 4v4 game that aren't part of the arranged team.

There won't be a separate ladder of arranged teams because the playerbase is so low so your solution for the time being ought to be

1) don't play the game
1.5) play with your own team
2) only play 1v1
3) only play against bots
4) be a dick and leave whenever you're against an arranged team

Honestly ? Until there's an option to silence chat, I'd rather be a dick and leave. I'm really just done with playing with random teammates against an arranged team, getting stomped and having to deal with "lmfao" "EZ" "noobs"...you get the idea.
20 Feb 2021, 03:53 AM

My own experience with MakoCELO has unfortunately added input lag. I would say manually as well if their profile are public, check if their teammate[s) is on their friends list,usually you can sort by "game playing"
20 Feb 2021, 04:32 AM

My own experience with MakoCELO has unfortunately added input lag. I would say manually as well if their profile are public, check if their teammate[s) is on their friends list,usually you can sort by "game playing"

Input lag? Can you expand on this?

I have heard some people complain about the original CELO creating lag. But I am not familiar with the code enough to venture a guess. But MakoCELO should not be causing lag. If it IS CAUSING lag, then the problem must be with talking to the Relic servers. That would explain the complaints about original CELO as well. Since both version now talk to the Relic servers.

Did MakoCELO cause lag issues before the 64-bit patch? It did not talk to the Relic servers before the patch.

:hijack:
Sorry
20 Feb 2021, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2021, 04:32 AMRosbone

Input lag? Can you expand on this?

I have heard some people complain about the original CELO creating lag. But I am not familiar with the code enough to venture a guess. But MakoCELO should not be causing lag. If it IS CAUSING lag, then the problem must be with talking to the Relic servers. That would explain the complaints about original CELO as well. Since both version now talk to the Relic servers.

Did MakoCELO cause lag issues before the 64-bit patch? It did not talk to the Relic servers before the patch.

:hijack:
Sorry

I'd only ever tried it a couple days ago Rosbone. My evidence is anecdotal but it feels reminiscent of what I felt with CELO back in 2016: camera movement is not as responsive, and orders aren't as snappy. Also in my last game, which I can post if you like, there were some instances of units appearing where they were a quarter second earlier, that kind of rubberbanding. I suspected it was network related but I didn't pay attention to the workings of MakoCELO so I just chalked it up to something random or the server. I don't mean to disparage your work as there's a lot of possible reasons, but trying to use MakoCELO was the only real variable I added.
20 Feb 2021, 19:49 PM

I don't mean to disparage your work as there's a lot of possible reasons, but trying to use MakoCELO was the only real variable I added.

I agree. I did not take it as bad information. To me ALL information is good information.

I am new to the type of coding that uses web calls. So I am not a pro in any sense of the word. And as I keep stating, I purposely left out web calls in MakoCELO to make it reliable. That is why I was asking if earlier versions had these issues.

Maybe Relic will fix their code (it would literally take 5 seconds to do) and we can get back to normal life :thumbsup:

To put it in perspective, They just need to uncomment a couple lines and be done. I had to rewrite MakoCELO, then write a log system just like they are using in Coh2, and troubleshoot issues with it. So their lack of a 2 second fix has cost me personally days of coding, researching, and testing.

It almost feels like Relic does not care about their customers at all. Which is really sad.
21 Feb 2021, 01:37 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2021, 19:49 PMRosbone

I agree. I did not take it as bad information. To me ALL information is good information.

I am new to the type of coding that uses web calls. So I am not a pro in any sense of the word. And as I keep stating, I purposely left out web calls in MakoCELO to make it reliable. That is why I was asking if earlier versions had these issues.

Maybe Relic will fix their code (it would literally take 5 seconds to do) and we can get back to normal life :thumbsup:

To put it in perspective, They just need to uncomment a couple lines and be done. I had to rewrite MakoCELO, then write a log system just like they are using in Coh2, and troubleshoot issues with it. So their lack of a 2 second fix has cost me personally days of coding, researching, and testing.

It almost feels like Relic does not care about their customers at all. Which is really sad.

Would a fix to this issue in-game be turning off MakoCELO after it grabs the ranks for you to see? Seems easy enough at the moment but annoying to have to restart with each game.

As for Relic not caring, they care enough (or maybe it was mandated) that they update the game to 64-bit for the xbox live game pass :p And there's at least two Relic employees working on taking feedback and fixing bugs!
21 Feb 2021, 05:52 AM

Would a fix to this issue in-game be turning off MakoCELO after it grabs the ranks for you to see? Seems easy enough at the moment but annoying to have to restart with each game.

Yes, you can manually scan it yourself or set it to autoscan every X amount of seconds. During the autoscan it looks to see if it already searched the web for this match and skips it if so. Manual scans get data from the web every time.

So every X seconds it opens a read only copy of the LOG file and reads thru it looking for a match. Which should be so fast it is unnoticeable. However, this was true when people used to restart Coh2 pretty often. With the 64-bit patch people are NOT restarting and the log file keeps growing and growing in size. Thus taking longer to scan each time.

So all CELO users may see benefits if they restart every few games or so.

EDIT: A couple more things to note are:
- The CYCLE ELO VALS option redraws the stats page every few seconds. Turning that off may help.
- Using the STATS FX options use a lot of CPU. Turn these OFF for best performance.

And of course having STATS FX and CYCLE turned on will make your CPU busy every couple of seconds.
21 Feb 2021, 09:30 AM

Opened a thread about team games @ finished reading a thread about celo. Teleportation is real.
Until there's an option to silence chat, I'd rather be a dick and leave

+1
Also I don't think it's connected to being a dick. How does ruskies feel about blaming you every game? Do they think they are dicks? So am I and rather save my nervous than deal with arrogant behavior.
22 Feb 2021, 17:56 PM

my suggest is tell your teamate they are arrange team and ask them leave,and you afk to waste their time.
if everyone do this, the 4v4 is more balance and no arrange team
22 Feb 2021, 18:12 PM

Won plenty of games vs arranged 3v3s. Some of them even top 100 rank. It's a complete load of bullshit that arranged team spells an instant loss. In a 4v4, maybe. But only because 4v4 is a general mess. I think skippy and his team's plays are a living testament to that.
Eg. Winning a game only building conscripts....

3v3, just play the game, you might win, you might lose. If you lose, learn from it, don't be salty like the majority of morons in the game and move on.
22 Feb 2021, 22:31 PM

I just search up one of their steam names (if they have an unusual name helps) then look on their friends list to see if I can spot the 3 other members.

If so I usually /leave after explaining that it's just not worth the the time playing against full premades with randoms.

I usually play allies so wait times aren't generally an issue. No point trying to stick it out against a team of sweats that are usually toxic. Better to leave and find a better game than wait for the inevitable 'EZ' and shit talking from 'SS Wiking Blue 1st Larp Div'.

As axis 4v4 tends to be a more gentle experience so I usually stick it out.
23 Feb 2021, 01:20 AM

Currently I would not play ANY team games until Relic pulls their heads out of their asses.

Servers are totally messed up.
24 Feb 2021, 12:39 PM

Personally I would love to see the checkbox in the game to avoid playing vs arrange team.
Problem solved
27 Feb 2021, 02:13 AM

well, it's nice to see i'm not the only one feeling the way i do. i admit, i'm horrible at 1v1, so i very rarely play that mode. i just enjoy team games more, but the way it is now can be very frustrating and/or toxic. i play games to unwind from life, not to get even angrier. yes, i realize that how we perceive and process things is really up to us, but everyone playing also has a decision to make regarding how they will interact with other players. that said, i have won against arranged teams but the chances generally are slim, so i'd rather not, given the option
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★