Login

russian armor

USF recon plane OP

19 Feb 2021, 15:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V_VE2UFqHU

How come it is so much longer than ost version?
19 Feb 2021, 17:01 PM

If only there was some kind of counter that could rapidly shoot down planes and cause the other player to basically waste munitions. Also, Spec Ops flares would like to have a word with you.
19 Feb 2021, 17:08 PM

nobody taking this guy seriously anymore lol
20 Feb 2021, 07:30 AM

If only there was some kind of counter that could rapidly shoot down planes and cause the other player to basically waste munitions. Also, Spec Ops flares would like to have a word with you.

I get your point, the way say this.
It makes me think you never played ost. You'd realize no allied aerial ability ability ever gets shot down as fast it happens the other way around even if had tanks with pintles, 222 and even Ostwinds.
20 Feb 2021, 08:39 AM

I get your point, the way say this.
It makes me think you never played ost. You'd realize no allied aerial ability ability ever gets shot down as fast it happens the other way around even if had tanks with pintles, 222 and even Ostwinds.

It's true that OST is more RNG with AA but that's mostly because they have quantity over quality since they have Pintles as you say as well as possibly a 222 if you keep it alive for late game Recon. Any of which can randomly shoot done the plane let alone the chances if multiple are present. Either way an Ostwind's AA is more than good enough to shorten the duration of a Recon plane to counter it's effects even if that's the only AA on the map way before it encroaches on OP territory. It's not like Recon Plane has KT armor or something like OP would have you believe just because he watched one cast where Tightrope points out how useful the Recon Plane was...
20 Feb 2021, 08:49 AM

It's true that OST is more RNG with AA but that's mostly because they have quantity over quality since they have Pintles as you say as well as possibly a 222 if you keep it alive for late game Recon. Any of which can randomly shoot done the plane let alone the chances if multiple are present. Either way an Ostwind's AA is more than good enough to shorten the duration of a Recon plane to counter it's effects even if that's the only AA on the map way before it encroaches on OP territory. It's not like Recon Plane has KT armor or something like OP would have you believe just because he watched one cast where Tightrope points out how useful the Recon Plane was...

AA can counter loiter reckon planes. On the other hand they can not stop single pass planes like the ones US, UKF and soon OKW have stock from providing los to use off maps.
20 Feb 2021, 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2021, 08:49 AMVipper

AA can counter loiter reckon planes. On the other hand they can not stop single pass planes like the ones US, UKF and soon OKW have stock from providing los to use off maps.

OKW already has the single pass smoke plane that is also good for recon.

I think what Etheral was referring to is that Axis can get cheap okayish AA even without buulding a dedicated unit, whilr Allies are usually forced to build one.
20 Feb 2021, 10:50 AM

It's not like Recon Plane has KT armor or something like OP would have you believe just because he watched one cast where Tightrope points out how useful the Recon Plane was...
I never said recon plains were OP or anything it's just that ost aa is quite unreliable of dealing with any aerial ability. I don't think I'v ever seen my 222 or ostwind shoot down p47 AT planes or Typhoons while in action but have seen my JU87D getting plucked from the air by quads.
20 Feb 2021, 10:53 AM

OKW already has the single pass smoke plane that is also good for recon.

I think what Etheral was referring to is that Axis can get cheap okayish AA even without buulding a dedicated unit, whilr Allies are usually forced to build one.
Funny how the allies had air superiority but in game there are more axis aerial abilities.
20 Feb 2021, 12:21 PM

Aaaaa! Yes. More quality posts. The argument of the village idiots. Look, this guy made good use of an ability. OP!!!!!!
20 Feb 2021, 15:50 PM

when i play as axis with smoke recon ability i hopes the allies have AA so when i spam it it would kamikze dive into the enemy position if you set it right, 6 out of 10 times it wiped someone and with a cheap price too
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 52
unknown 35
United Kingdom 50
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %